NSW- Rego increases

Anyone else have rego due soon and have been feeling postal about it?

I am over 25 and for the first time since I started driving 8 years ago my rego/ctp is over $1000.

Who else is sick of NSW RTA? Seriously tho, what do they spend this money on? Because every time I jump in my car I am for ever dodging pot holes all over.

Does anyone know of a Rego/Pot Hole complaint site/line? Or at the very least a punching bag that I can smash a chair over?

Edited by Hidden Taco (HT)

Funny you mentioned this. I just received my rego renewal in the mail. I thought something was sus so I went to get my last renewal notice to confirm my suspicions.

Turns out I was right in suspecting something different.... it is cheaper. Registration itself has gone up $10, but the CTP has dropped by $30, so an overall saving of $20.

$788 for a year registration. Seems okay by me.

At least that's one good thing I like about QLD. It always seems like they are working to improve the roads here. And even when you come across a crappy road or one which doesn't have the infrastructure to support the traffic, you just have to think about how much better we have it than Sydney :lol:

Vic is about $650 give or take and that includes everything. No need for separate insurens thing called ctp what ever that is. Nsw has it bad! High rego and you guys like need a new roady every year or something yeah? That must suck. Never need a roady in Victoria. Just once when you buy the car and never again. Lol.

-written from iPhone.

Edit: I've got it the best though. We only pay $300 for a year rego :P

Edited by unique

Brisbane traffic is getting to Syd level slowly but surely...!!!

PITA during from Sunnybank's Mains Road to M3 or Warrigal Road to M3... just one bad accident or train crossing away from traffic jam pile up...!!!

And you Victorians saying how cheap your rego is... how much are you paying for insurance?

Registration Fee, Transport Accident Charge(TAC), Insurance Duty is ALL included when you pay for your rego. So you don't need to get anything separate. I just calculated it online and yearly rego in Victoria is $624.10 for full paying customers, it's $530.40 for health care card holders and $312.05 for pensioner card holders(what a bargain) :P

Sure beats Hidden Taco's $1000 rego, lol.

Edit: If you meant insurance as in a full separate insurance for like car accidents, it's not compulsory so you don't need it. But you would have to be a complete idiot not to :P. I'm on full insurance but no clue how much I'm paying. I think its like $900 or something but I could be totally wrong :blink:

Poor people in NSW always have to run around getting quotes for rego and have to frequently get a roady. So glad it's not like that here.

Edited by unique

Anyone else have rego due soon and have been feeling postal about it?

I am over 25 and for the first time since I started driving 8 years ago my rego/ctp is over $1000.

Who else is sick of NSW RTA? Seriously tho, what do they spend this money on? Because every time I jump in my car I am for ever dodging pot holes all over.

Does anyone know of a Rego/Pot Hole complaint site/line? Or at the very least a punching bag that I can smash a chair over?

Yea.. Rego is expiring in like a month.. And yea... It's always around 1k.. Sick of RTA with the upgraded speed + red light cameras and sh*t. We'll see how much I'm gonna pay for this renewal.. :s

And do smash a chair to your Aurion, you won't need to pay any rego the year after that. ;) :lol:

Dont get me started on Comprehensive Insurance.. :(

If you are not happy write to your local member and demand a response.

If you know other people are unhappy you should have them do the same.

If enough people do this and demand a response, hopefully the govt. will re think the cash grab.

If you are not happy write to your local member and demand a response.

If you know other people are unhappy you should have them do the same.

If enough people do this and demand a response, hopefully the govt. will re think the cash grab.

That is good advice! I'm going to do that.

I had a nightmare last night where I didnt pay my rego and they took my car from me. LOL