TRD Brake Pads on Ebay

Hey,

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Genuine-TRD-Black-S...=item3efc9159eb

These TRD brake pads seem like a bargain. Has anyone purchased them for their sportivo? If so, are they the real deal and what is their quality like (low noise, low dust)?

Thanks,

hey mate, i bought them off ebay last week. only fitted the fronts on and yes they are really good. steering wheel doesn't shudder anymore. They ARE a bargain and i plan to buy another set of fronts for storage. otherwise i might buy the HPQ brands. (search them up on the forums and highly regarded here on TOCAU)

about the brake dust well... just clean your rims weekly and they should be alright. u can't have everything :P

bargain yes, dusty yes...

I have these front and back, with dba slotted fronts... works well i must say.. BUT only once its failed me, after a workout on the brakes it went really soft and pedal hit the floor...

i prob wont go trd again, but something different... wont be for a while tho... cars a weekend drive

I have these front and back, with dba slotted fronts... works well i must say.. BUT only once its failed me, after a workout on the brakes it went really soft and pedal hit the floor...

i prob wont go trd again, but something different... wont be for a while tho... cars a weekend drive

If you want to know why that happened, the Black series are only rated for Street use, if you look at the co-efficiency (μ=0.48~0.32) and temp rating (500℃) you can easily tell it won't even last you a few laps of all out track or spirited driving (depending of course how good a driver you are too cause the better you are obviously use less brakes but you can't defy physics). If you want TRD pads that are good for both street and spirited driving then look at the TRD Red series which has higher temp rating BUT the co-efficiency is higher so it'll wear out both itself and your rotors quicker ;)

If you want to know why that happened, the Black series are only rated for Street use, if you look at the co-efficiency (μ=0.48~0.32) and temp rating (500℃) you can easily tell it won't even last you a few laps of all out track or spirited driving (depending of course how good a driver you are too cause the better you are obviously use less brakes but you can't defy physics). If you want TRD pads that are good for both street and spirited driving then look at the TRD Red series which has higher temp rating BUT the co-efficiency is higher so it'll wear out both itself and your rotors quicker ;)

yeah never touched the track, failed in the back streets lolll... i dont want red cause the fact u said wear's out rotors quicker... whats a pad that isnt really dusty, good on the rotors... and high temp...?

yeah never touched the track, failed in the back streets lolll... i dont want red cause the fact u said wear's out rotors quicker... whats a pad that isnt really dusty, good on the rotors... and high temp...?

should try qfm performance pads. a lot of people use and recommend them. they're local

http://www.qfmperformance.com/

129 fr/79 rear for hpx street pad

too bad they not 79 like normal, they make them as ordered for the front of the sportivo

Edited by hAmZ

Just be aware there are plenty of fake brake pads out there. I'd recommend buying from a reputable source; it's not like buying fake C-One wing tips.

hey SD, thinking about this, my uncle when he fitted the pads, said that there is a little bit of copper in the compound... is this normal?

cheers

Looking at the specs of the QFM pads, they seem to be pretty reasonable specs, the co-efficiency seems a little higher than others but I wonder what compound is it made of? Are they semi-metallic? Carbon? Non-Asbestos? :)

I've got Endless MX72 on the front, they're brilliant :) If you look at their specs, its 50 - 700deg temp range, Average Coefficient of Friction 0.37 - 0.47, better than most regarding brake dust, brake fade, Controlability and pedal feel. This is compared to the major JDM brands like Project Mu, WinMax and ACRE. I've also tried Brembo and Bendix. Endless kills most them in almost every department (when comparing relevant series)

hey SD, thinking about this, my uncle when he fitted the pads, said that there is a little bit of copper in the compound... is this normal?

Not sure, I've never used the TRD pads.

Non-Asbestos? :)

Shame asbestos can't be used any more, it was good stuff :(