Alutec upper front strut

In all honesty, adjustable is crap. What you want is something solid such as the TRD one and its 1 piece.

Think about it, why is it adjustable when you don't even adjust it after u fit it. Its adjustable because the producer can't make a specific fitment for a specific car, so instead they make adjustable so they just install the correct size arm and use the same bar for every car.

My Alutec is adjustable, but I bought it for look factor more than handling factor. Its less flex than the whiteline too, but you wanna see great strut bar, try flexing the TRD, it won't flex man :D:D:D

Front strut bars are widely used in rwd cars to improve turn in, but the same principle won't apply for a fwd... in fact, it'll promote understeer as far as I know.... I would've thought a rear sway bar or rear tower bar would be a better option....

Talks about the strut brace - this article was applied to a FWD:

http://www.whiteline.com.au/articles/strut...e_H4s_2001a.htm

Talks about the rear sway bar - also applied to a FWD:

http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/A_2359/article.html

Danz: What's the construction of your cf front strut brace like? carbon skin, aluminium underneath? I'm just wary of full cf strut braces: Depending on the quality of the cf, direction of weave and thickness, I reckon a plain jane looking metal strut brace would be more effective.

Unless of course theres the looks factor too :)

I think the best strut brace would be a triangulated strut brace welded from strut towers to the middle of the back of the bonnet:

yay for crappy ascii art.

Other fuction is to increase rigidty, but I guess to have both, just make ur car act as it is, but stiffer in some way. Usually race car have both, but then their suspension is tuned to increase oversteer or understeer, depending upon what is needed for the car to have great control. Example, for FWD, you want to produce oversteer due to its natural understeer behaviour. In this case, the strut bars are used to increase rigidty of the car along with other things such as roll bar, floor bar etc, and uses swaybar and suspension for control to change the behaviour of the car.

I think its not 100 percent carbon fibre bar, I didn't really check the inner bit, but I do think it is alluminium inside.

I bought for look factor :D

But, the welding of the strut holder is absolutely beautiful. It does help the cornering, thank goodness it did :D

wahaha nah, because it was my first time using strut bar so i was trying to experience any changes, its my first car so any mods is the first time. Yeah it does help. There's this one corner in mount dandenong, and I know my car always rub there at the speed I am going, that night it didn't rub. Sounds good to me.

That diagram about tri-point strut bar, you know why its like that? Try flexing one of those :P

Edited by Danz

well yea.. it's literally part of the car now :P

and some physics.. weights and forces and momentum and all that E equals MC Hammer stuff.

oh in my previous post when i mentioned about quality of cf, what i meant was the fibre/resin ratio.

do keep in mind when stiffning suspension and handling its putting more of the force in your tyres. so expect more wear on tyres when driving it hard. It might not seem much going around the corner at 60 and its comfortable but your tyres are getting a hammering.

:)

Don't think so man, besides, the main reason of strut bar is to lessen chassis flex. Not for oversteer or understeer, those are just some of the effects of using strut bar. less flex equal better stability.

You want oversteer/understeer, get down to suspension and swaybars.

Edited by Danz