New Corolla GT

Im still thinking this may not be a "real" release pdf. The resolution is different with the turbo pic with parts, its a HKS kit picture (look at the catch can at the top right of the pic) also, the form clearly says supercharger, the plumbing tells another story. That plumbing for a turbo. No reason S/C pipes to go to the rear of the engine (where a turbo would go) S/c woul dbe at the front.. The yelloow demo car must be turbocharged.

The rest of it all cool, but not convinced on the turbo/SC setup....

Yes, i want one..!

Or the kit at the least, and that carbon knob!

a few of my sources at toyota have confirm that there is def a force fed corolla being worked on at the moment ....... what people need to realise though is that sometimes these project cars dont make it to market ...... the rumour is this is the car which was being worked on when there was a massive push behind the TRD brand before the GFC took place ....... there is no indication whether it will make the aussie market but atleast if its produced then it makes it a highly likely chance that u could pick up as a kit what ever they decide to bolt on.

Im still thinking this may not be a "real" release pdf. The resolution is different with the turbo pic with parts, its a HKS kit picture (look at the catch can at the top right of the pic) also, the form clearly says supercharger, the plumbing tells another story. That plumbing for a turbo. No reason S/C pipes to go to the rear of the engine (where a turbo would go) S/c woul dbe at the front.. The yelloow demo car must be turbocharged.

Yes, i want one..!

my sources indicated that it would be S/C as opposed to turboed but u r right ..... a bit weird how they have the piping ...... would need good to get all those additional part upgrades available for some after market support

Yes, i want one..!

Someone posted the picture of this car before, the japanese said it is supercharged, not turbo

I cannot find that link here

What it says and what it shows are two different things... :blink:

Also remember TRD Australia tried to work with the ZRE too a while back, John posted pics a while back.. Like Xoom said.. it stalled dead in the still waters....

Im not doubting the fact that there is a forced ZRE, just what the pic and flyer says are conflicting...

Well, i hear that they will be working on producing it soon. Possibly at the end of 2011-mid 2012. Maybe the plans were stalled initially but this is what i hear the end product will be, i.e supercharged.

Edited by Charlie Trout

Toyota do this every couple of years in Japan.

Remember the Axio and Fielder GT Turbo special's from TRD Japan?

http://www.trdparts.jp/parts_axio-turbo.html

http://www.trdparts.jp/parts_fielder-turbo.html

The Auris concept is also posted on the TRD site: http://www.trdparts.jp/2011_conceptcar/index.html

Good to see more info, thanks. Rememer it says "Concept"

Interesting it shows the "RS" as base.. Is that a ZR? havent herd of an RS release before. (John, Im looking in your direction :blink: )

Its got the AE too, 108kW. Hmmm, so if its got the AE, then the ECU may be different, which means maybe not a direct bolt in kit for us.. Is the Valve-matic merely an oil pressure advancement or solenoid controlled? Autronic may still be needed...

Ok, it says S/C on the TRD site (which is more reassuring).. but those pipes? Why would you put a S/C on the hot side of the engine??

150kw at the flywheel, would equate to 30% less at the wheels. so almost back to 100kw, 25-30 more than what we have now... unless its boosted harder :spiteful:

I was going to say the engine pics in the PDF have just been swiped from somewhere else on the web, but the bay and grill mount are also yellow in that pic. The charger kit pic in the top corner is definately the HKS rotrex-based kit though, even has the HKS pod-of-death in the pic.

Original charger kit pic can be found here: http://www.hksusa.com/info/?id=3408

Edited by CHA54

CHA54: yep, my point exactly as why i was dubious about the whole pdf thing... I cant see Toyota or TRD swiping pics like that...

Funny how the piping on the yellow GT is very very similar to the one you posted of the turbo GT Fielder:

fgt-engine.gif

The Rotrex does have the advantage of fine tuning with the compressor wheels able to be swapped out for others..

Good to see more info, thanks. Rememer it says "Concept"

Interesting it shows the "RS" as base.. Is that a ZR? havent herd of an RS release before. (John, Im looking in your direction :blink: )

Yeah Pete it is their version of the ZR,what makes it different is that it's the first 6speed manual Auris for Japan, they've always had auto Auris's or is that Aurii? :blink:

Red optitron dash,17" rims standard and manual only in the RS..

Has the 2ZR-FAE valvematic 108kw standard