Diesel into a Yaris

crazydrifter

Recommendation to post problem on boostcruising =

its_a_trap.jpg

Ooops, too late, can't go back now :P

Shall this go down in infamy along with the Dana diff-guy, port/polish by pouring sand into the intake, and the body-builder who started getting interested in other men?

links to these?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Recommendation to post problem on boostcruising =

its_a_trap.jpg

Ooops, too late, can't go back now :P

Shall this go down in infamy along with the Dana diff-guy, port/polish by pouring sand into the intake, and the body-builder who started getting interested in other men?

links to these?

Pirate 4x4 thread - guy refuses to post gears, descends into mayhem, coins a new internet term "To do a Wenzel"

Sand port-and-polish - AudiWorld

Can't find the body-builder one, but it was an absolute classic...

quite obvious whoever it was that told me to post it on boostcruising was trying to humilate me further...

whatever

anyways, spoke to my mate's friend whose studying law atm at syd uni.. he said theres a slight chance i could fight this in court. he has connections with the local news paper too so they might end up making a news article about this.. more publicity, the better the pay out.

going to take some pics of the nozzle @ the service station. should i take down the name of the attendant that served my gf, knowing full well that there was diesel in the car? if he knew, isnt it his responsibility to stop her from driving further?

no word of the mechanic yet.. but i just want to make aware of this issue so no one else will be in the same position. maybe make a few $$ out of it too while im at it hehe

quite obvious whoever it was that told me to post it on boostcruising was trying to humilate me further...

whatever

anyways, spoke to my mate's friend whose studying law atm at syd uni.. he said theres a slight chance i could fight this in court. he has connections with the local news paper too so they might end up making a news article about this.. more publicity, the better the pay out.

going to take some pics of the nozzle @ the service station. should i take down the name of the attendant that served my gf, knowing full well that there was diesel in the car? if he knew, isnt it his responsibility to stop her from driving further?

no word of the mechanic yet.. but i just want to make aware of this issue so no one else will be in the same position. maybe make a few $$ out of it too while im at it hehe

mate, you have no hope of fighting this... and the more people you tell the more people are going to call you a moron.

Fuel pumps have adequate warning on them already.

You wont make a cent.

Secondly you wont win in court as its not the service stations responsobility to be a expert on every model car and fuel it takes. You will fail hard cause then the defence will go and take a photo of the sticker inside the fuel flap saying unleaded fuel only ?

You really are the dumbest person i have ever seen.

Good luck with your court case, hopefully you are done trolling and move on. :)

You wont make a cent.

Secondly you wont win in court as its not the service stations responsobility to be a expert on every model car and fuel it takes. You will fail hard cause then the defence will go and take a photo of the sticker inside the fuel flap saying unleaded fuel only ?

You really are the dumbest person i have ever seen.

Good luck with your court case, hopefully you are done trolling and move on. :)

well my friend whose studying law seems to think so. he said a slim chance but its doable. as long as it gets publicity, more and more people will come forward admitting they did the same thing. im sure the petrol station won't let this goto court, maybe a settlement or something. like free petrol for a yr (doubt we will go back there anyways) or pay for the parts that we have to replace for the engine.

any help is help.

Your friends really seem so useful giving you all this great advice an all.

It's the person filling the tank that has the responsibility of choosing the right fuel. It's just like how supermarkets stock all kinds of hazardous chemicals and it's not their fault if you have no brain and buy a bottle of drain cleaner and drink it.

Do you really think there are many others out there stupid enough to make the mistake your G/F did? I highly doubt it because most people aren't that dumb. Putting this out into the media would be so hilarious that the fuel company in question will probably gain more positive publicity than anything.

Anyways, in before the lock. This thread has till 5pm AEST. Thanks for the entertainment to help us all make it through the working day, but once that's over, so is this.

well what abt robbers who get injured when robbing a house... they get compensated and the home owner convicted? i dont see why its any different to my gf's situation?

also why ru locking it? i still need advice

should i make another topic since the original one has been resolved?

Roger lost me when he started talking about litigation.

Anyone that can't be responsible for their own actions, and then wants to be reimbursed via legal action due to the problems their own stupidity caused, needs to remove their head from their ***** and have a long good look at themselves.

Don't feed lawyers, don't feed trolls. :angry:

Your friends really seem so useful giving you all this great advice an all.

It's the person filling the tank that has the responsibility of choosing the right fuel. It's just like how supermarkets stock all kinds of hazardous chemicals and it's not their fault if you have no brain and buy a bottle of drain cleaner and drink it.

Do you really think there are many others out there stupid enough to make the mistake your G/F did? I highly doubt it because most people aren't that dumb. Putting this out into the media would be so hilarious that the fuel company in question will probably gain more positive publicity than anything.

Anyways, in before the lock. This thread has till 5pm AEST. Thanks for the entertainment to help us all make it through the working day, but once that's over, so is this.

OP should follow the bolded advice.

D pls dont lock this yet, i rekon it will get better.

you have a fair point djkor, but we don't live in a perfect world. ppl make mistakes, just that these mistakes causes lots of $$$ of damages. its not even taught at driving school!! all these assumptions are based on commonsense.... but sorry, commonsense isnt so common.

also why ru locking it? i still need advice

Because somewhere in my mind I truly believe you are actually some person experiencing the exact same issues that you have brought up. But the general consensus is that you are a troll (ie. posting this for LOL's) and on top of that, this is obviously only going down one path. If this is a real problem, sorry, but this isn't the place to talk about it. Consult with your parents/friends/relatives... anyone you can speak to in person.

should i make another topic since the original one has been resolved?

Once I close it... feel free to do so. Because you will also be banned.

D pls dont lock this yet, i rekon it will get better.

I don't really want to because it is well contained, but there is a good chance he's just trolling... and well, you just don't feed the trolls. It's more fun to participate in a discussion based on real life rather than one that is just made up.

you have a fair point djkor, but we don't live in a perfect world. ppl make mistakes, just that these mistakes causes lots of $$$ of damages. its not even taught at driving school!! all these assumptions are based on commonsense.... but sorry, commonsense isnt so common.

you are right, but idiots like you and your gf need to take responsibility for their actions... it is NOT the servos, toyotas, or anyone elses fault you put the wrong fuel in... the car says on the flap and in the manual 'unleaded fuel only' the cashier at the servo even told her that he didnt think she had put the right fuel in, etc.

cop it on the chin and move on, there is nothing you can do.

I don't really want to because it is well contained, but there is a good chance he's just trolling... and well, you just don't feed the trolls. It's more fun to participate in a discussion based on real life rather than one that is just made up.

I don't think he is... i could be wrong but this does not seem like a normal 'troll'

omg im not faking it

ive just been ignoring eveyrone calling me a troll and abusing me bcuz i know at least 1 or 2 ppl on the forum actually believes and will provide advice. i had one user on the boostcruising personal message me saying to ignore them and thru all the crap, you will find someone that will give you sound advice.

im only posting this on the internet bcuz i can be anonymous and its free.

you are right, but idiots like you and your gf need to take responsibility for their actions... it is NOT the servos, toyotas, or anyone elses fault you put the wrong fuel in... the car says on the flap and in the manual 'unleaded fuel only' the cashier at the servo even told her that he didnt think she had put the right fuel in, etc.

cop it on the chin and move on, there is nothing you can do.

yeh but some ppl say the nozzle is bigger at some station, and some arent? why cant they do that for EVERY station? thats why they have erasers on pencils, no matter how obvious it is, there will be mistakes...

fine, i wont specifically sue the fuel station, maybe if the story gets published, i can ask for donations or soemthing? i just wanna raise awareness or something... maybe even have a day named after it liek they do with breast cancer or something

seriously, im sure there are many ppl out there who did the same thing my gf did... just that u wont find them on a car forum for obvious reasons

omg im not faking it

ive just been ignoring eveyrone calling me a troll and abusing me bcuz i know at least 1 or 2 ppl on the forum actually believes and will provide advice. i had one user on the boostcruising personal message me saying to ignore them and thru all the crap, you will find someone that will give you sound advice.

Ahh! A refreshing ray of hope through the dark clouds.

7f2596ff0.jpg

i get bullied a lot at school so stuff like abuse and name calling doesn't phase me. i look out for myself and only myself. like the old saying goes "stick and stones can break ur bones but names can never hurt ya"

and its soo easy to bully someone on the internet bcuz u dont have to face them, so i dont care really

Edited by crazydrifter

Wow i wont quote it but your friend is studying law so good luck there....

and the robbery you are reffering to happened in america were the robber fell out the window and broke his leg and sued the owner of the house he was breaking into and won. just to make this a bit easier to understand.... It happened in AMERICA! ... i repeat AMERICA.... No need to say more...

Sometimes you just have to be responsible and suffer what you get in return. I have done many stupid things in my past, but in the end, you just have to realise that there isn't an easy way out. It can be difficult talking to someone like your parents over serious matter, but you have to do what you have to do. You will get much better advice from them when you can get it face to face.

The problem realistically isn't yours (entirely anyways) because you weren't the one to put the diesel in the car and run it after, so this should really be an issue for your g/f. Though you did become somewhat responsible when you did get involved, but if the damage was done prior to you attempting to fix it, you can discuss with your g/f where you really sit in this situation.

yeh but some ppl say the nozzle is bigger at some station, and some arent? why cant they do that for EVERY station? thats why they have erasers on pencils, no matter how obvious it is, there will be mistakes...

fine, i wont specifically sue the fuel station, maybe if the story gets published, i can ask for donations or soemthing? i just wanna raise awareness or something... maybe even have a day named after it liek they do with breast cancer or something

seriously, im sure there are many ppl out there who did the same thing my gf did... just that u wont find them on a car forum for obvious reasons

I have to call troll on this now... surely.... unless you were dropped on your head as a child.

DJKOR -> That's exactly what I was thinking. No one could possibly think like that.

Edited by DJKOR
Didn't want to make another post

Sometimes you just have to be responsible and suffer what you get in return. I have done many stupid things in my past, but in the end, you just have to realise that there isn't an easy way out. It can be difficult talking to someone like your parents over serious matter, but you have to do what you have to do. You will get much better advice from them when you can get it face to face.

The problem realistically isn't yours (entirely anyways) because you weren't the one to put the diesel in the car and run it after, so this should really be an issue for your g/f. Though you did become somewhat responsible when you did get involved, but if the damage was done prior to you attempting to fix it, you can discuss with your g/f where you really sit in this situation.

well she is my gf and i luv her.. so im gonna fight for her. i dont think i broke it even more. we'll hear what hte mechanic has to say. but youre right, she will have ot face the consequences. im just here to explore other avenues that i may try and claim back money or raise awreness, even though it was stupid...