Petrol Type ZR6

msmani

heyyy everyone,

my new AURION ZR6 has arrived. ill put some pics up soon. but just wanted to clarify something. im sure this has been asked before. but whats the best petrol to use in the car, ofcourse not 91 unleaded, but 95 or 98? I was thinking 95?

Cheers,

Mani

heyyy everyone,

my new AURION ZR6 has arrived. ill put some pics up soon. but just wanted to clarify something. im sure this has been asked before. but whats the best petrol to use in the car, ofcourse not 91 unleaded, but 95 or 98? I was thinking 95?

Cheers,

Mani

Hey, welcome.

If you use the 'search' function, you'll dig up this Info in more detail if you're curious. Try to use that from time to time to help you with questions. If nil, you can always ask them here.

To answer your question, Yes. You can use either 95/98. You can even use E10 if you want.

mate if you want to get the best out of your aurion everytime to sit in it use nothing but 98. But depends on the size of your wallet though :)

I use nothing but 98 but the aurion is my hobby so I don't mind :)

happy driving!!!!

mate if you want to get the best out of your aurion everytime to sit in it use nothing but 98. But depends on the size of your wallet though :)

I use nothing but 98 but the aurion is my hobby so I don't mind :)

happy driving!!!!

Size of your wallet? Come on its only 1.35 a litre from BP98. Thats nothing, when I went overseas the country I was in, 91 was $3.85 a litre and LPG was $1.68. They pay more for LPG then we do for 98. Ever since seeing those prices and coming back here, petrol looks like its free. :lol:

I can't remember where the study was done..might have been a RACV thing...but they compared the 3 usual ron's over multiple tanks/a few 1000ks/variable conditions.

The results showed that all 3 worked ok (knock sensors help) but importantly, the cost differential was minimal as the engine uses the expensive stuff more efficiently....or something along those lines.

importantly, the cost differential was minimal as the engine uses the expensive stuff more efficiently....or something along those lines.

Boxerboy is on the money, $/km, the're pretty well pound for pound with one another.

I found with my last vehicle(that was designed with a min octane rating of 95), that it's easy to fall into the trap of thinking that economy of premium wasn't all that great, but in fact I found that it was my driving style that adapted with the use of premium, ie I liked the additional 8kw and tended to use it more :rolleyes:

The big advantage is the additional cleaners that are in Premium.

If switching from regular to premium, don't expect to see full effect of either power or efficiency for at least 3-4 tanks, ecu has to adapt to the increase in octane and make the necessary adjustments.

moggillsx6, on 12 June 2010 - 05:35 PM, said:

mate if you want to get the best out of your aurion everytime to sit in it use nothing but 98. But depends on the size of your wallet though

I use nothing but 98 but the aurion is my hobby so I don't mind

happy driving!!!!

Size of your wallet? Come on its only 1.35 a litre from BP98. Thats nothing, when I went overseas the country I was in, 91 was $3.85 a litre and LPG was $1.68. They pay more for LPG then we do for 98. Ever since seeing those prices and coming back here, petrol looks like its free.

$1.35 for BP Ultimate 98?!!!!! are you for real? Were paying that for normal 91 in Tas and 95 is around $1.44 -$ 1.46 and 98 is like $1.55!

We went for our cruise yesterday and we filled up in a mining town and i was too scared to look at much it was a litre, just filled it up till it stopped and paid the bill :S

Has to be said the fuel economy was pretty impressive, after 700kms of Tasmanian back roads the L/100 for Chris's car (Paradigm) and mine was 10.1 and 9.5 respectively or an average between the 2 cars of 9.8! Pretty good!

heyyy everyone,

Cheers,

Mani

Hi msmani, you do realise that the 200kw produced is achieved using 91 regular unleaded,and 204kw is produced using 95 octane. I personally use nothing but 95 octane as the difference in economy more than makes up for it.As VF-X stated the aurion is more than happy/capable to run on E10 with no repercussions on the engine,fuel system, in fact we find using United 95 E10 the beast absolutely hauls **** pulling hills,and it has so much more go,there is no pinging,it idles beautifully.

There is a big misconception that E10 is no good,but overseas they use E85 (85% ethanol) they have no other alternative. So if the 2GR-FE / 1GR-FE can survive on that over there, say no more

Edited by CONROD

Filled the tank up with E10 the other night by accident because it was late and I didn't read the pump properly. So far no complaints. There really isn't anything wrong with E10 in new model vehicles, all that scare a fair years back was just the usual fear reaction you get when anything new is introduced.

That being said, I normally prefer 95-premium but filling up on a friday evening even just the E10 made me baulk at the prices.

Have used the E10 myself but having done the run Brissy to Syd a couple of times trying out each I have found the car does way better on the 91 at least. It does do a little better on the pulp but not enough to make up for the cost difference. Costs me more to use the E10 than I save in the price difference between that and the 91.

Edited by SirNed

mate if you want to get the best out of your aurion everytime to sit in it use nothing but 98. But depends on the size of your wallet though

happy driving!!!!

Size of your wallet? Come on its only 1.35 a litre from BP98. Thats nothing, when I went overseas the country I was in, 91 was $3.85 a litre and LPG was $1.68. They pay more for LPG then we do for 98. Ever since seeing those prices and coming back here, petrol looks like its free.

$1.35 for BP Ultimate 98?!!!!! are you for real? Were paying that for normal 91 in Tas and 95 is around $1.44 -$ 1.46 and 98 is like $1.55!

lol, you poor thing :P. Yeah it was 1.35 when I filled up few days ago. Best of all that this BP is like 3 years old which means brand new underground tanks(less contaminants) and the BP is very very busy so fresh batches of fuel always get delivered. Win win! :yahoo:

Only the best for the Aurion :toast:

The cheapest i can get Shell V-power(98) is $1.22 after discounts. Shell are apparently have an extra discount this month. Spend $5 or more and save 6c per litre. So in total i saved 10c per litre but it you will only benefit the discount if you refuel around 55L+

I tried E10 in my previous car, a Landrover Discovery 3, and experienced 10% worse fuel economy than I got with normal unleaded - when you consider that its only about 2.5% cheaper it didn't make much sense to me. Personally normal unleaded seems to do the trick as I dont use the full 200KW very often :)

unique

Adamsy, on 13 June 2010 - 10:28 PM, said:

happy driving!!!!

lol, you poor thing . Yeah it was 1.35 when I filled up few days ago. Best of all that this BP is like 3 years old which means brand new underground tanks(less contaminants) and the BP is very very busy so fresh batches of fuel always get delivered. Win win!

Only the best for the Aurion

2007 Aurion Prodigy | Current Mods: Slimline weather shields, rear spoiler, darkest legal tints, Aurion floor mats & metallic paint | Future mods: Ultra Racing rear sway bar & new sound system.

lol, you poor thing . Yeah it was 1.35 when I filled up few days ago. Best of all that this BP is like 3 years old which means brand new underground tanks(less contaminants) and the BP is very very busy so fresh batches of fuel always get delivered. Win win!

2007 Aurion Prodigy | Current Mods: Slimline weather shields, rear spoiler, darkest legal tints, Aurion floor mats & metallic paint | Future mods: Ultra Racing rear sway bar & new sound system.

haha have i mentioned i hate you right about now lol ;) $1.35 for 98 f@rk you lol :P

unique

Adamsy, on 13 June 2010 - 10:28 PM, said:

happy driving!!!!

haha have i mentioned i hate you right about now lol ;) $1.35 for 98 f@rk you lol :P

Haha, I hope it stays like that. It fluctuations a lot :(