Dutchie's second toy..

dutchie101

Very nice mate and yeah the rears do look horny :clap: ... and i understand your pain when it comes to load ratings and trying to find something thats good and worthy,hope this questions not to early but how do you find the Pilots and running 40 as opposed to 35 profile?

reason i ask i was thinking next set of rubber i might look at jumping up to a 245/40/19 allround or go mental and stuff some 255/40/19 on the rears :o

anyhooo your luxobarge is coming along very nicely mate,but in saying that i didn't expect anything less :P

Cheers

Lee

ami05.jpg

Dutchies awesome VIPness, oh that kinda sounds wrong doesn't it? :o :lol:

Totally transformed the car Pete,unbelievable,shame about the tyres though,lower profile would look hot but you do have stretch.... Rear dish is perfect, bit hard to see with all that reflection going on but yep excellent choice,again..

I think I need to have a chat with your wheel guy :P

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sorry for the late replies, been up Broadbeach for the weekend, Thanks for the comments peoples! greatly appreciated :D

looking hot! body kit next?

have you used the cooled seat function? would be handy in the summer heat

Kit is on the way, with the cutters and grill... Hell yeah! the seat coolers are bloody awesome in this hot summer weather. Nice cool a55 wherever i go, and no sweat marked shirts :D

Very nice mate and yeah the rears do look horny :clap: ... and i understand your pain when it comes to load ratings and trying to find something thats good and worthy,hope this questions not to early but how do you find the Pilots and running 40 as opposed to 35 profile?

reason i ask i was thinking next set of rubber i might look at jumping up to a 245/40/19 allround or go mental and stuff some 255/40/19 on the rears :o

anyhooo your luxobarge is coming along very nicely mate,but in saying that i didn't expect anything less :P

Cheers

Lee

Thanks Lee. Have been away for the weekend, so havent driven the LS for more than say 20km. Im amazed at the ride quality. Unexpectedly amazing for 19"s and 40's. Only slightly firmer than OEM 55 16", and very very quiet. Ill keep you posted as i drive more on them.

ami05.jpg

Dutchies awesome VIPness, oh that kinda sounds wrong doesn't it? :o :lol:

Totally transformed the car Pete,unbelievable,shame about the tyres though,lower profile would look hot but you do have stretch.... Rear dish is perfect, bit hard to see with all that reflection going on but yep excellent choice,again..

I think I need to have a chat with your wheel guy :P

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yeah bit hard to see what going on with all the reflection, ill get some more shots later in the week. Thanks John, glad you like em! Rears stretch looks MAD! hopefully i can eventually find something for the front, or ill order some 19X10's at high offset to complete the look. Pity, cause i actually specifically got that offsets i did to suit a 225/235 stretch on the front dammit. Dammit.

baller status. getting airbags too?

Thanks Bro. Yeah I think ill go bags, just have to work out this front wheel/tire issue before i progress any further.

man that looks ballin dutchie! love it! cant wait for it to be bagged... :clap:

whats this seat cooling function i just read about?

A55 cooling vented cooled seat my man! not just heated seats, they are also cooled... mack'n.

Now with 30mm more down low... Black grill installed and mud flaps removed.

No scrub on the front, dont like the Nankangs tho, Michelin's on order..

Light rub on the rears, front & rear fender roll/shave early next week..

LS430Night1.jpg

Now for some stylish HPS shots...

LS430Night4.jpg

LS430Night5.jpg

LS430Night6.jpg

LS430Night7.jpg

Another location:

LS430Night9.jpg

LS430Night8.jpg

^ have to colour adjust those last two... havent touched any of them yet.

Ummmm im already running stretched :blink: , and -3 on the rear, around -2 front. Thats it for now till bags later down the track..

I dont want to be cop bait, nor it be a show car. It still has to be practical. I think it pretty much almost there. Im not going any lower for now, tho another 10mm would be nice, that means harsh coils, looking at around 2.4 for a set of JIC's. I wouldnt settle for less.

To have more camber, useable camber that it, expect a 4-4.5K bill for adjustable arms all round to start with. Thats before bags.. Plus higher offset rims, guard work (pull)and coil overs or bags. You would be looking at over 15k easy.

oh ok lol didnt realise they were stretched. i meant full on stretched like those stance nation VIP cars :whistling:

of course if you want to keep it practical then what you have created there looks ballin ;) i just love it when the wheels disappear under the guards :toast: still nice work man, i am very jealous. mostly because you have a car with seat cooling though! :blink:

so what else you got planned apart from bags? found a rather tasty rear end on google just now :ph34r:

MG_1394-540x359.jpg

Thanks guys'n'gals :D Its looking pretty sexy.

Ordered my new Michelin's for the front, getting rid of those p!ssy Nangkangs.

Just found out i can upgrade to a gen 4 nav computer from a 05 LS(new format) so ive got one coming from the US, direct plug n play. Excellent(with Mr Burns finger tap roll) B)

Also looking at (well buying) a front camber/caster adapter to bring the front wheel forward to the middle of the guard, as when you drop it the caster moves the wheel back too much. The adapter also cranks -2.5 degrees neg as standard, so i can wind more in or out if i like, and space the front wheels out by another 5mm i hope. The adapter also drops the front by 30mm. These will replace the 30mm drop SS-kit spacers.

191x115-2010091500010.jpg

Also looking at (well buying) a front camber/caster adapter to bring the front wheel forward to the middle of the guard, as when you drop it the caster moves the wheel back too much.

I was wondering why some cars had the wheels either too forward or too far back...

ZRE rear wheels aren't centred either, closer to the front of the guard,no one notices,left side is worse but I see it :ph34r:

Pete the LS is **** brilliant,the Japanese would be proud of it,anyone would think you took those pics from a Jap site...Its perfect especially the de-flapping :D

No half ar5e job on that beauty,typical Dutchie... :toast: :toast:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, pulled out that troublesome HID ballast today. Yep, it was bloody FULL of water!!! :o :angry: I mean FULL!! luckily it didnt fry any circuitry or blow a fuse, dunno why it didnt!

I URGE PEOPLE NOT TO BUY THESE STYLE OLDER BALLASTS:

bballast.gif

they may be sh!t cheap, but they are not waterproof!!

Replaced with waterproof slimline ballsts.

Now to make up my mind which colour to go with... 3,000k yellow, 20,000 Ocean blue, 30,000k HyperDeep Blue, or Purple/pink?