Aurion Fuel Help

Anarcher217

If you have questions from now on look here first then ask questions if it isn't there.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19545

You can use E10 but you will use more fuel. IMO i prefer to use 95 or 98 octane petrol.

With Shell V-Power petrol i my fuel ecc is 10.3L/100km and this is 95% city and 5% freeway. This is reving up to 3k RPM.

Currently i'm trying reving at 4k RPM and seeing if there is any difference.

Have you ever fuelled up your Aurion before?

Next time you open the fuel tank cover, come back here and post what the sticker says behind the fuel filler door.

All the caltex service stations down here are dropping 95 premium and putting in 98 premium.

yeah there doing the same up this end of the state too with the making the switch to 98 premium, still a bit hesitant to use it though, seems to be a dodgy Caltex servo tend to here a few dodgy stories about it so I’m happy to stay with BP ultimate, It's a mates parents servo so i know its always busy and fuel gets refilled regularly and they keep diesel 91, 95 Premium and 98 Ultimate so can always go back to 95 if ultimate gets to a stupid price again.

I know it is unheard of, but the owners manual contains information on the subject.

Anyway, I'm sticking with 98 (I did some testing that showed 95 as the best $/km, with 98 only marginally behind, whilst 91 was the most expensive per km. I have not used E10 because, in my humble opinion, it's the devil).

Just reinforcing what everyone else has said...

E10 is "suitable" for the car but you will take a noticeable performance hit and you will get less Ks per fill.

In my experience while using E10, the ECU retards something and makes the engine less responsive and creates a slight dull pinging noise while idling or after a squirt.

Just reinforcing what everyone else has said...

E10 is "suitable" for the car but you will take a noticeable performance hit and you will get less Ks per fill.

In my experience while using E10, the ECU retards something and makes the engine less responsive and creates a slight dull pinging noise while idling or after a squirt.

your correct. tests have proven 98 octane fuel lowers emitions, and fuel consumtion based on energy needs/loads on motor per km.. havin said that... depends on what you motor is tuned for.