Best fuel for SPORTIVO

Which PULP would you prefer for your Corolla SPORTIVO engine?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am a newbie to this site and a newbie to my SPORTIVO (1 week old) so I still have plenty of questions about this little pocket rocket.

As most of you Corolla SPORTIVO owners would know, the only recommended petrol type for the vehicle is PULP (Premium Unleaded Petrol). To bring out the best performance and fuel economy from the engine, which is your choice for the most ideal PULP?

If you have other recommendation, please reply.

i usually use BP only because its right across the road from my house and people on these forums have recommended it.

in my previous rolla i always used shell normal unleaded and i found that the BP normal unleaded didn't seem as good.

this time i decided to fill up with optimax and i havn't noticed a difference between it and the BP fuel.

I've now had a couple of tanks of Vortex 98 and my fuel consumption seems slightly improved. But I've used Ultimate for the 6 months prior so will recommend that. The first 6 months I owned the car was running both Wollworths Plus Premium and Mobil Synergy 8000 and noticed a HUGE difference with the Mobil as you would imagine going from 95 Octane to 98 Octane.

Now I would recommend Vortex 98 and BP Ultimate...

swap between Ultimate and Optimax - Depending on what I am doing with the car for that week ;)

Power/responce = Ultimate

smoothness = optimax

Looking forward to Shells new 100 RON though ;) oh baby...bout time

Shell Optimax for me - Dyno results speak for themselved :P

with or without octane booster?

Without smarty pants.....

I am a Corolla fan, almost bought a Sportivo but I got an Accord Euro instead. I have used Synergy 8000, BP Ultimate, Optimax and Vortex 98.

Synergy 8000 = Smooth, but nothing special with regards to fuel consumption (about 9.9L/100km)

BP Ultimate = Smooth, but fuel consumption is high (10.4L/100km)

Optimax = A bit rough, I can feel the engine as I apply throttle. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Good fuel consumption. (9.8L/100km)

Vortex 98 = Smooth, good fuel consumption (8.1L/100km).

I do 30% highway across the harbour tunnel, and 70% city driving in the eastern suburbs.

I use Vortex 98 now.

BP Ultimate does wonders for my levin!!! Optimax lags like it hell... how do other 1zge engine owners feel?

I find the wagon runs best on Ultimate, uses less fuel and just feels a bit smoother, but fuel prices often dictate standard ULP.

My father had a problem with pinging in his Mazda6 at around 27,000kms, having used Optimax exclusively. Mazda told him that Optimax is "a dirty fuel" and his pinging due to excessive carbon build-up. They did a carbo-clean on it and told him to use Ultimate in future, which he has done and he's very happy with it.

Filled with Ultimate this morning, will let you all know how she goes on the highway after travelling to trackday tomorrow...

Cheers

A:)

BP Ultimate does wonders for my levin!!! Optimax lags like it hell... how do other 1zge engine owners feel?

I agree wtih the "lag" feeling there

when I was working at the Shell Refinery, i always pumped with Optimax... I then made the switch to Mobil 8000, there was quite a difference in terms of smoothness

I'm surprised what what you're all saying about BP Ultimate, I'll have to give it a go some time!

I find the wagon runs best on Ultimate, uses less fuel and just feels a bit smoother, but fuel prices often dictate standard ULP.

My father had a problem with pinging in his Mazda6 at around 27,000kms, having used Optimax exclusively. Mazda told him that Optimax is "a dirty fuel" and his pinging due to excessive carbon build-up. They did a carbo-clean on it and told him to use Ultimate in future, which he has done and he's very happy with it.

i noticed that on my last car. it used to run exclusively on optimax and the exhaust tip would be covered in soot every week. then i swapped to ultimate and i only got a couple of spots now and again.

Is that due to the additive Shell puts in their Optimax? Which fuel here actually has NO additives. Does Vortex 98 have octane boosting additives? I know BP's Ultimate hasn't as i was told and they guarantee their fuel quality :P .

i noticed that on my last car. it used to run exclusively on optimax and the exhaust tip would be covered in soot every week. then i swapped to ultimate and i only got a couple of spots now and again.