Security code locked

Pittsy

Hi guys,

My first post here.

I've checked the FAQ section and couldn't seem to find anything so I'll post the questions here if I may.

1/ Battery flat today ( my son left the rear Map lights on all night ) so I jump stated the car ok, it then wanted a security code which i wasn't given by Melb City. So I foolishly tried a few too many codes and it's all locked up "contact dealer" My question, is there anything else I can do? I pulled the fuse to the radio for 30 minutes to see if it lost memory but no!

The Dealer said they have to pull the radio and reset it from the rear and it'll take 45 mins and they cannot do it for 3 weeks! ( ill ring around others on Mon )

2/ on the Presara we have the rear window blind, how can I remove the power or pull the plug once it's up? I want it to stay out all the time without having to do it manually after reversing. I've looked at the fuse Box but the rear blind was not obvious and it's silly to pull fuses that connect to who knows what.

Thanks all.

Pittsy

Edited by Pittsy

Hi guys,

My first post here.

I've checked the FAQ section and couldn't seem to find anything so I'll post the questions here if I may.

1/ Battery flat today ( my son left the rear Map lights on all night ) so I jump stated the car ok, it then wanted a security code which i wasn't given by Melb City. So I foolishly tried a few too many codes and it's all locked up "contact dealer" My question, is there anything else I can do? I pulled the fuse to the radio for 30 minutes to see if it lost memory but no!

The Dealer said they have to pull the radio and reset it from the rear and it'll take 45 mins and they cannot do it for 3 weeks! ( ill ring around others on Mon )

2/ on the Presara we have the rear window blind, how can I remove the power or pull the plug once it's up? I want it to stay out all the time without having to do it manually after reversing. I've looked at the fuse Box but the rear blind was not obvious and it's silly to pull fuses that connect to who knows what.

Thanks all.

Pittsy

Pittsy,

Firstly, Welcome to the Forum. You'll find a wealth of info here and I'm sure it will be a valuable resource for answering any queries you might have about your Presara. You've done well in going through the FAQ's first to see if the solution to your query has already been covered in there before posting your query.

If you're game enough to do a DIY reset instead of going to a dealer, have a look through the forum and I'm sure you'll find information and instructions on how to remove the head unit and center console, and try and reset the unit yourself.

For your second query, the Presara rear window blind retracts for safety reasons when the transmission selector is set to Reverse, thus allowing maximum vision out towards the rear. You shouldn't be relying too much on the reversing camera, which you inevitably will if your rear window blind is up all the time. Vision out the back with the blinds up is very borderline at best. In addition, and I might be wrong on this, I think if a cop sees you reversing with this blind up you could possibly be booked for an infringement.

I mean, seriously dude?:blink: How inconvenient is it to use your finger and push ONE button on the center console to get the blinds up again? :g:

Cheers,

BB

Im getting it reset today at a dealer for only $30 bucks. Resetting will most likely wipe all the address and phone numbers in the unit.

So, do any of you know how to transfer contacts and address from an i Phone 4 connected via Bluetooth?

I tried to do it 5 months ago and gave up in frustration!! Seeing as I've got to start again I may as well as you guys if there is a way.

Cheers

Pittsy

Edited by Pittsy

• 7 months later...

Does anyone knows what's the default security code to the Aurion Presara?

I changed my car battery today and it prompted me for the 3 digit security code. I wasn't given the security code when I purchased it from the Toyota car dealer. Can any Presara owner please advise ....?

Thanks !

Try your luck by using the last however many digits of your VIN number. So if it's only a 3 digit code, then use those last 3 digits. That's the trick with the older Corolla's as someone recently posted on the forums, you might be lucky too.

Try your luck by using the last however many digits of your VIN number. So if it's only a 3 digit code, then use those last 3 digits. That's the trick with the older Corolla's as someone recently posted on the forums, you might be lucky too.

Thanks I tried but it won't work unfortunately.

I have 3 tries left out of 9 before the system goes into lockdown position.

Seems like i have to wait till monday to bring the car to my dealer for reset :angry:

From memory it's either the first 3 digits or last 3 digits of your VIN number. Are you sure you are looking at your VIN number and not something else? The VIN number is right in front and under your driver seat (big black plastic cover)

I sent my car in to the Toyota dealer this morning to ask them to reset the security code for my Presara. Here's what they told me - the security code is normally the last 3 digit of your VIN no. If that doesn't work , then try "320" . That is the Toyota generic code from the factory. Try these 2 pin before you attempt anything else. If not once you exhausted all 9 tries, you will have to get them to reset the whole thing.

Thanks bros for your help.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

• 8 years later...
On 7/25/2011 at 9:50 AM, Golfie88 said:

security code is normally the last 3 digit of your VIN no. If that doesn't work , then try "320" . That is the Toyota generic code from the factory. Try these 2 pin before you attempt anything else.

Handy information to know/remember about the security code.