Bruster's ZR6

Bruster

Hi everyone,

this has been a longtime coming but its been a while since i had some time to take photos and wash the car.

I have been in the forums for a longtime but more active recently reading and posting.

I've always loved cars but never been a heavy modifier of cars, last year i decided to upgrade my wheels for my Rav4 only to find out

they sold me the wrong tyres with wrong loading...yes it was one of the tyre centres along Princes Hwy between Rockdale and Tempe.

Since then i have taken an active role in researching everything and not do things on the spot without thinking.

Anyways Feb 2010 i bought this Demo ZR6 model and i am extremely happy with it.

After reading the forums first thing i did was Install GPS/DVD player from Ebay...best $370 i ever spent.

And most recently i installed the dvd players on the headrest...this one was more tricky and time consuming but worth it.

I also installed a switch in the middle console where i can turn off the headrest dvd player if the little falls a sleep or decides to chuck a tantrum..

Next thing on the list is to get 19inch wheels but i need to offload some old wheels that still in the garage before i purchase another set.

and of course lowering the car but this step im confused with what will happen with insurance, warranty and ride quality.

here are some photos

post-368-128005984314_thumb.jpg

post-368-128005987084_thumb.jpg

post-368-128005989842_thumb.jpg

post-368-128005992687_thumb.jpg

post-368-128005994747_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bruster

Looking good mate. Nice to see you have a helping hand with cleaning :lol:

Like those headrest monitors as well how they have the cover for them. Also never realised the Sportivo leather seats were designed like that (as in the raised bit either side of the headrest). That was something I noticed on the TRD and thought only those seats had.

Edit: Disregard my last comment. I had forgotten what my Sportivo looked like... just in cloth.

Looking good mate. Nice to see you have a helping hand with cleaning :lol:

Like those headrest monitors as well how they have the cover for them. Also never realised the Sportivo leather seats were designed like that (as in the raised bit either side of the headrest). That was something I noticed on the TRD and thought only those seats had.

Edit: Disregard my last comment. I had forgotten what my Sportivo looked like... just in cloth.

Thanks mate, yeah little one doesnt leave me alone...its a must when i do wash the car

Sunday is the only full day together...he loves it.

yes i was worrried about the seats...but they seem to sit nicely.

hardly notice it really, the covers are great and nobody knows there is dvd players in there.

• 1 month later...

Hi again,

i have finally sold my old wheels and have managed to get an unbelievable deal on a set of Advanti Gauntlet 19 inch.

Now need your help, should i go White or Black.... most people here at work tend to go with the white but black seems to be the in thing. my Aurion is a Tungsten Colour.

here are the wheels im talking about

post-368-128468843057_thumb.jpg

post-368-128468844679_thumb.gif

That is one clean ride... Needs lowering and the slimline windshield.

lowering for sure, im going to try and sneak that pass the wife during xmas.

hopefully as a xmas gift...

and window tinting...

my wish list growing by the minute.

That is one clean ride... Needs lowering and the slimline windshield.

lowering for sure, im going to try and sneak that pass the wife during xmas.

hopefully as a xmas gift...

and window tinting...

my wish list growing by the minute.

It'll grow by the second if you see some hot aurions on the web.. I'm one of those victims.. Still going strong.. LoL

• 5 months later...

Looking good, the wheels really do suit it :D I love window tinting, looks great and its practical too :clap: What's next on the list?

It'll grow by the second if you see some hot aurions on the web.. I'm one of those victims.. Still going strong.. LoL

+1.. :lol: looking good; keep it up mate!

Looking good, the wheels really do suit it :D I love window tinting, looks great and its practical too :clap: What's next on the list?

Well lowering it should be next but im concerned with the ride quality and scrapping in the driveway.

im quite happy with the look so far, maybe HID kit next... cheap mod...

That is true - plus HID's look good too :D

Driveway is the main thing preventing me from lowering, until the council fix it the car's gotta stay at stock height otherwise there'd be no way of getting in or out :(

Well lowering it should be next but im concerned with the ride quality and scrapping in the driveway.

If you wanna lower it and concerned about scrapping, here's a win win. Fix the driveway! :toast:

If you wanna lower it and concerned about scrapping, here's a win win. Fix the driveway! :toast:

i wish it was that simple, unfortunately its council area

i even looked into getting little metal ramps but can not find it anywhere.

i also experimented with a large piece of wood but apparently i can not put anything there that

blocks the storm water from flowing....according to my neighbour...im sure it was a hint not to do it when

he approached me.

the only other option is coilovers because i can adjust the height but that has to wait until warranty runs out.

Edited by Bruster