Poll: Help me decide on a design

Steven

As some of you may know, I've decided to make my own custom grill for my ZR6 - however being a man of not substantial creativity I could use some input on some (Basic) design's I've come up with.

The idea is to have something that suits a sporty type of look, whilst still being unique to other grills out there. If you have an idea yourself, please do a dodgy paintshop knockup and post it.

post-13080-127199180361_thumb.jpg

post-13080-127199181804_thumb.jpg

post-13080-127199182845_thumb.jpg

post-13080-127199183852_thumb.jpg

post-13080-127199185036_thumb.jpg

none of them look good, imo...

i quite like the look of 51DER's car with the new grill... looks very smooth and clean... :)

I have to agree sorry mate... sleek and clean seems to be the look that works (each to their own though). These designs scream Commodore to me. Sorry!

Hmmm, first two are Pontiac, fourth is a Cadillac, and the last is a Ford/Transformer.

Just buy an American car and be done with it?

Agreed that _none_ of them look right, or good.

The last one is the best, but also the least unique.

I don't agree with everyone else. I think they will all suit ok, but the last one more so because it is a proven design.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the others was "BMW", although I can see where people can see "Pontiac".

I commend your efforts, I just hope you go through with what ever makes you happy> You purchased an Aurion and you want to make it your own. Don't listen to the haters. LOL.

P.S I realise you only had mspaint to work with but you should have drawn the bottom part of the grill in as well.

thanks guys, feedback is really what I'm after here and the designs I posted are basic, but also just my initial ideas - I'm not happy with them myself hence my asking.

One thing to keep in mind is that because the above images are as basic as they are, take them with a grain of salt. True I want to be unique and it's my car, but I value everyone's opinion here.

At this stage I've started work, on a design unlike those above. I'll post up a basic idea later this evening.

Due to my poor ability to picture the actual grill of those creativity, I'd say none. :lol:

Last one seriously looks like a Transformer.. :P.

I got a suggestion, rather than making it like the Lexus type grill, horizontal, make it vertical like the IS250.

Not sayin it'll turn out great, just a new idea.. <_<

Due to my poor ability to picture the actual grill of those creativity, I'd say none. :lol:

Last one seriously looks like a Transformer.. :P.

I got a suggestion, rather than making it like the Lexus type grill, horizontal, make it vertical like the IS250.

Not sayin it'll turn out great, just a new idea.. <_<

The last one was actually based off a Honda :)

Anyway here's the design I've started working on. It's VERY similar to the VIP grill, except with an additional horizontal bar. thoughts? My idea is a bit different from normal VIP grills hence why the custom work from scratch.

post-13080-127200866919_thumb.jpg

Edited by Steven

MM yeah sorry mate but it's just to much like the "limited edition" Pontiac faced Commodore SSV if you want a unique grill you may as well have one that's unquie to all car brands yeah?

Choose wisely...the grille/front and the wheels are a hard decision where cosmetic mods are concerned,get em wrong and it gets noticed for all the wrong reasons,get it right and you should see copycats on the road soon enough. ;)

but in saying all that whats a new or used grille cost if it all goes pear shaped,not that much i'm guessing so no real biggy if you get it wrong.

look forward to seeing what you do. :)

The last one was actually based off a Honda :)

Anyway here's the design I've started working on. It's VERY similar to the VIP grill, except with an additional horizontal bar. thoughts? My idea is a bit different from normal VIP grills hence why the custom work from scratch.

Not so much of a new idea to me.. I was initially thinking of painting the lexus grill all black except for 1 bar, pretty much similar to ur idea.. Still thinking of doing it, just not sure how it'll turn out.. <_<

Edited by VF-X