CORBY GUILTY !!!!

Danthuyer

maybe she shouldn't have associated with such kind of people (drug users, smugglers, etc)

but, they were just making a mockery of her, what's up with asking the people what they think!?!?! That's not justice...that's publicity.

Our legal system gives us the benefit of the doubt, their's is...guilty until proven otherwise.

The Judge was a (bad word) anyways! boasting about his few hundred hangings, etc. and not one of his trials was proven innocent. what a (very bad word)

we showed compassion helping out...why can't they?

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

The good news is it is not a death sentence. At least she has a chance to appeal the decision now and even for the government to step in and get her shipped back to serve the sentence in Australia. It's not all bad.

Yeah their legal system sucks compared to ours, who'd want to be guilty unless PROVEN innocent. Here and doubt is put in the defences favour, over there, all doubt is heald against you.

Geez I'm glad I got in to read Azza'a post in time, that was good stuff...

I still feel she was lucky to get away with 20 years. Going by opinion polls in Bali she should consider herself lucky...

Okay then...

Here you all go, if you want something to chew over... :P

BELOW IS PURELY MY THOUGHT AND NOT INTENDED FOR HEATED ARGUMENTS!!!!

REMEMBER: NONE OF US KNOW THEW FACTS, AND IF ANYBODY HERE CAN PROVE HER INNOCENCE, THEN YOU HAVE SOME SERIOUS EXPLAINING TO DO....

I agree that their legal system sucks, but when you weigh everything up, at the end of the day, she was caught coming into the country with the stuff, she is guilty of that.

The real question is whether she is guilty of actually putting it there in the first place.

I have a number of different views on the matter.

1) Anybody with extensive boogy-board riding experience will know that your board & flippers in a bag are only going to weigh the best part of 4-5kg themselves MAX!!!! If I was to pick my board bag up off the carousel and notice it twice the weight - I would notice something was a miss immeadiatley.

2) Look at the size of a boogy-board in a bag with a pair of flippers. Now picture it coming around the baggage carousel looking like it has got about 3 pillows stuffed into it. I certainly wouldn't have touched it.

With respect to these past 2 comments, it was mentioned that her brother collected this bag from the carousel and this is why she did not notice anything amiss with it. He has been surfing/boogy-boarding alot longer than she has, why did he not notice it.

3) There has been a lot of rumours and speculation about the possible illegal activities and the notoriety of certain members of her family on the Coast. If you believe half of it, then perhaps she may not be guilty.

4) Look who funded her legal defence...a man who has also been named in the past as a member of the wrong side of the law on the Gold Coast.

5) There has been a lot of talk on the radio this afternoon about the profitablilty of the importation of Marijuana into Indonesia, and why would you take AUD$60,000 worth of weed into a country where the value would be nothing more than about AUD$5,000... Good point.

I guess I do not want to start arguments over her alleged guilt or possible innocence, but I will state this one fact...

Taking into consideration what I wrote on point 5 - If you also consider what I mentioned about her families alleged links with the drug world on the coast, then could this be a setup? Could someone having access to luggage in Australia, possibley connected or corrupted to a 'rival' dealer on the Coast, have set her up as some form of payback/revenge/act of retaliation.... ;P ;P ;P

I don't think any of us will ever know the truth unless we see a press conference with Schapelle Corby and whomever else maybe responsible.

At the end of the day, there were drugs in her bag, the aim of the court was not to determine who put them there, rather whether she is guilty of bringing drugs into indonesia....

I guess on some sort of warped positive note, our millions of dollars we sent there after the Tsunami possibley bought her life and spared her the death penalty...

Again, we'll never know...

Cheers

Aaron

thx for reposting...ill post a few comments when im back at work and have time to reply :P

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

cos we all know it is sooooo much easier to post from work then from home :P

now get back to work slacker :P

azza i share your exact same feelings.......

I would feel really sorry for her if she is not guilty but all the evidence does point in the direction that she is guilty.....

I think the Australian public really needs to understand 2 things:

1) This is the law of the land ...... i understand that it is not as flexible as the laws here BUT at the end of the day it is their country and if it was a local they probably would have got the death sentence so 20 years compared to death i leave that to u to make up ur own mind

2) This incident happened in another country.... Do we really want to be like the yanks and get involved in other countries local affairs ???? We have already made our country a target do we want it to become even more of a target. Also why is she so different that the other guys that have now been caught ? I just find to much of the story being told to be to much of a co-insidence.... Why doesnt the millionare fund the defence for the other guys ????

thumbs up to azza!

i cant stand those idiots who decide she's innocent based on what they hear from the media.. the media is biased. unless we ourselves can hear her trial then we cannot make judgements.

this whole thing is sus.. i mean seriously, wtfunk is up with that millionaire guy? is he just really really nice? or does he have an alterior motive?