All NSw P Plates cant drive high powered cars

Grey-Rolla

Is this true that all NSW P platers cant drive high performance cars? or is only for P platers who got thier Ps within this year??? i was argueing with my friend....someone holla me to reassure me....thanks BOOOIiiiz :huh::blink:

ok the rule goes, if you get your Ps BEFORE 11th July, then you are exempt from the new laws... if you get them AFTER 11th July, then you cant drive turbocharged, supercharged, V8s, high performance 6s, or cars with engine modifications...

its total crap, but i got my Ps before then so YES!!!!!!!!!!

ok the rule goes, if you get your Ps BEFORE 11th July, then you are exempt from the new laws... if you get them AFTER 11th July, then you cant drive turbocharged, supercharged, V8s, high performance 6s, or cars with engine modifications...

this is the case in NSW.. and i think wat goodboyz said is in victoria ...

yea this is true, but my fren who just got his green Ps (after 11th july) asked the rta and they told him he was allowed 2 drive a wrx. so im a little unsure bout this law.

sounds to me this is another one of those laws thats gonna be up for interpretation and en-forced when the cops dont like the look of u etc etc etc ..... as id like to see a copper apply this law to those p platers driving porsches and bmw's up in the northern suburbs....

This will open a big can of worms but you have all got it wong...

The title should simply state

in NSW 'p' platers can't drive... :P

Before I get flamed please compare the way you get your license to the rigorous log book that is needed to be done in South Australia, with a qualified driving instructor mind you to, not just your parents saying you did 20 hours this week... and look at the amount of training that goen into actually getting your license.

What needs to change is the driver education system, don't punish 'p' platers for skills they never posessed but you are hoping they will learn... somehow???

EDIT: Since moving over here form Adelaide I've both been amazed and apalled with the ease in which licenses are handed out over here... It really is the system that is shameful...

Edited by Blue_Stivo

We have covered this topic many times before, but because I am a nice guy, here are the details....

This was found on the website for the NSW government:

www.nsw.gov.au

>> Transport

>> Licensing

>> Provisional Driver's Licence - P1 & P2

>> P1 and P2 licence conditions (Link on side of page)

NSW Government P1 & P2 Licensing Conditions

This was found on the Victorian Government Website:

www.vic.gov.au

>> Transport, Vehicles & Licensing

>> Vehicles & Licensing

>> Driving Licence (car)

>> Licencing (VicRoads)

>> Getting Your P's

>> P Driver's & High Powered Vehicles

VIC Government P Licensing Conditions

All this information was found within a matter of minutes (like about 5) for BOTH STATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will not list the vehicles for both states because they list is too long when you include all of them, but please take the time to read.

NB: COROLLA SPORTIVO IS NOT ON EITHER LIST!!!!!

In short...

NSW:

Click here for the Restricted Vehicles Guide: --> Prohibited vehicles – eight cylinder, turbo and super charged (PDF)

Click here for the Restricted Vehicles Guide: -->Prohibited vehicles – high powered six cylinder (PDF)

VIC:

Click here for the Restricted Vehicles Guide: --> HERE!!!!

The catch with the sportivo not being on the list though doesnt necissarily mean they are allow to drive one ..... As everywhere i have read a list of vehicle not to be driven i see written in really small font something along the lines which says that not all cars may be on the list and that you should check with authorities to confirm it or not .... So ok ppl who's ringing the RTA .....

There's a good article about it in the Cars Guide in todays Sunday Telegraph, apparently the RX8 and S2000 were overlooked too :D

My point exactly..... they will never document all cars and its left to the discretion of the officer ..... Another ambigious law .... Almost as good as the round about laws....

There's a good article about it in the Cars Guide in todays Sunday Telegraph, apparently the RX8 and S2000 were overlooked too :D

My point exactly..... they will never document all cars and its left to the discretion of the officer ..... Another ambigious law .... Almost as good as the round about laws....

Are there laws for roundabouts? Here in Queensland, it looks like "every man for himself"! :P

Reminds me of a classic tale from my time as an insurance claims person ... a fella rings me to lodge a claim, because his wife didn't give way at a roundabout and cleaned up an innocent person and his pride-and-joy.

I explained to him that his wife would be held responsible, to which he replied, "yeah, the cops said sumfin 'bout that, ay!" Then I asked him about how long his wife has held a licence, to which he replied, "yeah, the cops said sumfin 'bout that, too, how she's never got her licence or nuthin, ay!"

Even if I remembered identifying details, I couldn't tell you anyway, but please, be careful, you never know when this bloke (or worse, his wife or one of the thousands like her) will be on the same bit of tarmac as yourself!

Are there laws for roundabouts?  Here in Queensland, it looks like "every man for himself"!  :P

Buddha i know exactly how u feel i sum times think the same thing ..... The worst ones are when i see someone just cane it through a roundabout when i know from the direction they are coming from there is no visible way of seeing if somone was going to be coming from their right..... and thats scary cauz imagine if someone was.....

That's why the worst thing I think any bloody council of shire can do is fill all these new housing estates up with little roundabouts.

I know in the estate that I live in, they actually get used by a certain MX5 and a certain Celica and a certain Lancer as a high speed chicane.

I know I am a floo sometimes on the roads, but never like these knuckleheads inside the estate that I live in... sheez

That's why the worst thing I think any bloody council of shire can do is fill all these new housing estates up with little roundabouts.

I know in the estate that I live in, they actually get used by a certain MX5 and a certain Celica and a certain Lancer as a high speed chicane.

I know I am a floo sometimes on the roads, but never like these knuckleheads inside the estate that I live in... sheez

Absolutely ... a roundabout in good condition, with clear vision in all directions, when its quiet, can be good fun, and you don't have to be over the speed limit to enjoy it.

But yes, the risks some take are just amazing.

Hey did u guys see the 60 min or today tonight it.... was one of those type of shows regarding roundabouts and this lady that contested a charge cause she was held responsible for an accident and in 1 court she was found guilt n in another innocent....

I would have said she was guitly for not giving way to the right but she was the first one on the round about and the law states to give way to all other cars already on the round about... again, enough grey area to get you off...

very true dylan i actually thought that yep u definitly have 2 give way 2 ur right .... but since watching the show i might have to back off a little more when ever entering the roundabout even if im sure the person should have given way to me as all it takes is for this argument to come up and it could go either way..... Although in her case the evidence did point towards the fact that the other driver was entering the roundabout at a higher speed than acceptable as did u c the damage and how far it pushed the car......