Suggestions Needed On My Aurion

Hi All

Just curious ... how does this extended warranty different from dealer's warranty?

Also, with this toyota extended warranty ... we have to service at Toyota's dealer, like Airport West Toyota, or we can bring to other independent like Ultratune, for e.g.

Cheers

Always buy extended warranty...The extended warranty we're talking in this post is provided by Toyota and we can go any Toyota dealer to fix our car for free except consuming parts such like brake discs, tyres....

Dealer's warranty maybe just something provided by a single dealer, if it's so, don't expect much on it.

Reason is that for extended warranty, every T dealer is happy to serve you because Toyota will pay the bill.

However, for dealer's warranty, every single cost for repairing is from their own pocket so that they don't really want to repair anyting for you.

Haha, looks like I got the most expensive deal! BUT, it is MY fault because I did not bother to haggle. I just agreed with the price and off I was.

What sucks though with the extended warranty is you need to service by the book. I seriously wish I didn't have to because I could have bought all the oils and crap from the dealer parts department and change everything by the book myself <_<

Actually, without your information I wouldn't get this low price. I didn't know I can bargain so much before you told me your price. Thanks again.

Maybe we should begin another topic, how much does each service cost for every 15KMs?

Because I just bought my 07 model Aurion 1 month ago and haven't done any service yet. The previous owner told me it cost him $220.

BTW, are you Chinese?

Yeah, 220 sounds about right for just your average 15K oil change and oil filter change over. BUT, when you come to a service that requires more then an oil change it can cost as much as $350. Like my 60K service is $350 because it also includes brake fluid.

Nah I'm not Chinese/Asian. What makes you think that :blink:

BUT, when you come to a service that requires more then an oil change it can cost as much as $350. Like my 60K service is $350 because it also includes brake fluid.

You think that's bad. Wait till you enquire about your 90,000km service. My first quote was $700. I then proceeded to do it myself for a grand total of $250.

Hi All

Just curious ... how does this extended warranty different from dealer's warranty?

Also, with this toyota extended warranty ... we have to service at Toyota's dealer, like Airport West Toyota, or we can bring to other independent like Ultratune, for e.g.

Cheers

Always buy extended warranty...The extended warranty we're talking in this post is provided by Toyota and we can go any Toyota dealer to fix our car for free except consuming parts such like brake discs, tyres....

Dealer's warranty maybe just something provided by a single dealer, if it's so, don't expect much on it.

Reason is that for extended warranty, every T dealer is happy to serve you because Toyota will pay the bill.

However, for dealer's warranty, every single cost for repairing is from their own pocket so that they don't really want to repair anyting for you.

With Toyota's extended warranty - do we need to service at Toyota dealer only?

Also, is there a limit on the repair cost ... I know dealer's warranty has a max repair cost of $1000 only.

Cheers

Also note if you do purchase Toyota Extended Warranty, you do receive 10% off all servicing, this is applicable at Sydney City Toyota. Anywhere else i do not know.

BUT, when you come to a service that requires more then an oil change it can cost as much as $350. Like my 60K service is $350 because it also includes brake fluid.

You think that's bad. Wait till you enquire about your 90,000km service. My first quote was $700. I then proceeded to do it myself for a grand total of $250.

$700 is a lot. May I know what needs to be changed on 90,000km coz mine is already 8,3000km

thanks

Hi All

Cheers

Also, is there a limit on the repair cost ... I know dealer's warranty has a max repair cost of $1000 only.

Cheers

What Toyota told me is that I need to do service at authorized ***** which I'm not sure if it only means Toyota Dealers.

No limit on the repair cost for genuine toyota extended warranty.....lots ppl told me that dealer's warranty is s**t

Hi All

Cheers

Cheers

What Toyota told me is that I need to do service at authorized ***** which I'm not sure if it only means Toyota Dealers.

No limit on the repair cost for genuine toyota extended warranty.....lots ppl told me that dealer's warranty is s**t

When I went to get this warranty, I asked the guy so many questions I think I ****** him off with all the questions, lol.

You can get the car serviced ANYWHERE BUT it must be a licensed dealer, like ultratune, lubemobile etc so they can stamp the logbook and give you the required paperwork for proof.

Extended warranty is NO different then the factory warranty you get from a new car, it is simply an extension from the warranty.

THOUGH, there is a limit on how much you can get fixed, and its the price of the car.

So for example, if your car is worth $20,000 on the market, thats how much money they will spend fixing the car. But I read that myself in the brochure that was given that outlines the policy etc(The guy never told me this, sneaky!)

And according to what I was told, even if the engine blows up and you are found not at fault, they will throw in a brand new $12,000 engine in for you from warranty.

Which is why servicing by standards of Toyota and according to their policy is crucial. For something like an engine blow up, they would look at your books and car under a microscope.

Edited by unique

$700 is a lot. May I know what needs to be changed on 90,000km coz mine is already 8,3000km

thanks

Look at the 90K service in your logbook. It shows it all there.

Today just gets better and better! :yahoo:

Here goes, I booked my car in for a few warranty jobs on Monday at Airport West Toyota, at the same time I enquired about my 60K service to which the guy said a whopping $350! I then said don't worry about it.

Since I'm taking the car in tomorrow for a few warranty jobs, I decided I might as well get my 60K service done, but this time I did a bit of shopping around.

I called up Anthony Smith Toyota and they said $270(Much better then $350), I then proceeded to call Melbourne City Toyota and they gave me a rip off deal that ****** me off of $380(What the hell are you doing? Pouring gold into the car?)

So armed with the cheapest price given of $270 I called back my dealer at Airport west and told them if they can match or beat $270 lady said okay hold on, let me speak with the manager, she comes back and says we will honour your Toyota Service Advantage even though its 22 days expired. So I'm getting my 60K service for only $120. I'm so **** wrapped its not funny! I was so upset I had to pay $270! So a HUGE thanks to Airport west Toyota!

Even Steven-SX6 got an awesome deal from Airport west for warranty.

So tomorrow I'll be going in for my warranty job and my service of $120. Oil, oil filter, brake fluid and wheel balance. Love it! :clap:

Haha, looks like I got the most expensive deal! BUT, it is MY fault because I did not bother to haggle. I just agreed with the price and off I was.

What sucks though with the extended warranty is you need to service by the book. I seriously wish I didn't have to because I could have bought all the oils and crap from the dealer parts department and change everything by the book myself <_<

Actually, without your information I wouldn't get this low price. I didn't know I can bargain so much before you told me your price. Thanks again.

Maybe we should begin another topic, how much does each service cost for every 15KMs?

Because I just bought my 07 model Aurion 1 month ago and haven't done any service yet. The previous owner told me it cost him $220.

BTW, are you Chinese?

Yeah, 220 sounds about right for just your average 15K oil change and oil filter change over. BUT, when you come to a service that requires more then an oil change it can cost as much as $350. Like my 60K service is $350 because it also includes brake fluid.

Nah I'm not Chinese/Asian. What makes you think that :blink:

I thought only Asian say "haha" when they means LoL

I'm from Shanghai,China BTW

Here goes, I booked my car in for a few warranty jobs on Monday at Airport West Toyota, at the same time I enquired about my 60K service to which the guy said a whopping $350! I then said don't worry about it.

Since I'm taking the car in tomorrow for a few warranty jobs, I decided I might as well get my 60K service done, but this time I did a bit of shopping around.

I called up Anthony Smith Toyota and they said $270(Much better then $350), I then proceeded to call Melbourne City Toyota and they gave me a rip off deal that ****** me off of $380(What the hell are you doing? Pouring gold into the car?)

So armed with the cheapest price given of $270 I called back my dealer at Airport west and told them if they can match or beat $270 lady said okay hold on, let me speak with the manager, she comes back and says we will honour your Toyota Service Advantage even though its 22 days expired. So I'm getting my 60K service for only $120. I'm so **** wrapped its not funny! I was so upset I had to pay $270! So a HUGE thanks to Airport west Toyota!

So tomorrow I'll be going in for my warranty job and my service of $120. Oil, oil filter, brake fluid and wheel balance. Love it! :clap:

Congradulations!

But I still don't understand why Airport West only offered $120 as you just want something under $270.......

I might got it now.

At no additional cost, all new Toyota Passenger, 4WD/SUVs and Commercial vehicles are entitled to a nominated number of low cost standard scheduled services for up to the first three years or 60,000km, whichever occurs first.

I might got it now.

At no additional cost, all new Toyota Passenger, 4WD/SUVs and Commercial vehicles are entitled to a nominated number of low cost standard scheduled services for up to the first three years or 60,000km, whichever occurs first.

Correct, except that first time I called they said No because it expired. But when I called few days later and said I'm going to do my service at another dealer, they agreed to honour my Service Advantage for $120. Very happy, you can read about my day here:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22416&view=findpost&p=389700

Just to give a perspective from a person who has dealt with toyota extended warranties. Toyota Extracare warranty if worth it. If you purchase a new vehicle and purchase the extended warranty then ( out to 5yrs or 150klms ??) it is cheaper for the policy> if you buy the vehicle 2ndhand and purchase the extracare then it will be dearer, the closer your vehicle's factory warranty is to running out the dearer the extended policy will be.

i have dealt with dealer extended warranties and most can be classed as useless, (buy this car and get 3yr omega warranty ,blurb on windscreen ????lol). any major mechanical failure the policy will pay up to $1000 per single claim , wont pay for gaskets on an engine rebuild...

The Extra care policy is in my opinion 90% of factory warranty. You can get an axle seal replacement to a sump reseal. The dealers who sell the policies are monitored to see how many claims are made , not to try and reduce claims but to see they are utilized. in most dealerships if you purchased an extracare warranty elsewhere the service department may not know so you as the owner will need to tell them, the really good service departments will check the rego no to see if there is a policy on that vehicle and then make claims as needed.

as a service department it is good work as you can in some cases get a better labour rate doing extracare repairs than you dealer warranty rate , it is treated as a trade repair not warranty. I've used the extracare avenue in many cases to get the factory to pay for out of warranty repairs where you get a percentage from toyota and extracare pays the difference , the customer is happy as he has not paid for anything and seen a return on his policy.

as far as claiming thru extracare the dealer quotes a repair and gets an authority , it is simple and they aren't a push over at extracare but are very fair.my dealership offer an inspection for free as the warranty is about to expire, this also occurs on extracare policies if known, so if anything is required we can repair it before it runs out. A policy with extracare to my knowledge is transferable , if you bought a car and it has extracare documentation or you purchased from a friend or family member you can pay a small fee to have it transferred to yourself. Now this is to the best of my knowledge and certain things may have changed in the recent past but the extracare policy is the best extended warranty for your vehicle, even if a ford or holden is bought thru a toyota dealership a policy cant be put on those as well.

so being the meat in the sandwich on the firing line where customer satisfaction is paramount i would not hesitate to suggest an extracare policy is worth it , make sure you keep your service history up to date, that is 1 stipulation when making a claim , does the vehicle have a good service history ?.

in closing , i dont work for toyota extracare or get anything out of this , this is my experience. i did purchase a vehicle years ago (vdv10 vienta csx) , it had a policy from the original owner. i was going to the goldcoast for a holiday and decided to service the camry before leaving , changed the auto and diff oils (60000klms) and i found a few pieces of metal in the oil, 5cent piece size. in those days the warranty for 2yrs 50klms.

dropped the auto out and investigated , it was a thrust washer from the spider gears in the diff , completely came apart. put a claim into extracare , and they paid. now that was trouble free motoring on my 3000klm round trip holiday.

cheers Tim

• 4 months later...

Did the crazy ring around for Toyota Extra Care 3 year 150,000K Extended Warranty,,,, started out at $1,720 GASP !!!!

after a lot of ringing around and half a day later ended up getting it for $1,200, found that it really depends on the mood

of the person ( or idiot ) you are talking to.

For those wanting a rough estimate of what their next Service may cost, this site gives a rough min-max figure. You can also see what other vehicles servicing may cost, I used this to help calculate total ownership costs + insurance costs + fuel costs before I bought my vehicle. So some vehicles that may be cheaper up front, may have more expensive servicing costs over their lifetimes, eg. Mazda 3 is more expensive to service than Aurions.

http://www.car-service.com.au/

* Take out the - in between 'car-service'

Edited by Morequick

• 2 weeks later...