Aurion Exhaust

You can get any exhaust system you want... it just depends on how much money you have. As it stands, there is no exhaust system currently in production that bolts up from the headers back. You can buy headers separately for around US$699, and then you can get a TRD exhaust setup which bolts from the third cat backwards for around the same price as well, but you will still need to get an exhaust shop to work on the pipes in-between.

Otherwise, you're best bet is to go to an exhaust workshop and speak with them and get them to look at your car. From there, they can make a quote of what they can do.

As for sound, the only real way to know is to find someone who has had work done (all that really goes on is either just a muffler change or muffler change plus resonator removal) and get them to drive it. Otherwise you can just search on YouTube for 'V6 Camry Exhaust' and listen to the varying sounds there. Most of the time though, these are just free revving which sounds completely different to what it sounds like under load.

Also, do a search around the forum here as most of this stuff has been discussed.

You can get any exhaust system you want... it just depends on how much money you have. As it stands, there is no exhaust system currently in production that bolts up from the headers back. You can buy headers separately for around US$699, and then you can get a TRD exhaust setup which bolts from the third cat backwards for around the same price as well, but you will still need to get an exhaust shop to work on the pipes in-between.

Wasn't sure if these headers would fit the Camry/Aurion. Was going to purchase these myself from Monkeywrench racing but the way the one header would sit in between the radiator and engine would interfere with what looks like the air conditioning system. Would have to tap it with an O2 sensor and put the cat converters a little further downstream as well, which would slow them from heating up a bit but that's not such a big deal.

Blackmagic,

You should check out DJKor's TOCAU Aurion FAQ --> FAQ. He has a lot of good information and links in that FAQ. One link I found particularly interesting is how another person who removed the resonators found that is sounded 'raspy', especially going up hills and the drone was bad. Look under the question, " I want to change my exhaust setup. Are there any performance exhausts for the Aurion out there" in the link to the FAQ.

I have a Aurion SX6, love the performance but the car needs a more sporty sound. firstly can you get a full performance Exhaust system. secondly what does it sound like?

I second that, i went into Liverpool exhaust today in Sydney and they quoted me $1000 for 2 Varex's ($500 each) and an additional $400 for a 3.5 inch pipe after the mufflers and an extra $1500 is i wanted headers. At the moment im not looking at headers but i may go for that 3.5 inch performance setup but are the Varex prices reasonable or overpriced, i don't mind paying that much i just don't want to get ripped off?

If it's a thousand including installations, that doesnt sound too bad. Yea, Ebay is your best bet, but have to consider postage cost, unless it's possible to do pick ups.

That FMW Headers for the 2GR-FE. How do you think those would go over the stock ones we have in our engine bays now? Also it seems those headers don't have the sensors that our stock one has either so it would be pretty painful to try get working for us wouldn't it?

That FMW Headers for the 2GR-FE. How do you think those would go over the stock ones we have in our engine bays now? Also it seems those headers don't have the sensors that our stock one has either so it would be pretty painful to try get working for us wouldn't it?

Chris (00UCH) tried fitting them. They fit fine AFAIK, however as mentioned, the sensor issue comes into play. Because of the way the headers sit, you have to drop the cats that are on each side. Now unless you can put this further down the line and mount the sensors like they should be (one before and one after the cat), then you are going to have to find a way to trick the ECU into thinking everything is fine.

i paid $300-$350 for my varex... check on ebay... thats where i bought mine from...

If it's a thousand including installations, that doesnt sound too bad. Yea, Ebay is your best bet, but have to consider postage cost, unless it's possible to do pick ups.

Cheers, thanks!

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Forgive me I do to know all that much about exhaust systems, but I had been told, if you increase the flow to much then it has the opposite effect and you loose power...

...now I don't know if this is true but it's what I've been told.

Now I'm not looking for a massive loud exhaust, I would just like it to be a little bit beefier, a bit more manly.

So... Could you just put the "Varex" type muffler on the end?

From my understanding, you can adjust the flow so as to make it louder or quieter.

If somebody could help explain how to get the best out of your exhaust would be a great help.

Thanks