Sportivo in Lift

Afternoon guys... gotta question whilst I'm in Lift...

When it engages in Lift in 1st, the rev is very smooth up until it reaches around 7800 - 7900 RPM then the "feels like" it looses traction in the wheels as the engine revs very rough.

I was thinking maybe its something wrong with the engine? :o I think I got enough tread in my tires, so I think it maybe something wrong with the engine. I can't remember if it happens in 2nd, but from memory i think it doesn't...

Also i've never went past 8000 RPM, simply because I can't because of this "loss of traction"

any help would be appreciated! Thanks :)

Edited by Kenshin X

could be the clutch slipping? how old is it?

2003 corolla sportivo, I dont think its the clutch, or maybe my uncle overlooked it when we drove it... =\

Edited by Kenshin X

its possible that if the clutch face is worn it will slip at high rpm/load... its exactly the same thing as my celica does right now (due to a ****ty standard clutch and too much power)

Or it's axle tramp!

happens when you have 195 wide tyres :P

its nothing to be concerned about. some people claim a front sway bar reduces the tramp

Edited by T_Money

our stivos dont rev past 8k just to let you know o.o, well i think it doesn't lol i've had the car for a year and i still dont know lol

they rev to 8200 ish....a little higher sometimes :)

I love the sound of hitting limo, not on my car of course. But hearing some other stooge do it.lol

Theres a vid on youtube somewhere of guys in a beemer revving the crap outta it at the lights, hitting limiter for like 10-15 seconds straight, then when the lights go green and the take off they end up blowing the motor.........fools

So I'm guessing you bought a new clutch already? :P I think I might consider it at 100,000km... If that's the case... Any other possiblities?

Thanks mate

not as yet... i am still deciding how hardcore i want to go with the new clutch

come to think of it... there was one thing ever since i came back from sydney thats beginning to happen. sometimes from rest in 1st gear. As i let go of the clutch and press accel, the car feels like its "wobbling" before it actually accelerates smoothly. So maybe IT IS the clutch... and lately, the clutch friction point seems to be lower and lower to the floor as every month passes. I'll drive until it dies eventually. :P

I was looking at the exedy clutches and im confused. which one would be the best for the normal/occasional thrash? Just the heavy duty or the higher ones HD button kit or the HD cushion button kit?

what are the differences? and would there be any other part i need to get with the clutch if i go heavy duty?

cheers

Edited by Kenshin X

... HD button kit or the HD cushion button kit?

I can't help you on the overall recommendations, but I will say this... DON'T get a button clutch unless you really only intend on racing your car or drive it hard on a daily level. Button clutches are basically either engaged or disengaged... no in-between.

... HD button kit or the HD cushion button kit?

I can't help you on the overall recommendations, but I will say this... DON'T get a button clutch unless you really only intend on racing your car or drive it hard on a daily level. Button clutches are basically either engaged or disengaged... no in-between.

ahhh i c, thanks for the info! be getting the tyk7334 HD then :)

and it is necessary to get the other parts too like flywheels etc?

cheers

and it is necessary to get the other parts too like flywheels etc?

You don't have to upgrade anything else; most people usually replace things like the flywheel while in there due to labour costs being so high that they don't want to be in there later on doing work. At a minimum having the flywheel machined is recommended.

Or it's axle tramp!

happens when you have 195 wide tyres :P

its nothing to be concerned about. some people claim a front sway bar reduces the tramp

Sounds like this :P its sorta like no power until you hit LIFT, then nothing but wheelspin XD

one of the benefits of LIFT :lol:

Evo

Jesus you blokes must give your cars a hiding...

u got no idea eviltwin... no idea :P

i bought my sportivo last august with 91% pads.

now i got like 25% of them left, sometimes squel like crazy :whistling:

btw, first place i rang for exedy clutch and flywheel machined ABS... $1430 bucks! omfgbbqwithmayo!!! not going there for the clutch now... i thought getting the brakes upgraded and changed there for $680 were reasonable so i rang there for clutch replacement thinking they'd do a good price for me too.

wasn't the case <_<