Brake Caplier Cover "Brembo Style"

ameamr

Evening,

i found these and it is interesting

http://www.carmate.com.au/product_details.php?productid=TOYAUR06KSRB

have any one tried those??

which size would fit the front and rear??

thanks

I don't want to be rude, but I can guarantee that this is what everyone that reads your post is going to think:

di-1312823987165.jpg

Edit: You could have saved yourself from now looking silly by doing a search.

Fake Brembo Brakes

wouldnt be easier for you to answer if u know... rather than being sarcastic :blink:

What type of answer were you expecting? Were you expecting to hear that people who actually have a sense of modding have actually fitted them to their brakes and obtained more 'street cred' by fooling others into thinking they have Brembo brakes?

Personally, the answer I gave is what the question deserves. It's like going onto a bodybuilding forum asking how to do spray on abs because you can't be bothered to get a real set.

And in answering your question, it was actually easier to put up the facepalm pic and make the post I did than it was to give a proper answer because in all honesty if I was to give my real answer, well... I don't want to go there.

To be a little constructive and more positive i would suggest you consider painting the calipers a colour of your choice. It will look just as effective without the cheap factor.

This product falls under the same category as Fake blow off valves, Pretend CF panels/bonnets, and bonnet scoops (on unmodded engines).

They're ricey to the extreme, and only serve to cheapen your ride by making it look like a rolling joke. I have no qualms with people dressing up their car with body kits and big wheels because ultimately they can look pretty good even if the car doesn't have much go. However the sole purpose of these "ultra-ricey" mods is to pretend the car is fast etc.

Like we normally say around here, it's your car and you should mod it however you like. However if you stuck these on, be prepared to cop some flack.

... btw the way they're from carmate so they'll probably melt or catch fire within a few days anyhow.

I would have to say that this is the best type of rice ever made. Not only does it make the person think their brakes are going to stop better, it'll keep those awesome fully hektic stock racing pads up to temp by trapping the heat.

I would have to say that this is the best type of rice ever made. Not only does it make the person think their brakes are going to stop better, it'll keep those awesome fully hektic stock racing pads up to temp by trapping the heat.

Well I am glad I am not the only one who feels the same way.

How do you feel about the R-style headers + ECU mods?

No, No, ...erm, No, No NO nO, in addition to being tacky, they actually impede ventilation and cooling of the brakes..

Use these instead..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-Toyota-Camry-11-Ksport-Front-Big-Brake-Kit-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ170503583717QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

or buy some 2nd hand Brembo Calipers and get someone like vsport to machine brackets and calipers..

At least those won't melt under the heat from braking..

Hmm why does that big brake kit use 11in rotors? Thats not that much bigger than stock is it? Mine is 13 inches...

(waits for someone to take it out of context) *looks at mick*

Hmm why does that big brake kit use 11in rotors? Thats not that much bigger than stock is it? Mine is 13 inches...

Well at least you don't fall into the normal Asian stereotype.

Singapore Noodle FTL.

I was firstly going to say the following:

- If I still had my Sportivo, that 6-pot brake upgrade looks tempting...only thing is that I don't think I would personally trust the 'K Sport' name on it. When dealing with something that is meant to stop a 1.6 tonne mass, I would certainly want something I could trust.

Then I looked again at the product and have the following to say:

- I don't really think I would call this kit an improvement. Sure it is a 6-pot calliper, but the stock Aurion rotors are already 11.65 inches, so if you got this kit, you would be decreasing your rotor size.

Damn. The TRD is only 12.8 inches.

As someone said earlier, your best option would be paint the calipers rather then putting these on.

Andrew painted his Calipers and they look great... :)

You obviously want the Brembo brand for looks, so different story.......

I actually think they would go well with the ECU and those headers from R-Style.

thanks u r so hilarious :D

To be a little constructive and more positive i would suggest you consider painting the calipers a colour of your choice. It will look just as effective without the cheap factor.

yes thats what i thought of i aint lookin for the brand just the color and size.. :)

If you paint the brakes and car red it performs better. :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

You might as well spray paint your engine red for an extra 10kw.

very funny :lol:

This product falls under the same category as Fake blow off valves, Pretend CF panels/bonnets, and bonnet scoops (on unmodded engines).

They're ricey to the extreme, and only serve to cheapen your ride by making it look like a rolling joke. I have no qualms with people dressing up their car with body kits and big wheels because ultimately they can look pretty good even if the car doesn't have much go. However the sole purpose of these "ultra-ricey" mods is to pretend the car is fast etc.

Like we normally say around here, it's your car and you should mod it however you like. However if you stuck these on, be prepared to cop some flack.

... btw the way they're from carmate so they'll probably melt or catch fire within a few days anyhow.

thanks thats what every one said "gonna melt"

im not sure how this make you feel a better braking... it looks nice thats just about it,, but i overlooked the heating issue you are right

No, No, ...erm, No, No NO nO, in addition to being tacky, they actually impede ventilation and cooling of the brakes..

Use these instead..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-Toyota-Camry-11-Ksport-Front-Big-Brake-Kit-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ170503583717QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

or buy some 2nd hand Brembo Calipers and get someone like vsport to machine brackets and calipers..

At least those won't melt under the heat from braking..

yep tro will consider your advice thanks alot

As someone said earlier, your best option would be paint the calipers rather then putting these on.

Andrew painted his Calipers and they look great... :)

You obviously want the Brembo brand for looks, so different story.......

no it is not about the brand.. will check if paitning will worth the efforts thanks :)

Edited by ameamr

To be fair, the brakes on the Aurion are very good (I'm using the rotors + calipers off an Aurion).

Get your hands on some slotted rotors + better pad and you'll notice a big improvement with your braking.

size matter man, women love the 13 in rotor.

Its only an example - obviously you wouldn't get rotors that are smaller than stock.

The only thing I'll say around these type of brakes is that - don't under estimate them - sure they're not your bling bling Brembo, AP Racing etc,

but these made in Taiwan stuff do have a fair bit of research and I am aware of a number of manufacturers outsourcing to Taiwanese companies though they won't admit it.

I was firstly going to say the following:

- If I still had my Sportivo, that 6-pot brake upgrade looks tempting...only thing is that I don't think I would personally trust the 'K Sport' name on it. When dealing with something that is meant to stop a 1.6 tonne mass, I would certainly want something I could trust.

Then I looked again at the product and have the following to say:

- I don't really think I would call this kit an improvement. Sure it is a 6-pot calliper, but the stock Aurion rotors are already 11.65 inches, so if you got this kit, you would be decreasing your rotor size.

Damn. The TRD is only 12.8 inches.

If you want to paint it the lazy way, then you can leave the caliper on, mask and cover the surrounding area, clean and lightly sand the calipers, spray on the undercoat, then your colour of choice in whatever finish (Gloss, Metallic, etc) and then you can either leave it like that or put clearcoat ;)

To be fair, the brakes on the Aurion are very good (I'm using the rotors + calipers off an Aurion).

Get your hands on some slotted rotors + better pad and you'll notice a big improvement with your braking.

They are pretty good under street conditions, especially with uprated Pads and rotors - but if you're tracking, they're probably not that adequate given the weight of the Aurion:

BrakePads.jpg

Now I want to be clear - this extreme and on the track, not just everyday driving...

They are pretty good under street conditions, especially with uprated Pads and rotors - but if you're tracking, they're probably not that adequate given the weight of the Aurion:

Now I want to be clear - this extreme and on the track, not just everyday driving...

I found the combination of slotted DBA 4000's and QFM HPX pads to hold up quite well on the track and they went cooked or anything after heavy use at a track day.

To give more clarification, this is what Andrew is using as well... not the stock Aurion pads and rotors. I would have to say that the stock Aurion rotors and pads are shockingly bad when given a good hard run... but what do you expect realistically. Give them a few (and then several more) mountain runs, and you will end up with something like this:

DSC04150.JPG