Aurion Aftermarket Parts

psikazi

Hi

My names Kam, This is my first post on this forum but i have been a random reader. I have owned a number of modified toyota's in the past, 3x jzx90 chasers, 2 x soarer, 1 x celica gt4, 1 x supra jza70 and also a number of nissans, mostly in bits though lol

This all actually started when i was looking for a family car that was safe etc for my wife to drive/ future family etc. was looking at falcon, commodores etc, ended up staying loyal to japan amd getting a Aurion Zr6 (blue) with satnav/sunroof, got it with 25,000 on the clock when it was 17 months old, i was firstly a bit disenchanted with the FWD but it kept me out of trouble and the build quality and feel of the car well exceeded my expectation. So one thing led to another and i needed a new car for my company so i ended up buying another ZR6 Aurion (silver) after an argument about who got to drive the blue aurion daily lol, Its exactly the same as the blue one in every way but silver. (zr6 + Satnav +sunroof), in the coming months ill also be getting another aurion for one of my employees.

From a modification standpoint the blue aurion (my wifes) will stay completely standard, but my silver one i plan to do some modifications to it. give it my own touch.

The only modification i have done is the stereo, I have put 6 x alpine Type R speakers in the car as well as 2 amps and a 13.3" Sub which still uses the factory satnav / bluetooth etc (sub is designed for utes so i dont lose much of my boot), cost a bit but well worth it as i drive about 1000k a week in it on average.

Where can i get good aurion aftermarket parts from, At the moment i am after 2-2.5" lowered springs as im getting 19's next week or so, and some sort of cold air induction system to get it bit of extra kick. also after a relay switch or something to disable the TRC sometimes.

Also what is the best offset to get for wheels, I want them to sit flush with the guards, I dont mind if i have to roll the guards slightly, I was thinking 19x9's +32 offset.

Future modification that i want to do is supercharge it and focus on some decent intake / exhaust, I am also after some decent suspension mods, sway bars, strut braes etc. I only want 250 ish kw at wheels so i dont think it will take much to get it to that.

Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated on where i can source some good parts,

Thanks

Kam

Welcome to both of the Aurions and the ones coming soon..

If you use the search engine, it's not hard as those topics you asked has been covered more than at least once.

For me, wheels offset to sit just nice on guards have to be staggered, some people are against it since Aurion is fwd but each to their own. The widest people tried here so far is 8-8.5 fr with +30s offset and 9.5r around +30 too. And those are in 20s.

Soon enough there'll be some1 who gonna use 10r +25 on their aurion. I'll tell you how he goes.

Most popular brands here for handling improvements is Ultra Racing Bars. Check it in e-bay / around the forum for more info.

None here has tried SC-ing their Aurion. Costs too much, too much of a hassle, warranties void, etc. Might as well just sell the Sportivo and buy a TRD.

Welcome mate. As mentioned, there are topics on this forum that discuss those mods you plan on doing. Just do a search and work your way from there. 2GR-FE engine parts are a rare find so expect to be doing a lot of searching (outside of what has been discussed here) with regards to that.

Another thing, all I am going to say is good luck if you plan on getting 250kW at the wheels. I hope you have a lot of money to spend on your car if you plan on doing so. Just a hint, drop the supercharger idea and focus on a turbo.

thanks guys,

Thats very interesting re SC, i would've expected someone to have tried it seeing that the TRD comes with it as standard. Im a bit skeptical about Turbo charging the Aurion for 2 reasons, 1 is space, there is not much room under the bonnet for it, and 2 is compression, The engine would not be able to take much turbo, Id like 250kw at the wheels but if i dont get it, its not the end of the world, I have a bit of money i am planning to spend on it this year. but its not like 10's of thousands.

I will continue to fish around and see what i can find. Managed to find some really cool things so far that have been added to my wishlist

.... i would've expected someone to have tried it seeing that the TRD comes with it as standard.

Not when a wrecked TRD Aurion is hard to find, and a new S/C from Toyota will set you back about $4000-5000, then the ECU will be another $2000-3000. Cost wise, it is cheaper to just sell your normal Aurion and buy a TRD if you want a S/C. Otherwise, turbo will win in the price department when comparing gains.

Im a bit skeptical about Turbo charging the Aurion for 2 reasons, 1 is space, there is not much room under the bonnet for it, and 2 is compression, The engine would not be able to take much turbo, Id like 250kw at the wheels but if i dont get it, its not the end of the world, I have a bit of money i am planning to spend on it this year. but its not like 10's of thousands.

Engine not being able to take much turbo... not enough space.... this guy seems to think otherwise:

2gr-fe Turbo Pics!!!

Unofficial word is that he is running about 350HP (260kW) at the wheels.

You have a good contradicting statement there. First you want a S/C and am hoping for 'only' 250kW at the wheels, then you state you don't want a turbo because the engine will not be able to take much due to the compression. You will still have to boost the engine by a similar amount regardless of which option you choose if you want the same gain.

thanks guys,

Thats very interesting re SC, i would've expected someone to have tried it seeing that the TRD comes with it as standard. Im a bit skeptical about Turbo charging the Aurion for 2 reasons, 1 is space, there is not much room under the bonnet for it, and 2 is compression, The engine would not be able to take much turbo, Id like 250kw at the wheels but if i dont get it, its not the end of the world, I have a bit of money i am planning to spend on it this year. but its not like 10's of thousands.

I will continue to fish around and see what i can find. Managed to find some really cool things so far that have been added to my wishlist

The supercharging isn't hard, all the TRD parts can be bought from Toyota - it's just that doing so is a very expensive exercise and the gains aren't worth it for the amount needed. For roughly the same money, a turbcharger (or 2) and custom ECU could be had I'd imagine which would yield a far greater gain. 250kw at the wheels is a lot for a FWD though especially one without an LSD.

Either way welcome to the forums, and especially welcome to another Aurion owner. I'm eager to see what mods you do and possibly what mods you pioneer yourself!

Welcome to the club mate.... :)

Im keen on seeing how you go with the Mods......

That said, theres a rare chance you will end up Super/Turbo charging your aurion... Then again, we just have to wait and see :)

All the best

Hey and welcome to TOCAU,

i have spoke to a few different places about supercharging the Aurion these places included Eaton(who of course was TRD's supplier) and another company whose name slips my mind but they was the Rotrex dealer, anyway they had a ECU piggyback to get around the ECU drama, i just had to get the intake manifold(which i could of got dirt cheap too silly me :( ) and the injectors and pulley assy and belt, the price didn’t work out too badly especially if i could of picked up a genuine supercharger off one of the boys here who bought one with plans of s/c there Sportivo’s but never got around to it. but i weighed it up and decided it was maybe a bit of an unknown and no doubt there’d be something else I’d need so put the idea aside especially when i seen the gains a set of headers and "CAI" can give an Aurion which would more than satisfy my power needs. But if you give it a crack then best of luck :)