Installed CAI

Glad to hear another happy TRD CAI owner is here. Now for that LSD ;)

Hey Sads,

you up for an LSD group buy?

DON'T TEMPT ME LIKE THIS WHEN I'VE ALREADY GOT SOOOO MANY OTHER THINGS I'M SAVING FOR... :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

You guys are bad for my bank balance, well good for a while, but those mass withdrawls hurt... :(

So i guess you dont want to know that it's the best MOD i have made so far.....

Ok... i wont tell you then... ;)

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T TELL ME THAT!!!!!

lalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

not listening

lalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

I really want it for track days and is next on my list after rims/tyres, CAI and exhaust, but is looking like it's a year away at best.

If you want it specifically for track days, IMHO it will make more of a difference to your track times than the CAi and exhaust....

But you arent listening anyway... he he

so how much is a LSD for the sportivo corrolas anyways

just the general price cus i may be interested in jioning your group buy when it comes round

so how much is a LSD for the sportivo corrolas anyways

just the general price cus i may be interested in jioning your group buy when it comes round

I paid about $1200 landed, plus about $1000 to fit.

Not a cheap ugrade, but definitely the best! B)

gees why so much is it cus its harder in a front wheel driven car

cus my old ute i could get a full brand new diff LSD( well pretty much lock but he couldt sell it as lock cus there ilegal or something) with changed ratios all fitted ready to go

for i think it was $1200 but it also help i got it a bit cheaper due to past work with him and im sorta mates with him now

well, I've seen how and where the LSD is located for the 2zz, and damn that looks like a tough work to me.

I got it installed at my local Toyota Dealer and they had to replace a few parts that they said often get broken when installing the LSD. They then replaced the parts under warranty....

Long job, pulling apart the transmission, etc

I love my toyota dealer!

well, I've seen how and where the LSD is located for the 2zz, and damn that looks like a tough work to me.

I got it installed at my local Toyota Dealer and they had to replace a few parts that they said often get broken when installing the LSD. They then replaced the parts under warranty....

Long job, pulling apart the transmission, etc

I love my toyota dealer!

They probably included the cost of the broken parts in your quote :P :ph34r:

$1K is fairly expensive for the installation but toyota service is not known to be cheap in the first place with their standard labour rate. I've seen gearbox shops charge between $300 and 600 for the same job with warranty. That does not include removing the box from the car and re-installing though :s

For anyone interested in seeing what's involved in pulling apart a corolla box, have a look at Carl's great guide here: http://www.ae92gts.com/ae92gts_trans_rb_1.html

The 5-speed he rebuilt and installed the LSD into there is extremely similar to the sportivo 6-speed with regards to dissasembly etc.

this is definitly another upgrade on the list...... But man i need to keep away from u guys as its really causing for my wallet to feel light and my bank balance is affected as well :P :P :P :P :P

this is definitly another upgrade on the list...... But man i need to keep away from u guys as its really causing for my wallet to feel light and my bank balance is affected as well  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P

No you dont Bill you LOVE IT...otherwise you would be here!!

IMHO, it's only woth doing the LSD if you are changing the clutch +/- flywheel at the same time to save on labour.  But gees I want to do it....

You could also look at the C-ONE shortened gear-ratios while you're at it too :D

When in Rome...

IMHO, it's only woth doing the LSD if you are changing the clutch +/- flywheel at the same time to save on labour.  But gees I want to do it....

You could also look at the C-ONE shortened gear-ratios while you're at it too :D

When in Rome...

Any idea Dylan what the gear ratio's will be once the C-One is installed ?

i could go and find it myself but maybe u know off the top of ur head ;) ;)

When in Rome...

I have a Best Motoring vid that has the C-One Celica and it had 3rd-5th gear ratios shortened. I wonder why they didn't do 1st to 3rd instead.

When in Rome...

Sorry Bill, no idea, I stole the idea from Zee anyway ;) :P

When in Rome...

Sorry Bill, no idea, I stole the idea from Zee anyway ;) :P

:o :P :D