Believe me, Aurion 2010 is having Manufacturing Defects

post-18585-127071217296_thumb.jpgHi to All,

I purchased an Aurion 2010 Australian Make in Dec. 2009.

Now its at ths e Totoya Maintenance, after a major accident on 09.03.2010.

You woudn't believe me, I hit the 20cm high barrier on the right after applying a sudden brake.

When I got out to see what happened, I can't find my RHS-Rear Wheel, later I found on the opposite side of the Traffic. The RHS-Front Wheel, Axle, Bearing, The complete Differntial Set was Damaged.

The funny thing was I was driving only at 100-110 km/h.

I strongly believe that it is due to Manufacturing Defects, either the Brakes, ABS or the Steering.

When I contacted the Toyota Agents here in Saudi Arabia, even though it has a Warranty of 3-years,

I Got only negative and bad reply from them.

I wish to inform Mr. Mark Johansen at the Australian Branch, If anyone got his Contact Number or Email ID, Please send it to me.

Contact on my Email, so that I can send you the ON-SPOT pictures.

Regards

i can see the aurion in the pic u attached is a left hand drive.

then im pretty sure it is not our aurion. more likely is an asian version camry.

lol

lol it has to be said, that today was one of the most crappy working days I’ve ever had so to come to read this after Chris told me to check it out again has really put a smile on my face.... what’s this dude thinking and what sort of speeds do they usually consider "normal" to crash at?

what drugs are they on over there.

no let me guess , at the next service they want warranty on wheel alignment issues due to premature tyre wear ...... hahahahahaha

Hi GSV40R, mate you took the words right out of my mouth, when I first read it ,I thought to myself youve gotta be kidding

Chill guys, no need to act like a d*ck to him, the guy just had a really bad accident! And yes "only" 110KM/h because over there much higher speeds are the norm unlike what we are doing here. Much slower speed are the norm.

Like I said in page one, it is completely unfair to say its Toyota's problem, if you did not want the car to get mangled up at 110KM/h get a tank.

i can see the aurion in the pic u attached is a left hand drive.

then im pretty sure it is not our aurion. more likely is an asian version camry.

lol

Toyota Australia assembles the cars in LHD and exports them to the Middle East, they've been doing this for years (pretty much since the Altona plant opened I think). Holden have done the same with the Commodore too, over there it was badged the Chevrolet Lumina and was LHD too.

i think this guy actually has a point because how on earth did the back wheel come off in conjuction with the front!!

aahhh front wheel hit gutter at 110kph whilst wheel was turned, i guess he was chasing his tale at that point and the rear came around to whack the gutter too. didn't you see the camry drift videos , lol

Ahh... This thread is gettin nasty.. Thanks Raoof for the info, but don't think the people here take the problem as Manufacturing defect. It's hard to tell with no one here experiencing any problem with the new car.

My friend's BMW 320i was canceled after hitting a Hyundai on the side when doing only 25Kmph, and he also applied the brakes.

The Agency told him the cost to repair is 23 thousand US dollars.

Now THAT's ridiculous. Such an expensive car getting canceled for such a small accident.

Just sayin.

• 4 weeks later...

post-18585-127071217296_thumb.jpgHi to All,

I purchased an Aurion 2010 Australian Make in Dec. 2009.

Now its at ths e Totoya Maintenance, after a major accident on 09.03.2010.

You woudn't believe me, I hit the 20cm high barrier on the right after applying a sudden brake.

When I got out to see what happened, I can't find my RHS-Rear Wheel, later I found on the opposite side of the Traffic. The RHS-Front Wheel, Axle, Bearing, The complete Differntial Set was Damaged.

The funny thing was I was driving only at 100-110 km/h.

I strongly believe that it is due to Manufacturing Defects, either the Brakes, ABS or the Steering.

When I contacted the Toyota Agents here in Saudi Arabia, even though it has a Warranty of 3-years,

I Got only negative and bad reply from them.

I wish to inform Mr. Mark Johansen at the Australian Branch, If anyone got his Contact Number or Email ID, Please send it to me.

Contact on my Email, so that I can send you the ON-SPOT pictures.

Regards

Thats not even an Aurion, its a camry

• 2 weeks later...

Now THAT's ridiculous. Such an expensive car getting canceled for such a small accident.

structure strength is not the major factor in the market value of a car

at least not ahead of performance and comfort

Edited by tekkyy