Suggestions Needed On My Aurion

I have an Aurion SX6 which has already run 83,000KMs and it will be 3 years old on 1st of May.

Now Toyota offers me extended warranty:another 3 years and up to 150,000KMs with the price AUD1,600

Do you think it's worth doing it?

Another question is that how is Aurion devaluated per 1,000Kms?(I'm in Melbourne, Australia)

Thanks heaps for your suggestions.

Edited by Steven-SX6

I got the extended warranty(3 years/150K). IMO, its worth every cent. I rather pay a one off and know that what ever blows up, malfunctions etc will be replaced free of charge.

By the way, don't get ripped off $301 I paid $1299. :ph34r:

Edited by unique

I got the extended warranty(3 years/150K). IMO, its worth every cent. I rather pay a one off and know that what ever blows up, malfunctions etc will be replaced free of charge.

Thanks for so important info.

May I Know who gave you the offer?

I might try with that dealer.

Airport west Toyota :)

edit: sorry mate, I just looked over my receipt, and to be exact, I paid $1295

Edited by unique

Ask for a copy of the policy. Ensure you know exactly what you're paying for.

List the benefits on a separate piece of paper.

Red book ..fwiw..

atx 2009

* Private Price Guide $22,700 - $25,200 minus 10-12k from new

* Trade In Price Guide $18,400 - $20,900

* Average Km 15,000 - 25,000

Price Guide $34,990*

prodigy2009

* Private Price Guide $28,700 - $31,700 minus 8-11k from new

* Trade In Price Guide $23,700 - $26,700

* Average Km 15,000 - 25,000

Price Guide $39,990*

atx 2008

* Private Price Guide$20,900 - $23,400 therefore minus 2k or so in year two.

sx6 2008

* Private Price Guide $24,400 - $27,100

Edited by boxerboy

Red-book is a let-down for people who bought the cars brand new. It hurts so much just thinking how much the car is worth.

Anw, extended warranty is good for people who still gets covered for most parts. If you lowered your height and on aftermarket wheels, i doubt they'll still gonna cover the rattles. Considering the problem arises from the toyota itself as discussed in the forum, it's worth the price. You'll just never know..

Airport west Toyota :)

Appreciate it!

Edited by Steven-SX6

Red-book is a let-down for people who bought the cars brand new. It hurts so much just thinking how much the car is worth.

Anw, extended warranty is good for people who still gets covered for most parts. If you lowered your height and on aftermarket wheels, i doubt they'll still gonna cover the rattles. Considering the problem arises from the toyota itself as discussed in the forum, it's worth the price. You'll just never know..

Now I certainly will buy the extended warranty if I can get it less than 1300AUD

Thanks for your opinion

By the way, don't get ripped off $301 I paid $1299. ph34r.gif

Airport west Toyota smile.gif

Thats really good. I was quoted by Toyota $1500 for /150k and $1300 for 3/100k. Will have to ask dealer and see what they can do.

By the way, don't get ripped off $301 I paid $1299. ph34r.gif

Airport west Toyota smile.gif

Thats really good. I was quoted by Toyota $1500 for /150k and $1300 for 3/100k. Will have to ask dealer and see what they can do.

Good news for everyone, I have asked Airport west and preston toyota.

They both offer 1195 for 3/150K

I'm going to purchase today.

Good luck

Alright all done. $1195 Aurion Touring SE 2007 49000km.

Sorry that I didn't update info on time......

Finally I purchased 3Y/150K with Airport West. $1050

The story is that after I was quoted by 2 dealers($1195)

I called another one which offers me $1260, then I said "offer me $1100, I will come now"

he hesitated a second and agreed with the deal, however I regreted....

So I called Airport West again(he told me to call him when I make the decision), and told him that if he can do it $900.

Unexpectedly, he said "Oh mate cya" and hung off the phone immediately.

At that moment, I was really unhappy to be treated like this. Maybe $900 is ridiculous, but I don't think he should treat me like an idiot.

I called Toyota Customer Care and complained the person and also asked to let him call me back.

What happened next is that he called me and said it's his mobile phone problem. I don't really care about the apology. Anyway, I got one more chance to negotiate with him. Finally, he agreed with 1050AUD.

Hopefully, those people who hesitate on price of extended warranty can see this post:lol:

Edited by Steven-SX6

Haha, looks like I got the most expensive deal! BUT, it is MY fault because I did not bother to haggle. I just agreed with the price and off I was.

What sucks though with the extended warranty is you need to service by the book. I seriously wish I didn't have to because I could have bought all the oils and crap from the dealer parts department and change everything by the book myself <_<

I called another one which offers me $1260, then I said "offer me $1100, I will come now"

So I called Airport West again(he told me to call him when I make the decision), and told him that if he can do it $900.

At that moment, I was really unhappy to be treated like this. Maybe $900 is ridiculous, but I don't think he should treat me like an idiot.

I called Toyota Customer Care and complained the person and also asked to let him call me back.

What happened next is that he called me and said it's his mobile phone problem. I don't really care about the apology. Anyway, I got one more chance to negotiate with him. Finally, he agreed with 1050AUD.

Hopefully, those people who hesitate on price of extended warranty can see this post:lol:

Did you do it all over the phone or did you go down there? I booked my car there on friday to get few warranty issues fixed like squeaks and rattles. :lol:

When it comes to cars... or anything for that matter, not getting the extended warranty is a risk I'm always willing to take.

I guess you just have to weigh up the risks of things breaking vs. what you can save.

I figure, I can save the cost of the extended warranty plus save on servicing costs by doing everything myself, so in the end, if something breaks, I can just buy the part with the money that has been saved and then fix it myself.

When it comes to cars... or anything for that matter, not getting the extended warranty is a risk I'm always willing to take.

I guess you just have to weigh up the risks of things breaking vs. what you can save.

I figure, I can save the cost of the extended warranty plus save on servicing costs by doing everything myself, so in the end, if something breaks, I can just buy the part with the money that has been saved and then fix it myself.

That is true. Very valid point. But as well, not only are you paying for parts, but for the service. Without warranty, its a lot of running around, getting prices, parts, etc.

At least with warranty, its go to the dealer. "Such and such broked, fix it" and off you go without any worry, and even if that thing they fixed decided to stuff up again, its easy to complain and say you didn't fix it probably etc, well you get my point.

For someone like you DJK were you are good at pulling things apart and putting it back together. For you it might turn out cheaper. But for noobs like me, its for that peace of mind etc.

It is definitely worth it (especially for the price Steven get $1050), you never know what's gonna happen (small / big issue) to your car in the next 3yrs. 'not to mention some ppl are not quite good with diy'

Helps with resale value too (or at least easier to sell with warranty still available)

Hi All

Just curious ... how does this extended warranty different from dealer's warranty?

Also, with this toyota extended warranty ... we have to service at Toyota's dealer, like Airport West Toyota, or we can bring to other independent like Ultratune, for e.g.

Cheers

Hi All

Just curious ... how does this extended warranty different from dealer's warranty?

Also, with this toyota extended warranty ... we have to service at Toyota's dealer, like Airport West Toyota, or we can bring to other independent like Ultratune, for e.g.

Cheers

Dealer's warranty is usually given for the first 3 years dated from when you bought ur car from them. Extended warranty gives you the option to prolong that dealer's warranty for another 3 years at an extra cost, which will give you a total of 6 years.

I think some dealer approve outer parties. You should check with them...

Did you do it all over the phone or did you go down there? I booked my car there on friday to get few warranty issues fixed like squeaks and rattles. :lol:

I did it all over the phone, I gave him the credit card info and he mailed me some related documents.

I honestly think extended warranty is a waste of money considering you fork out a K for what exactly?? I don't really get it you still have to ensure you maintain regular service intervals which in reality will avoid any major mechanical issues.

Even better change the oil filters and plugs yourself to me it is all part of the joy of owning and modifying your car the way you want.

Cheers Fiddy

Haha, looks like I got the most expensive deal! BUT, it is MY fault because I did not bother to haggle. I just agreed with the price and off I was.

What sucks though with the extended warranty is you need to service by the book. I seriously wish I didn't have to because I could have bought all the oils and crap from the dealer parts department and change everything by the book myself <_<

Actually, without your information I wouldn't get this low price. I didn't know I can bargain so much before you told me your price. Thanks again.

Maybe we should begin another topic, how much does each service cost for every 15KMs?

Because I just bought my 07 model Aurion 1 month ago and haven't done any service yet. The previous owner told me it cost him $220.

BTW, are you Chinese?