INJEN CAI installed

hey guys

Speaking of Injen CAI which i just installed few days ago, and yes it was oily lol, gain in high end torque, anyway just wondering if the 3a pod racing will be better than the origninal injen air filter? Since i got a call from australian auto accesories that the 3a racing pods are in stock now. So i am just scratching my head to know would there be noticeable difference from changing the filters?

CHeers guys

Vig

i was wondering if this would fit on my 2006 corolla zze122,

i've asked a few ebay sellers but their never sure if it will fit the australian version of corollas

http://cgi.ebay.com/...#ht_2363wt_1165

yes that should fit,

the diy manual:

http://www.injen.com/galleries/products/71020071406SP2077.pdf

it has the port for the heater hose that was added in the facelift 1zz.

i had the xrs(2zz) version which was a larger diameter (i think) and it fit fine in my facelift 1zz. but i dont know if the larger diameter had any detrimental effects

Hey guys, I'm looking to get a pre-filter for my Injen CAI but wanted to get some suggestions regarding an alternative to the Injen Hydro Shield and wondering which particular one I should get that would fit the pod filter that comes with the Injen SP2079 - the pod filter that comes with it is the X-1014-BB which measures 2.75" opening, 3" inlet, 6" base diameter, 5" height and 5" top diameter.

Looking to purchase something local to make sure I have it when I get the CAI installed (ordering from the states would take longer to get here - my CAI is gonna be here by the end of next week/start of the following week). Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

• 4 months later...

Okay, I know reviving an old thread is bad but...

Today after a week of having my Injen CAI Installed, I get a CEL, mind you I have it with a 3A Racing Pod on...

Johnnie did the installation, and I blame him for nothing...

I'm seriously unsure WTF to do...

Damn that Bright Yellow Light on the top right corner :(

clean MAF

http://www.celicahobby.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/227263/site_id/1#import

if it is still lean, put a hydroshield there to slow down the air flow... or any method you can think of to slow down the suction, or try to put a plastic bag (with holes) to slow down the air flow !!!

Disconnect your battery for 10 minutes, sounds stupid, since I think johnnie does not have CEL after returning to stock

Untill you chip the car at the very end stage of modifications and $$ to chip, you cannot really touch the AF ratio

Edited by ben yip

clean MAF

http://www.celicahob...ite_id/1#import

if it is still lean, put a hydroshield there to slow down the air flow... or any method you can think of to slow down the suction, or try to put a plastic bag (with holes) to slow down the air flow !!!

Disconnect your battery for 10 minutes, sounds stupid, since I think johnnie does not have CEL after returning to stock

Untill you chip the car at the very end stage of modifications and $ to chip, you cannot really touch the AF ratio

Just an update, just flooded my maf inside and out... with MAF cleaner...

I'll do the ECU reset 2moro, as I needed to drive badly all morning today :(

But I think I'll flood my MAF again 2moro, then DC the battery for an hour... then when I get the car started and it's rough idling, i think i'll go hooning in it... To see if my car likes it or hate it...

Other than that, I'm VERY VERY unsure what else to do...

Note: The hydroshield has been on since day one :(

Put hydroshield first to see as well, you got too much suction, so CEL lights come on,

Very last resort is to get your car tuned to readjust the AF ratio, bit $$

This is Unichip shop in Melbourne

APS Automotive Pty Ltd

73 Merrindale Drive, South Croydon VIC 3136 Australia.

Phone +61 3 9761 7244 Fax +61 3 9761 7665

ECU reset will do little as the zre ecus are not programmed to adjust the air fuel ratio with mods. if u do it, it will just go back to where it was before after a bit of a drive. blocking the flow will defeat the purpose of a cold air intake. i guess the reason why people do it is to get more power and to do this u need a larger flow of denser colder air.

those who look into the mod of intake and exhaust will have to look at some gadget to adjust the air fuel ratio. to put more fuel inside so it doesnt become lean. pushing it around lean will risk a piston popping out. but in doing this, be prepared to fork out larger injectors and possibly a larger fuel pump so the stock ones don't crap themselves. dont forget the tuning as well.

i think people should stop modding and think for a second whether they have the time to either live with the headaches or fork out for costly engine repair bills. when u mod, do it right and if a few extra bucks need to be put in, do so altogther rather than risk something expensive for just a bit of noise.

my 2 cents

Well anyway, I just took out the negative lead on my battery... Should be sitting in my drive for at least six hours, which I'm hoping is enough to kill all engine errors --"

And 2moro, as soon as I put it back on, and my engine idles **** face, I'm gonna thrash the piece of crap outta it!

I know it sounds stupid, but have been referred to by "Maccora Motors" - In airport west, my ex employer...

If that doesn't help, then I take it back to them, and well :( out comes the cash...

Well after receiving the CEL light about two days ago, it finally went away...

But I'm not entirely sure how this went away, as today on the Nov 20 Cruise, down to Marysville, all I was doing was pretty much high revving it the entire way through the pass... Hardly touched 4th gear...

Mind you I'm still running 91RON BP... Nothing has changed since I reset the ECU.

But I'm not entirely sure how this went away, as today on the Nov 20 Cruise, down to Marysville, all I was doing was pretty much high revving it the entire way through the pass... Hardly touched 4th gear...

Mind you I'm still running 91RON BP... Nothing has changed since I reset the ECU.

hey ivaz sorry to say but it'll come back, the infamous injen cai is getting to all of us lol. except models 2009 + or chipped like benyips

hey ivaz sorry to say but it'll come back, the infamous injen cai is getting to all of us lol. except models 2009 + or chipped like benyips

b.y. has the luxury of both.. facelift + chipped.

lets hope my injen doesn't bite me in the a$$ anytime soon with CEL.

Humm, well I'm going to Toyota tomorrow, to go buy a 2009+ MAF sensor (I do know it may mess with my cars ECU), but anything to get rid of that engine light...

& Honestly, I'm unsure if changing MAF's to a new version will do anything... I'm assuming the ECU needs to be the newer one...

Humm, well I'm going to Toyota tomorrow, to go buy a 2009+ MAF sensor (I do know it may mess with my cars ECU), but anything to get rid of that engine light...

& Honestly, I'm unsure if changing MAF's to a new version will do anything... I'm assuming the ECU needs to be the newer one...

soo im guessing your cel came back ? :P

soo im guessing your cel came back ? :P

Yes it did, but i'm not getting a Solid CEL light... Like after work today, it was no longer on... & it came back on, while I was driving up Victoria ST, after going to Richmond... But then when I got to work, before I turned teh car off, the CEL light went off?

But when I turned the car back on, the CEL light was on straight away...

Hey Ivaz, which corolla did you install the CAI into?

I want to do the CAI/Custom Exhaust combo and have been reading up about it the last few days.

I was assuming that the INJEN CAI had some issue with the 08 model ZRE's and threw the CEL, however after looking through members threads and other threads, i came up with a little table.

The majority of ZRE owners have not had an issue with it. So im guessing, could it be possible that there was a bad batch of INJEN CAI's?

John, Dwee and Tom, did you guys all purchase the CAI off the same seller at the same time?

Facelift

benyip - ascent - No CEL

itsmehuey - ascent - No CEL

uMmmz - Levin ZR - No CEL

dutchie101 - Levin ZR - No CEL

dwee. - Levin ZR - No CEL (happened once)

shin0bi - Ascent - CEL

johnnieboi -Levin ZR - CEL

justchris - Ascent - No CEL

mastercuong. - Ascent - No CEL

JE-55-EA - Sedan - No CEL

flipsta24 - Levin ZR - No CEL

vs0p - Levin SX - No CEL

Hey Ivaz, which corolla did you install the CAI into?

I want to do the CAI/Custom Exhaust combo and have been reading up about it the last few days.

I was assuming that the INJEN CAI had some issue with the 08 model ZRE's and threw the CEL, however after looking through members threads and other threads, i came up with a little table.

The majority of ZRE owners have not had an issue with it. So im guessing, could it be possible that there was a bad batch of INJEN CAI's?

John, Dwee and Tom, did you guys all purchase the CAI off the same seller at the same time?

Facelift

benyip - ascent - No CEL

shin0bi - Ascent - CEL

flipsta24 - Levin ZR - No CEL

vs0p - Levin SX - No CEL

Yeah it was installed on a 09 Built ZRE (February) so technically still counted as an 08 Corolla...

I bought a 2010 Corolla AF Sensor & gonna install that 2moro...

The guy at LeManz Footscray said, it shouldn't make a difference at all, seeing as it"s exactly the same, only difference is model number --"

But I shall soon find out, after I install it and reset ECU for a whole 12 hours again :)

Yeah, Tom, Johnnie and I got the CAI from the same seller at the same time, but was also the same seller as some of the other boys.

Facelift

benyip - ascent - No CEL

shin0bi - Ascent - CEL

flipsta24 - Levin ZR - CEL (one or two times)

vs0p - Levin SX - No CEL

Yeah it was installed on a 09 Built ZRE (February) so technically still counted as an 08 Corolla...

To know if it's definitely an '08 or '09, does it have VSC and TC standard? If yes, it's an '09 production ZRE; if no, it's an '08.

To know if it's definitely an '08 or '09, does it have VSC and TC standard? If yes, it's an '09 production ZRE; if no, it's an '08.

yEAH IT'S AN '08 then...

just another update, my CEL went off Yesterday night... straight after I put petrol in... didn't hoon to the BP station, drove nice, (i'm kinda thinking in my head, i just wasted 320 bucks on a 2010 AF sensor, as i haven't installed it yet --")it's kinda cool having a light that goes on & off, but another issue my airbag light goes on and off randomly too... I'm suffering a lot of issues all of a sudden... I donnu why :(

But on the bright side, I'm making progress with my car :) Got a plastic cover for my drivers door, and this time went all out with that dynamat... now the door sounds weird... doesn't have that plastic bang noise, sounds more like something that doesn't have life that gets closed, next step is passenger door...

posted by Vaz - Sorry Jeff, forgot to sign out...

edit: you idiot... lol

yeah this is a really big problem. i believe it is something to do with the actual pipe. i noticed that in our stock intake pipe (from throttle body to the box) it has some sort of divider in the pipe and my belief is that cel is coming up because the air coming through is too turbulent that's why there's some kind of 'blocker' so to speak. i know the injen pipe has the 'step down' process but i dont think its stepped down enough for our cars to handle.

my thoughts. could be wrong

Well, all I know now, to turn the Engine Light off, you need to thrash the crap outta the engine...

Because it's been two days now, and I've clocked up just over 350km's since Thursday, and no CEL light no more.. Mind you I still have everything exactly the same, same petrol from almost the same pump, from the same servo... No other mods...

So I now believe that the CEL light is only a TEMP issue...