Dutchie's second toy..

dutchie101

damn thats fkn bright ! Can u get this for zre ? whistling.gif

No you can not. Try using these for the ZRE.

Actually the stock t10's were almost as bright, these are just that bit more and cleaner. Not sure for ZRE, i havent pulled them out to get to them.. If i knew the part number may could cross ref it?

They are different.These will fit LS430, GS (<2005), IS200, Prius (NHW10, <2003), Camry (>2002), Aurion.

Installed Tanabe springs, 25mm drop at the front, 30mm at the rear. Nice, smooth and better braking, sharper steering, no loss in ride quality.

Pics to come:

Installed IPF XP-50 6,000k T10's (parkers)

ipf_xn-01_02.jpg

and Mtech 6,000k D2C 6,000k blubs:

MT6KD2C-2.jpg

Results tonight..

man i want those bright lights all over my ZR. i hate the stock lighting..its too weak i can barely see anything with it lol. Shame i know nothing about changing stuff like this :( wouldnt mind that lexus either though. good work, keep it up. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Watching this topic. When I get back home to the States I think that I am going with the same car, but probably a 2004-2006 to get the newer nose. I'm either gonna do silver, like yours, or go black. Definitely getting the Ultra Lux Edition with all the options, too. Very nice find you got there!

I'll have fun watching yours develop.

ls400_01.jpg

100_2503.jpg

Thanks Darren. Beautiful car, i cant recommend a better driving car. Tanabe DF210 springs have sharpened up the steering and braking without much sacrifice in ride quality.. Its actually quite nimble and agile for a bigger car. Turning circle is fantastic. Wheels are on the way as we speak, im so looking forward to them finally getting here.

We dont get the full UL here, only a half assed version (no air sus :( )

Ive been scouting around for facelift bonnet, fenders, headlights, headlight support, grill and front bar.. There are 2 facelift LS's in Sydney im trying to look at, but have no idea how pricey the front end will be. But thats a mod i can always do later down the track.

Thanks Johnnie B)

I wouldn't even spend the time or the money on the facelift. I'd hold on to the car for a few years and get less devaluation from modding it too much, then go for an LS460. Unless you get into a front-end collision, the facelift is just going to be a money pit.

By the way, my SC430 was the same engine/tranny combo and I can vouch that it is pretty nice. The ony grip I had with the SC430 was that the ECU seemed to be tuned for luxury and when I put my foot down it would hesitate before it decided to give me some of the fun stuff. Have you noticed that with the LS?

Yeah, the fly by wire throttle plays the same tricks. With the right foot work, you can confuse it a little and get more out of it. The LS also has switchable throttle/transmission settings for more poke. Still I rarely want to drive it hard, in fact, i find myself under the spped limit quite a few times.... maybe im just getting old! :D

It took me a while, but I finally did figure out how to get a little more fun out of the SC430. If you put the ECT setting into Winter then it will shift to the highest gear that you have selected. Select first gear and turn off Traction Control and the car will drive as if it were a manual transmission. Then when you shift up to second it will automatically perform the shift and stay in second, etc.

I'm sure that you will rarely do this, as I rarely did, but still good to know.

21jdp1s.jpg

(from pixelcarart.com)

Ok, installed the 25,000k "Ocean blue" HID fogs today...

Drivers side was easy. Headlight removal, plug'n'play. mounted the ballast. Easy.

Passengers side was a nightmare. OEM HID washer bottle almost butts up or sits on top of the passenger fog. Argghhhh! Barely any room to move. Headlight removed, loosened all inner and lower guard lining. Still no room. I persisted for over an hour, cutting my arms up, suffering cramps, sunburn and humid hot day.. OK, finally got it in and plugged up. WhoooHooo!

So i start them up tonight for pics. One doesn't ignite properly. Then it does, with a different colour!! Arghhhh noooooo! and its the passenger one. FTMFL.

Ive got some 30,000k "Hyper Blue" to swap them out with, or JDM spec 3,000k "deep Yellow".... Not looking forward to tomorrows swap out..

HIDMFL.jpg

Just had a thought... I washed the car after the install... Hmm i wonder if that passenger ballast got wet....? they should be waterproof tho.... Hmmmm,....

Maybe not waterproof... they are the old style.. just looking at new waterproofs. Hmmm...

OUCHHHH.... You've gone from wheel heaven straight down to HID hell :(

By old style,what do you mean? old stock,design? I know one thing, you didn't buy cheapies....

Not a fan of yellow but would suit the LS for sure.

Indeed i have John, indeed i have <_<

Well, i did spend more than 30 bucks on a pair, but i thought they were newer design. Seems the place i got them in the US sent older design.. I should have researched more, its my fault. Im sure they would have been ok, but i mounted the passenger side in a more forward location, not thinking about water proofness (or lack there of). Im sure the bulbs are fine, although the passenger one didnt have the 25,000k tag on it. So could be water logged ballast (i thought it would just cr@pped itself) or a miss-matched bulb.

Still sucks tho..

Hooked up some waterproof digital jobbies already, see how they go.

Hey Hey...

Wheel update!

-AMISTAD Klouds F:19X9 et 31, R:19X10 et 38

Had to go to MICHELIN Pilot Sport 245/40/19 98 load rating for fronts and rears. Really happy with the rear stretch, but i have to be satisfied with the fronts as is. Wanted to go 235/35's at the front but none available in such a high load rating. Ah well...heres the results..

ami04.jpg

ami02.jpg

ami03.jpg

ami06.jpg

ami05.jpg

ami07.jpg

Another 30mm drop with the SS-Kit might be a bit drastic, but way cool.. until bags are installed.. :spiteful: