Aurion Keyless Remote Question

crucho

Have been looking through the forum trying to find out some info on the keyless remote for my 2007 Aurion. Can anyone tell me if the American Camry Key/Remote all in one key can be programed to work on an Oz Aurion? It would be great to just have the one thing hang'n off the key ring.

Edited by crucho

That is a very good question. I have even wondered that myself since I though the same thing about keeping the key simple.

If I were to guess, I would say yes... seeing that the Smart Entry shares the same frequency set both in the States and in Australia. But that's my guess though. If you could obtain an American key/remote combo cheap enough, I don't see much harm in trying.

• 2 weeks later...

The answer is Yes and No.

You could get the key&transponder easily from the states but the issue is that locksmith stores wouldn't do that for you.

It is because of thier policy that not to program non-Genuine transponders.

They dont wanna gaurantee if the non-Geunine transponder causing any problems after programming so they simply don't program it for you.

I tried to get a better keyless remote for my girl's 08 Civic but 5 locksmiths stores I've tried rejected to program the transponder because they didn't want to take the risk.

Although, the new keyless remote I purchased was Honda Genuine(in the states, yes, but not in AUS?) and the transponder frequency was same as Australia's one, they still rejected to program it.

If you can find any locksmith to program your transponder, there'll be no problems to do it.

but it's a bit hard to find one to program it for you.

• 3 years later...

I know that a few guys here have had luck with remotes from the states. main thing is check the FCC ID on the pack of your remote as that has to be the same.

I recommend to stay away from the Ebay keys though. Some of these are used ones in new casings that don't program into other cars easily, others are Chinese keys where even though the transponder reads correctly and the frequency is correct they won't work.

Yea that would help.. I actually have 3 keys and 2 remotes for my car so I wouldn't mind having a key like that even a non pop out key with buttons in it. But it seems button orientation is different to our remote so not sure the stuff inside the remote will fit this.

That isn't for a prox key. That's to replace your broken key with a flip blade.

You need to break a key to get out the chip out.

Yes, corrects. As Toyota did such a fantastic job designing their remote keys they are guaranteed to break. The flip key shell is one of the fixes.

RAWG. As long as you have the diamond head shaped remote key that will work.

RAWG. As long as you have the diamond head shaped remote key that will work.

I don't have a diamond key. Do Aurions have that type of key? Edited by RAWG