INJEN CAI installed

If you got what it takes and can be bothered, do DIY CAI; could be cheaper, power has not been proven for ZREs.

If you just want something that you'll know will fit out of the box, go for

1. INJEN CAI

- keep INJEN filter and see how you go with engine light. (Yours is '09 so might be okay)

- buy 3A filter and wack it on instead of INJEN filter.

2. Weapon R CAI (Has not been confirmed to fit)

Check the ZRE FAQ thread. :)

Peter.

just bare in mind that every zre maf sensor is different in some way, some had problems some dont. I've installed mine for over 2 weeks now and still no CEL so far so good. The main point is that u either take that bullet or not. As for diy you'll most likely to get a dyno of a before and after to see if there's any gain.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

just ordered my Injen CAI for my '11 - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280570416441&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_500wt_922

Hopefully I won't be getting any CEL's. Anyone with a facelift rolla with an Injen CAI installed successfully with no CEL's?

just ordered my Injen CAI for my '11 - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280570416441&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_500wt_922

Hopefully I won't be getting any CEL's. Anyone with a facelift rolla with an Injen CAI installed successfully with no CEL's?

i gave installed it for 1 year and no cel

just ordered my Injen CAI for my '11 - http://cgi.ebay.com....en#ht_500wt_922

i gave installed it for 1 year and no cel

Thanks. That's good to hear. Are you using the Injen pod or a dry type pod like 3A Racing? Also, do you clean your pod regularly?

Thanks. That's good to hear. Are you using the Injen pod or a dry type pod like 3A Racing? Also, do you clean your pod regularly?

I've got a 3A Racing pod with Injen HydroShield. After 10,000kms, it's hardly dirty. :)

I've got a 3A Racing pod with Injen HydroShield. After 10,000kms, it's hardly dirty. :)

Sweet I think I need to get my hands on both the 3A Racing Pod and the Injen Hydroshield! Anywhere apart from eBay that I could pick these up and how much am I looking at lol?

Oh, and which model #'s should I be getting? Cheers man! (lol sorry for the multiple questions)

Sweet I think I need to get my hands on both the 3A Racing Pod and the Injen Hydroshield! Anywhere apart from eBay that I could pick these up and how much am I looking at lol?

Oh, and which model #'s should I be getting? Cheers man! (lol sorry for the multiple questions)

Why bother with the hydro shield srsly?

There's a store in Nunawading that sells 3A Racing pods and the pod cleaning/oil kit. It's called Australian Auto Accessories, 17 Moncrief Road, Nunawading. If you are going to go sometime during the week, could you please let me know via PM? Cheers. :P

Hydroshield, we just bought it from Ebay, can't remember who..

Why bother with the hydro shield srsly?

Will, it's up to the individual and if they want to take a bit of precaution. Have you seen someone hydrolock? Not a good site and not good for your wallet. In the end, it does not hurt to play safe and have one. :)

There's a store in Nunawading that sells 3A Racing pods and the pod cleaning/oil kit. It's called Australian Auto Accessories, 17 Moncrief Road, Nunawading. If you are going to go sometime during the week, could you please let me know via PM? Cheers. :P

Hydroshield, we just bought it from Ebay, can't remember who..

Ah yes I've heard of that store but never been able to make my way there simply due to working 5 days a week and them not being open on weekends :( But I will PM you IF I ever get time off to go there (I have some time off in lieu that I have to use so may head there one day lol).

Hmm.. can only find the hydroshields from an eBay seller from the states.. was your seller local?

Same, I'm finding it difficult to go as I'm also working 5/6 days and my job is not local. I'll call them today, see if they can arrange something. Yes, we just bought the hydroshields from the states.

Tell them to open on Saturday too! Would make things a whole lot easier for us :D

Hmmm.. Coung had a hydroshield for sale but don't know if it's sold already or not so just sent him a PM. It's about 50$ on eBay compared to 15$ that he's selling it for.

Oh and me being in melb i think it's definitely better to play it safe with a hydroshield, especially after waking up in the middle of the night to that sh!tstorm that just hit.

today's/tonight's weather is a good reason why I would want to opt for a hydroshield on my pod filter.. lol. Almost got soaked by cars running through the hugeass puddles along Clarendon Street! dry.gif

I ended up buying a k&n Precharger for my 3a filter I like having that extra protection and has almost zero impact on performance cost me $30 for rocket I would y a good investment when your cold air is out of the engine bay and behind my bumper gets wet all the time no problems :)

hi mate.

have you tried burson? i saw some for sale last time i was there. this was at the one on Balarat rd sunshine though

hi mate.

have you tried burson? i saw some for sale last time i was there. this was at the one on Balarat rd sunshine though

nah I havent but thanks for the heads up! I think there are a few Burson stores closer to me than Sunshine :) but wouldnt have a clue if they have stock.

okay so i'm pretty ticked off.. I ordered my part on Sunday only to receive a message from the seller this morning saying that the Injen CAI is on backorder (even though his listing says he has heaps in stock).... so I requested a full refund (which he honoured completely) and now I need to order the damn thing AGAIN and wait for longer.. ARGH!

Would anyone happen to know where in Melbourne I could buy one? Like, any Injen resellers here? Or even the CES CAI would make me happy too.

EDIT: Anyone know if Australian Auto @ Nunawading stock any CAI's for the ZRE's?

Gah... I just contacted another seller to guarantee me that he had stock - so he did, and I've put an order through and should be shipped out tomorrow (Friday US time). Ended up costing a little more than how much I paid from the other seller ($340USD as opposed to $300USD). Good thing the previous seller refunded me the full amt back + 5% for inconvenience.

Does the Injen pod come pre-oiled or did you guys have to oil it yourself during the install?

RE: and1

we havn't tried that, we'll give that a go

RE: kenneth

it came pre oiled like theres abit of oil on the pod cap u can see it and feel it.

and thanks for the input!! appreciate it!

Hey guys, I read the manual for the SP2079 online and it says that the pod filter that comes in the box is the X-1014-BB Injen/Web Nano-fiber Dry Air Filter. Is that correct? I'm reading in these forums that it comes pre-oiled, rather than dry.