Heya.

I just picked up the ZRE yesterday. Had the following parts fitted:

C-One

Front sway bar 25mm - Nengun

Front strut brace - Nengun

Cusco

Rear sway bar 16mm - Nengun

Eibach

Pro kit springs - SILVABULLIT (Member here, Great price and prompt delivery)

First impressions are the car is a totally new vehicle. Im very happy with the end result. Turn-in is far sharper, more responsive and agressive. Body roll is almost eliminated compared to stock. Spring rates are nice, not crazy firm, yet i am very impressed with the ability to absorb road noise and still be so firm. Ride height is good (30mm front drop and 35mm rear drop) I would like it lower but i knew the ride height before i purchased the springs so no complaints. Im very happy with them.

Handling is far superior to the stock set up. Cornering speeds are drastically higher, allowing me to stay in the higher rev/power range than previously driven. No noticeable under-steer at all. The whole package came together really well. I would recommend it to anyone. Now i just need some wheel spacers and a decent seat!

Some pics:

C-One Front 25mm sway bar:

c-onefull.jpg

The lower control arm/s have to be removed to fit it. Nothing too drastic.

Cusco Rear 16mm sway bar:

cuscofull.jpg

Cusco Rear sway bar mounting points:

Cuscomount.jpg

Final ride height:

bwbackside.jpg

bwside.jpg

bwfront.jpg

Excellent :D

Edited by dutchie101

Cost was as follows.

C-One Front strut brace, landed in Oz, from Nengun = AU$309

C-One Front sway AU$357

Cusco Rear sway AU$284 + freight (combined freight for front and rear sway) AU$248 from Nengun

Eibach springs - Pro Kit AU$570 to your door ( courtesy of SILVABULLIT) RRP AU$660 Thanks SB!

If you had the tools and a hoist or pit, spring compressors etc you could DIY. I couldnt be stuffed and paid Pedders in Ridgehaven AU$400 inc all installation and wheel alignment. Some may think this is a bit exy, but for the hours involved its quite good.

So total cost: AU$2,168

Not bad for a new car, its like they way it should be... a whole new and far better drive. I love it.

Im running standard shocks till they cr*p themselves, then i might go coil overs so i can get the ride height just how i like it. Good coil overs tho, no cheapies.

Cost was as follows.

C-One Front sway AU$357

Cusco Rear sway AU$284 + freight (combined freight for front and rear sway) AU$248 from Nengun

Eibach springs - Pro Kit AU$570 to your door ( courtesy of SILVABULLIT) RRP AU$660 Thanks SB!

If you had the tools and a hoist or pit, spring compressors etc you could DIY. I couldnt be stuffed and paid Pedders in Ridgehaven AU$400 inc all installation and wheel alignment. Some may think this is a bit exy, but for the hours involved its quite good.

Not bad for a new car, its like they way it should be... a whole new and far better drive. I love it.

Im running standard shocks till they cr*p themselves, then i might go coil overs so i can get the ride height just how i like it. Good coil overs tho, no cheapies.

Cheers Dutchie. I put a Whiteline front sway in a VT Commodore a few years back, it was great, but the cost an arm and a leg in labour because they have to drop the whole front cross-member on those cars to get the front sway on - so I know how the labour costs can end up ;)

Glad you're happy with yours, IMO suspension mods are among the best bang-for-buck you can spend on your car, far beyond anything you can do to the engine or bodykit/wheels etc. Only other thing I'd say that comes close in bang-for-buck are stereo mods.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Cost was as follows.

C-One Front sway AU$357

Hey dutchie, do you think these sway bars and strut brace fit on my 2010 ascent? I wasn't sure if the facelift corolla was different to yours :S

I should also note on this thread, that Eibach/OEM combo is now replaced with Pedders Coil overs. Check my rides thread for more info...

I have peddars coilover as well, do you think we need sway bars?

I am pretty happy with the peddars coilover already..

What settings do you use for peddars? I use front 8 rear 10..

Since street driving has slow speeds,it is pointless to set them too hard..

Before, I set front 15 and rear 10, but has really bad understeer at front wheels, now with front 8 rear 10, the balance is just right

If I have ever has a chance to go to Eastern creek, I might set a lot more harder for both of the front and rear...

That looks great.

Can it be fitted without taking the springs out?

The sway bars? Yes, they can be fitted without the removal of the springs.

Ben, its up to you really. Sounds like you dont push the car all that hard, so you might not need it.. up to you really.