A big 'HELLO!' from a cheesey (yet professional) Toyota salesman

Scud

Afternoon all!

Thought I'd finally sign up here after reading these forums when I'm looking for information that I can't quite put my finger on.

My name is Nick, and I'm from Melbourne. I work for a Toyota dealership in the New Car Sales Department and have been involved with the dealerships for nearly 4.5 years now after spending a year at another Toyota dealership prior to that.

I have a fairly extensive knowledge of cars and am hoping to be of some assistance to folks on this forum if I can be.. and if I can't help, I'll sure have a good crack at finding the information you seek if I don't have the answers.

I haven't actually owned a Toyota in the past, however these days if I was in a position to need to buy a car it would have to be a choice between a Levin SX Manual, Kluger KX-S, Rukus Build 3 or a Prado TD depending on what my budget allowed for! I get given demonstrators to drive and generally find myself in a new car every 3-4 months. Most recently I've had a 4x2 Rav4 Cruiser Auto in Graphite, a 6 speed Levin SX in Tidal Blue, the same in wildfire and before that a Rav CV Manual. Hopefully next is the facelifted Kluger KX-R, although we'll wait until they come out next week before I put the hard word on my boss! Hah!

I have a bit of an automotive background also. I used to be heavily involved in a Melbourne car club called VicStreetScene, though my days of being involved in car clubs are long gone after a few hiccups with the boys in blue and my hoonish nature in other cars I owned (78 injected Commodore, 96 V8 Fairmont Ghia, etc.) Gotta grow up some time!

Anyway, I'm here to learn information about cars that maybe I didn't know, and offer any help I can to those who need it. Not to mention, I can always help if you're interested in advice about a purchase of a new Toyota.

Cheers!

Nick

Thanks for the welcomes folks!

Andrew357 - hey, if only it was so simple I'm sure I'd win a bit of business out of it :D

unique - I can't really speak for all salesmen. I guess when I was younger (21, 22) I used to not really thrash it, but probably did a small amount of silly things. But I think like anyone, you grow up. Thrashing a car that wasn't yours would probably be amusing only for a small amount of time. These days I prefer to look after my company cars, given they are a massive benefit to my life etc!

You guys would find at just as much if not more information on projects like that than a Toyota salesman would. I usually get most of my information off the web simply because I want it, not because anyone at Toyota tells me. I also get most info from autoblog.com - pretty source that!

However, if I do get the opportunity I certainly try and get into the ear of Toyota execs who are in the know about these things. I knew the FJ cruiser was headed here a while before the public did for instance!

unique - I can't really speak for all salesmen. I guess when I was younger (21, 22) I used to not really thrash it, but probably did a small amount of silly things. But I think like anyone, you grow up. Thrashing a car that wasn't yours would probably be amusing only for a small amount of time. These days I prefer to look after my company cars, given they are a massive benefit to my life etc!

Fair enough mate. Good to know that some people treat the cars well :)