LTB: Toyota Sprinter

el.3

I don't want anything flashy. I don't want the "Amazing 4AGE conversion with over $9000 spent in extras". Or the "Initial-D replica! RARE" that everyone's making..

I want myself a Toyota Sprinter, stock as stock can get.

Prefer Levin but I'm not fussed.

I live in Sydney, NSW. If you're around the joint, have a Sprinter you don't want, bush-bashed, ****** engine, no engine (i'm not paying excessive prices for shells, though), ripped interior, whatever. I'd prefer it if it were drivable, and it absolutely must have a straight body.

If you can help me here, reply to this thread with your offers.

Thank you :)

Unfortunately the reason why you are modding it is the reason why it would be bloody expensive, I remember last time a shelled out one was asking for about $500 but that included some rx7 brake calipers ( think everything else was missing from the car though...

Takumi tax anyone....

Yeah, I agree.. Takumi tax has made that car quite pricey, I've seen some clean sprinters go for around 16 grand, which is absolutely ridiculous for a car thats as old as I am.

Can I give you some advice and tell you not to bother with a Hachi, if you want a car that performs roughly about the same and is hella cheaper than an Sprinter, I'd probably recommend you start looking into KE70's with 4AGE conversions, or you can probably pick up a stock one for less than 1000 dollars and I've seen 4AGE's go for less than 800 dollars plus transmission and loom etc. I'm actually tempted on getting one for my little brother.

edit - You might want to use these forums to help find one though, I haven't seen many Hachi or KE70 owners on this forum, try post here too:

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/

http://www.hachiroku.com.au/forums/

Edited by jdmwhore

Just buy another car, why would you want such an old car, you don't deliver tofu @ 3AM in the morning with a client who's coincidently on the other side of a mountain... :P

MX5 comes to mind as a much better alternative... Nobody is Takumi after all :lol:

If you do manage to find an AE86 for cheap, its got Touge run or Dori Dori damage... Or significant bits and pieces are missing...

Edited by DreadAngel

Just buy another car, why would you want such an old car, you don't deliver tofu @ 3AM in the morning with a client who's coincidently on the other side of a mountain... :P

MX5 comes to mind as a much better alternative... Nobody is Takumi after all :lol:

If you do manage to find an AE86 for cheap, its got Touge run or Dori Dori damage... Or significant bits and pieces are missing...

KE70 ftw!! trust me, you wont be dissappointed, this car aims to please, its like a go kart on drugs :lol:

Just what I've seen on the market, IMO, you shouldn't be paying that much for something so old thats probably ridden with rust.... <_<

Sprinter for $10k

Sprinter for ~$4k

Sprinter for ~$35k!!!? wth?!

Sprinter for ~$5k

All in NSW too, so this should give you a rough idea of what your looking for...

Just what I've seen on the market, IMO, you shouldn't be paying that much for something so old thats probably ridden with rust.... <_<

Sprinter for $10k

Sprinter for ~$4k

Sprinter for ~$35k!!!? wth?!

Sprinter for ~$5k

All in NSW too, so this should give you a rough idea of what your looking for...

Already test driven the $10k one, it's a nice, sporty car, but I just can't afford it ><

The KE70 is a very good idea. I've seen those go for dirt, too. I'll keep my eye on those on your recommendation, there's one for sale not too far (so tempted to drive down there right now ><)

Are they RWD? And are they converted fairly easily (low fabrication required etc)?

I'd search around but I just got capped ><

Thanks for all the replies, by the way. Reason I wanted a sprinter is because it's just a personal favorite of mine, was just trying my luck; never know haha :)