Diesel into a Yaris

crazydrifter

i went out and tried to start the car again so that my friend on the other line could hear the engine noise. he reckons it requires it oculd be a flat battery. could it be that?

theres a bit of oil leak on the driveway now. is it because i poured too much oil before? seriously, i rather play WoW right now... doing my head in

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i went out and tried to start the car again so that my friend on the other line could hear the engine noise. he reckons it requires it oculd be a flat battery. could it be that?

theres a bit of oil leak on the driveway now. is it because i poured too much oil before? seriously, i rather play WoW right now... doing my head in

you cant be serious? you tried to start it again... what are you doing??!! the oil leak could be from a lot of things (the worst being a hole in the block you may have caused)

unless you understand this completely then... YOU CANT FIX THIS... GET IT LOOKED AT.

i call troll. End of story and if you aint trolling you must be a deadset muppet.

Mate, you havn't contributed anything useful to the thread, and you say that im lying is a bit too much

Anyways, it sounds like ive gone beyond my duty to help my gf, might just call my friend to come help. i still think there is hope, will keep you posted

i call troll. End of story and if you aint trolling you must be a deadset muppet.

Mate, you havn't contributed anything useful to the thread, and you say that im lying is a bit too much

Anyways, it sounds like ive gone beyond my duty to help my gf, might just call my friend to come help. i still think there is hope, will keep you posted

honestly man, I think you are boned... for your sake i hope you aren't... but really i think you need to get a professional involved... especially if its the same friend who told you to 'get a walbro'

honestly man, I think you are boned... for your sake i hope you aren't... but really i think you need to get a professional involved... especially if its the same friend who told you to 'get a walbro'

Yeh same mate. hes into cars and goes to car meets so i assume he knows his stuff.

The best thing to do here is get a certified mechanic to look at it because ur mate may say he knows his stuff but really his clueless. And just tell ur gfs parents honestly.

And as for your previous comment u sounded like a troll

The best thing to do here is get a certified mechanic to look at it because ur mate may say he knows his stuff but really his clueless. And just tell ur gfs parents honestly.

I have personally seen an instance where diesel fuel was inadvertantly put into a petrol motor (4 cyl. engine). It started to smoke profusely, then stalled. The diesel fuel was drained from the tank, petrol put in, and after cranking engine for about 1 1/2 minutes, it started and ran fine. Diesel fuel will not ruin your engine. It will foul the plugs, and may cause trouble with modern fuel injection systems, requireing flushing, and purging of the system, but that's about it.

I have personally seen an instance where diesel fuel was inadvertantly put into a petrol motor (4 cyl. engine). It started to smoke profusely, then stalled. The diesel fuel was drained from the tank, petrol put in, and after cranking engine for about 1 1/2 minutes, it started and ran fine. Diesel fuel will not ruin your engine. It will foul the plugs, and may cause trouble with modern fuel injection systems, requireing flushing, and purging of the system, but that's about it.

I thought so, so just change a few things out and hanky dory?

My mate came by with some cables and we decided to jump start the car just to see if its a battery issue. No go there. Currently googling for any other tips. Suggestions welcomed. I mean, if its dead, which i think its not, we got nothing to lose by trying other avenues right?

i was going to score with her as well but now shes all stressed out and being a fridget

i Loled at this

and just ring bloody lube mobile they aren't going to dob what is this primary school.

hahahahahahhahhahahahha best thread on TOCAU for ages, anyone would think this is boost cruising yall

eyh i know i shouldn't start it but im very desperate. u dunno how angry the gf's dad is.. im invovled no matter what so i hope you can see the desperation. we're currently googling on how to "steal" petrol out of the tank via garden hose and getting my friendf to goto a petrol station and get fresh petrol. my friend said to add octane booster. is that advisable?

i was going to score with her as well but now shes all stressed out and being a fridget

i Loled at this

and just ring bloody lube mobile they aren't going to dob what is this primary school.

hahahahahahhahhahahahha best thread on TOCAU for ages, anyone would think this is boost cruising yall

mate, you across as a prick. we're not all mechanics here. i onyl join up this forum to get help, not being ridiculed.

Don't stress Crazydrifter, I know someone who has been in the same situation as you with a Yaris.

It is quit easy to fix.

Basically you buy a another one in the same colour with less Ks and transfer the plates. Don't forget to dirty it up and re scratch anything that was scratched on the old one. Oh, and don't forget to chock the front wheels up and leave it in drive until you match the Ks.

youre not helping, all youre saying is get a professional. I CAN NOT GET A PROFESSIONAL!! I WILL GET IN TROUBLE!! SHE WILL GET IN TROUBLE!! dont u get it?

youre all smart, im sure there is a way to fix it. i googled it and they say only spark plug will be affected. can you recommend some? my friend said to get HKS as theyre the best quality. but they sound expensive? if i get the HKS, do they come with the stickers? like the massive ones that goes across the windscreen?

Don't stress Crazydrifter, I know someone who has been in the same situation as you with a Yaris.

It is quit easy to fix.

Basically you buy a another one in the same colour with less Ks and transfer the plates. Don't forget to dirty it up and re scratch anything that was scratched on the old one. Oh, and don't forget to chock the front wheels up and leave it in drive until you match the Ks.

+1 lol

It is quit easy to fix.

FInally someone that can help. first of all, what am i buying? what am i dirtying up? Do you have picture or instructions? mroe info pls

It is quit easy to fix.

FInally someone that can help. first of all, what am i buying? what am i dirtying up? Do you have picture or instructions? mroe info pls

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA **** lol

You GF's parents will get angry at you because your GF filled up with the wrong fuel?

Dump her. Not worth the effort.

edit: Unless she's a dynamo in the sack.

i Loled at this

mate, you across as a prick. we're not all mechanics here. i onyl join up this forum to get help, not being ridiculed.

look mate, ive tried to help you... i posted all the information you would require to flush the fuel system (take a look at the pdf link in my earlier post)

If you dont listen, then we cant help