arc's Aurion SX6

arc

Did some work putting in the 701 processor and sub amp today have to excuse the crap photos. (htc camera phone)

Processor and fused distro.

384839666.jpg

ARC audio KS 300.2 sitting on top of processor and distro note the little legs attached to amp.

384839768.jpg

What it looks like from behind

384839749.jpg

Added Optima yellow top battery as well had to make a new battery clamp to fit and also a Monster Cables 150 amp circuit breaker is mounted under that cover along the front.

384839708.jpg

Close up of the reverse camera

384839813.jpg

Another angle

384839796.jpg

Kappa shots

384839595.jpg

384839608.jpg

384839703.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah not yet still waiting for 1 rim on backorder and havnt made my mind up on tyres yet.

^ Good stuff mate. Certainly won't be disappointed. I'm not sure about you, but after fitting my rotors, I was very cautious about them. So when I stopped at a set of lights, I would (where possible) put the car into neutral and take my foot off the brakes. After handling them myself, I just couldn't bear the thought of them warping.

After about 1000km of driving with them, you should go for a Nebo run to see how it feels. Definitely an improvement.

^ Good stuff mate. Certainly won't be disappointed. I'm not sure about you, but after fitting my rotors, I was very cautious about them. So when I stopped at a set of lights, I would (where possible) put the car into neutral and take my foot off the brakes. After handling them myself, I just couldn't bear the thought of them warping.

After about 1000km of driving with them, you should go for a Nebo run to see how it feels. Definitely an improvement.

Thanks for the tip mate ill do that, did you do the rears on yours ? i will prob just get the street series for rear. Just gotta wait for my pedders springs now i was hoping they would be here by Friday just gone but are still in transit. Apparently the fronts are newly released and they were just put into mass production in the last 2 weeks dont know if there was a problem with the old ones or camry ones were getting used :unsure:

... did you do the rears on yours ? i will prob just get the street series for rear.

Sure did. Was the Street Series as well since I didn't have the need to go over the top with the rears... plus I think the 4000 Series wasn't available at the time anyways. Here's a pic for reference... they sure look rather small eh:

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8757/dsc05448.jpg

... did you do the rears on yours ? i will prob just get the street series for rear.

Sure did. Was the Street Series as well since I didn't have the need to go over the top with the rears... plus I think the 4000 Series wasn't available at the time anyways. Here's a pic for reference... they sure look rather small eh:

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8757/dsc05448.jpg

Hahaha there tiny compared to the 4000's i think the street series rears are a 3 week wait from memory.

Hahaha there tiny compared to the 4000's i think the street series rears are a 3 week wait from memory.

The 4000's make no difference to the size of the rear rotors. Same goes for the fronts.

3 weeks eh? That's a bit of a bummer. I ordered mine and had them in 2 days. I guess they must have run out.

had to wait about a week for fronts who'd you et yours through.

I went to Super Cheap Auto and got them to order directly from DBA. This meant I got them for the cost that DBA was selling them for and I only had to pay something like $7.95 each extra for delivery. Front rotors took about 3 days when I ordered them.

I went through GSL Rallysport got the pads from them at same time they said "will have to manufacture eta approx 2 weeks" when i ordered mine.

• 3 weeks later...

Springs are getting fitted on Thursday :yahoo: so i'll be giving them a good drive over the to the northside thursday night to meet fellow Brisbane members at the meet.

Also started my fibreglass box in the drivers side rear quarter here are some progress pics.

This is the area all masked up

385801571.jpg

2 layers down and drying

385801505.jpg

385801547.jpg

Removed from car and trimmed down ready for another few layers

385801623.jpg

385801670.jpg

Time for another update to my popular thread.

Car was lowered on Thursday i've been told the drop was 25mm at front and 50mm at rear this was using pedders sports rider springs.

386163169.jpg

Will get some better shots once the rain goes away and car is clean.

Made some more progress on my sub box today nearly finished just needs a few more little things then ready to carpet.

386162908.jpg

386163276.jpg

386163305.jpg

386163328.jpg

Were you at the thursday nights meet,with all those Aurions? your ride was parked next to Ingres Aurion,man the 1st thing i noticed was the height,looks awesome. :clap:

also the boot install looks really trick,how long before she is all finished and up and pumping?

Yes that was me at the Thursday night meet next to Ingres's car first time i went there was great night meeting most of the QLD members didn't get to meet everyone there but most. My mod list just grew alot bigger after leaving there.

Im hoping to have "upgraded" sound by saturday most of saturday will be spent tuning as the system is running active (no crossovers) on front speakers so will require alot of playing. Im hoping to have subbox all trimmed up tuesday arvo and mounted with sub in. Then it is on to my remote start alarm which i'm not looking forward to.

I also brought the k&n intake that was posted for sale in the buy&sell section so im hoping that it arrives next week but i doubt as i only paid for it on Friday and public holidays and postage is 3 days from VIC :angry:

Edited by arc

haha I didnt put 2 and 2 together and release it was you sorry mate was good to meet you btw and will have to have a better look at that sub next time you are out

No worries mate. I didnt have the sub box with me on thursday night but i'll bring it along this Thursday night if i dont get drgged along to shopping with the mrs.

Very nice, cant wait to see the results

Thanks mate going by your comment in your rides page about fighting not to mod i hope my car inspires you to start modding yours. :lol:

hey mate, it's coming along nicely. I'll admit I didn't really understand what you meant when you described your sub box to me the other night, but that looks great! Very fine workmanship, I hope mine comes out even half that good.

Keep up the good work, hopefully see you next week

... Then it is on to my remote start alarm which i'm not looking forward to.

Which system did you get? I'm working on one of these with my brother... they are pretty complicated.