Johnnie Levin ZR 2008

johnnieboi

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice run. Happy to see a ZRE on the track :toast:

Where do you feel your ZRE needs to improve on the track? Maybe aside from power.

Power, isn't everything.

Agreed. Just curious if the ZRE has any strong potential, power is probably not one of them. I can only imagine how much weight reduction would help.

Where do you feel your ZRE needs to improve on the track? Maybe aside from power.

Power, isn't everything.

Agreed. Just curious if the ZRE has any strong potential, power is probably not one of them. I can only imagine how much weight reduction would help.

I told john to rip out his seats next time :lol:

Good work Johnnie with the Corolla :)

FYI, for all your timing and sessions, click here: http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?02/11/2010.WIN

Click on the right hand links to get the break-down of your lap times and PB for each sessions.

As for me, I got a new PB but have major understeer issues. Going to sort out my allignment and do a few things to go 1.46 hopefully.

For sure trung. You'll crack it easy, man you overlapped me during a session.

Good work getting out there mate , whats the next wallet emptier for the car?

Coilovers, front sway, Ferodo brake pads.. maybe put semi-slicks on my stockies next trackday.. :spiteful:

Looks like I got 1:56.58 to beat? :P hahaha joking, good work mate! Have you looked at S-drives?

Yes pete, you would of loved it. and yes also, that is your time to beat.. with coils, you should get it. I dont know what tyres to get next, the RE's held up good but lose traction when they start to heat up, i was losing grip and understeering bad by end of the day, maybe Federal 595s like duys.

Handling and stopping power. So coilovers and brake pads, throw it front sway for kicks. Then all you gota do is improve your racing line, be confident to brake later on before cornering, be in the right gear for cornering, hit the apex and go wide out of the corner and power out of the corner smoothly. You pretty much improve each session you do.

Nice vid of Johnnie's run. Looks like your doing pretty well. I would have loved to have a crack at it with some different tires and rims. You running OEM brakes?

Yep. Still good. But they will be upgrading next year. If you brake correctly, you should be fine, my 1st time on track i was almost hitting ABS. Just gotta learn to just tap them instead of stomp on them, unless you gonna go flying off track.

Btw, yes.. our ZREs can heel and toe. hehehe :P

Power, isn't everything.

thats why kenshinx's sportivo [lift] leaves me in the dust on straights. <_<

Good work mate!

i think u can crack 1:53-54 without semis, Id get semis last cause if u upgrade a whole bunch of stuff before the next track day, ur lines will be different.(well i cant speak lol)... even upgrading brakes, it will through u out a bit cause ur braking later, then u gota prepare for the turn etc etc etc...Keep at it dude! Its good to see non sportivos on the track, u gota give them a run for their money! Great job in the end!

Good work mate!

i think u can crack 1:53-54 without semis, Id get semis last cause if u upgrade a whole bunch of stuff before the next track day, ur lines will be different.(well i cant speak lol)... even upgrading brakes, it will through u out a bit cause ur braking later, then u gota prepare for the turn etc etc etc...Keep at it dude! Its good to see non sportivos on the track, u gota give them a run for their money! Great job in the end!

I definitely need coilovers before next track session desmond. I think that will improve my handling prowess a lot; go lower for more centre of gravity and stiffer chassis for less bodyroll and better cornering. Brake pads are fine atm, i should buy a set of pads for future change anyway and look into some different tyres when my tyres go. RE001s are good, but i'll see if i can go one better next tyre change.

See what happens though, this is all for next year, plus still new to trackwork so still much to learn and play around with. its all good! B)

Found out something new today (for all the ZRE levin owners). That my ZRE has double locking function when you press the lock button twice in 5seconds it locks the outside and inside in an event that someone smashes your windows they cant open the doors from the inside. lol

(always wondered what those window stickers meant!)

And more importantly (and noobishly) that my smartkey actually had a key in it! Almost two and a half yrs i had my car didnt know it had a key!!

Never used it till today, FML hardcore! Pity never got the full walkthrough when i picked it up at the dealership. lol

Always wondered why my door had a keyhole and all i had was a black remote. I'd be stuck if the remote battery died. <_<

Thanks to vinh and mark aka MRMPS for showing me.

sighh.. noob <_<

post-10034-0-21285000-1289724590_thumb.j

post-10034-0-38345800-1289724599_thumb.j

WeaponR headers in!

Vinh didnt want his so i got them off him. :D Thanks vinh and his brother quang again for using his driveway/garage and tools and labour to get the job done.

Installation was easy enough, O2 sensor was a b!tch to get out. Headers were a direct fit. Comparison of new and stock is quite different. New header pipes are slightly larger and upon inspection of inside are much less restrictive. Welds on headers look top notch and build is in stainless steel compared to mild steel on stock one.

Went for test drive and the drive on the way home, still cant feel the difference yet. Maybe placebo effect. Im sure the exhaust flow is much more less restrictive now and there is some slight gains there. I think i feel like theres mid-range gain and torque, but again still too new.

Heres a few snaps. Will be getting dyno soon, see what my zre puts out. Lol

post-10034-0-03583500-1289816045_thumb.j

post-10034-0-34735800-1289816052_thumb.j

post-10034-0-80592900-1289816118_thumb.j

post-10034-0-89760900-1289816127_thumb.j

Found out something new today (for all the ZRE levin owners). That my ZRE has double locking function when you press the lock button twice in 5seconds it locks the outside and inside in an event that someone smashes your windows they cant open the doors from the inside. lol

(always wondered what those window stickers meant!)

And more importantly (and noobishly) that my smartkey actually had a key in it! Almost two and a half yrs i had my car didnt know it had a key!!

Never used it till today, FML hardcore! Pity never got the full walkthrough when i picked it up at the dealership. lol

Always wondered why my door had a keyhole and all i had was a black remote. I'd be stuck if the remote battery died. <_<

Thanks to vinh and mark aka MRMPS for showing me.

sighh.. noob <_<

post-10034-0-21285000-1289724590_thumb.j

post-10034-0-38345800-1289724599_thumb.j

does it have a boost button for +50kw? LOL :lol:

Small drama.

After headers install, reset my ecu so it can relearn everything again.

Been pushing it today a fair bit and just noticed this afternoon and when i pulled into my driveway that i have a small rattling noise/very slight clanking and even then turns into whincing. It doesnt occur when i rev but actually when i depress the clutch to reverse or drive forward. WTF??????

Stressing me out hardcore now! I dont know what it is, pretty sure we've installed everything correctly and didnt even touch the clutch side of things. I was giving it a bit of a squirt here and there today but i've pushed it harder on track. I dont know what the problem is??!? Did i push it too hard today? F##K!!!

I'll let it settle and see how things go tomorrow. Doesnt sound very healthy though, surely i wouldnt be having clutch problems now? Even with the occasional aggressive driving?

Its sitting just under 37k on the clock. :( :(