Dealer stuffed me up again

Bruster

When i purchased the car at the start of the year i drove home without a spare tyre

i went back and they gave me a spare (original) at that time the tyre was newish and in good condition.

i never removed it, never touch it since then.

Recently i was cleaning the car and notice the board in the boot was loose so i looke in there and i noticed the spare tyre punctured in two places on the side wall, my tool bag which i bought was also missing. Now the last service i did was back in June 10 and since i only spotted it now it is hard to prove my case.

i recently went to the dealer to check on the shaft spline as i started to hear a knocking noise on elevated bumps and i thought maybe it was them checking for the noise, maybe removed the spare and put back an old tyre by accident....oh i dont know...many possibilities. so i contacted the dealer and they replied back saying it was noted on my last service invoice (june 10) my spare was in poor condition, but nobody mentioned it to me and it doesnt state it was punctured otherwise they would've asked me if i wanted a new tyre.

so now i lost a good michelin tyre and i cant prove they are in the wrong... im 100% sure i had a a good tyre in excellent condition.

at this stage there is nothing i can apart from coping on the chin and move on... but so frustrated because i have had 3 Toyotas in the last 5 years and i cant remember a good experience from Dealership servicing.... its just one problem after another.

when i had my Mazda3 i paid almost double for servicing but i tell you got service too...car washed everytime and when i asked for something to be repaired always there to assist me...they even painted my bumper when i scratched it.

i love the car , hate the dealership.... im in two minds if i should avoid toyota on the next upgrade purely on dealership service.

Now, should i lose my extended warranty and go to NRMA or should i stick to it and put up potential more stuff ups???

sorry guys just venting.... :angry:

Edited by Bruster

have had to use dealership 4 times for warranty jobs and trans service, and I have been satisfied only once, the other times there has been stuffups of one sort or another.

those machanics who work at dealers shouldn't even be hired. hasn't any of those guys ever received a complaint before, because a lot of people aren't satisfied after a service according to many threads on this site.

hey guys im upset to read this as im a toyota dealer mechanic an i take much pride in my work as i dont enjoy have to talk to irrate customers and ive found best way to avoid upsetting customers is to fix there complantes though i have experienced some customers that even i can not help as they have very very high expectations or had a bad sales experiance and they bring that to the service department

so people please bare in mind there are some dealer mechanics that will bend over backwards for the customer if the dealer your dealing with doesnt try another to impove the experience and build your trust in toyota again

oh crap, i'm very sorry to offend you robie. i didn't realise there could be a toyota dealer mechanic reading this topic. please accept my apology and not take my word personally.

Edited by seifer

nah its ok i do understand were your coming from it just upsets me i see stuff like that every day with underqualifed people working on cars not respecting the fact its someone elses vehicle i just hope your experences improve cause if people stop buy and servicing toyotas i may not have a job for such a good manufacturer in the future

Hey robie, I believe you're more of an exception rather than the rule. I wish it is the other way around.

In the past I have put too much trust with my ex Toyota dealer. After reading some of the poor service some of you has experienced, I'm beginning to doubt whether they've done half the things they were supposed to do with my ex Toyota. I've always wondered why for the first 32000 kms my fuel consumption has always been constant then right after the so called major service, I was getting like 10% less and this is after being pressured into getting the fuel injectors cleaned.

That said, to the op, I believe integrity goes for the whole chain. From the manufacturer right down to the dealership and customer experience. If the manufacturer, in this case Toyota, unable to control quality through their own dealers, then I believe you should look elsewhere for your next purchase. It is the only way they'll listen.

If you are one of the workers in the production line and it's not achieving the target who is likely going to get hammered, the workers or the manager?

I have owned 5 brand new Toyotas in the last 12 years, including the one I'm using at the moment. A really bad experience with my previous Toyota is enough to make me want to stay away from the brand forever. In my book Toyota is walking on a thin line.

Edited by conroe

nah its ok i do understand were your coming from it just upsets me i see stuff like that every day with underqualifed people working on cars not respecting the fact its someone elses vehicle i just hope your experences improve cause if people stop buy and servicing toyotas i may not have a job for such a good manufacturer in the future

Robie,

i understand there is good and bad in every industry, and my frustration is not targeting anyone personally but a particular dealership. The dealership should be responsible enough to take my complaint on board rather than brush it off automatically like nothing like that could happen there.

i also understand they may get a alot of complaints and could think im trying to get something for free, im not that sort of guy and i give credit to people where credit is due. i contacted Toyota Australia and the manager at the dealership but the outcome is the same.

i just have to move on and get a new tyre thats all.

if your service Dealership prides themselves on service like you said i would love to come and service my car there but unfortunately its too far out from where i work or live.

cheers

mmmmm like in ay work[lace there are different personalities with in the workshop. some technicians are great at pulling gearboxes and diffs apart and rebuilding where as other are better at pulling trims off and other delicate work. really is up to the workshop Forman to make sure the best mechanic is for that job is on that job :)

thought this article on caradvice was good and share it around.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/85588/servicing-new-car-warranty-you/

The reviews and consumer advice pieces on CarAdvice are fairly good imo, but the comments sections are monopolized by degenerates -___-

totally agree, thats why i dont post comments anymore on that site.

I know how you feel mate..

Try looking for another Toyota Service Centre. I would never go back to that Service Centre.

Are you able to tell us which service centre your refering to?