Ultra Mods

httttt

Back on topic,

Would love to see a RWD TRD or maybe an AWD in the future.

Would i sell my current TRD to get one, no way, this was the first production TRD from Toyota......

I'll just have to keep the old one for the Mrs and the new one for me.

After reading this thread I've come to the conclusion that a lot of people missed the point with the TRD Aurion completely. Toyota didn't choose to make the TRD Aurion FWD, the Aurion/Camry was _already_ FWD and was always going to be FWD. If you treat the Australian TRD operations as a factory-supported aftermarket/special-vehicle-manufacturer/bolt-on-assembler then you'll get the point - much in the same way as HSV and Tickford were limited by the base Commodore/Falcon design (and would have had little say in the creation of those mass-produced base models), TRD were limited in their freedom by the base Camry/Aurion package. Toyota just decided to do a TRD version of it, which would mean retaining the chassis and main drivetrain layout - anything else would be prohibitively expensive, especially for what was essentially a bunch of guys in a shed. In short, you can only work with what you've given. For TRD to create an AWD or RWD TRD Aurion they would have to essentially re-design the whole car, and by the end it wouldn't be an Aurion anyway.

After reading this thread I've come to the conclusion that a lot of people missed the point with the TRD Aurion completely. Toyota didn't choose to make the TRD Aurion FWD, the Aurion/Camry was _already_ FWD and was always going to be FWD. If you treat the Australian TRD operations as a factory-supported aftermarket/special-vehicle-manufacturer/bolt-on-assembler then you'll get the point - much in the same way as HSV and Tickford were limited by the base Commodore/Falcon design (and would have had little say in the creation of those mass-produced base models), TRD were limited in their freedom by the base Camry/Aurion package. Toyota just decided to do a TRD version of it, which would mean retaining the chassis and main drivetrain layout - anything else would be prohibitively expensive, especially for what was essentially a bunch of guys in a shed. In short, you can only work with what you've given. For TRD to create an AWD or RWD TRD Aurion they would have to essentially re-design the whole car, and by the end it wouldn't be an Aurion anyway.

this.

The FWD 'problem' lies not with the TRD, but with its base car (camry/aurion).

If the camry/aurion was RWD or AWD the TRD Aurion would have been too. You cant cheap/easily change a cars drive layout...

And as far as i am aware, the camry will always remain FWD........which means the Aurion will also retain the FWD lay out.

We need to start bringing the RWD Toyotas from Japan. Toyota would improve its sales even more over the competition.

But the govt will never allow that as Ford and Holden would be in deeper s**t with sales than they already are.

We need to start bringing the RWD Toyotas from Japan. Toyota would improve its sales even more over the competition.

But the govt will never allow that as Ford and Holden would be in deeper s**t with sales than they already are.

There are several problems with this, and none of them have to do with the Government protecting Ford/Holden (remember Toyota are a local manufacturer too, and the Camry/Aurion combo has outsold the Falcon quite a lot, so the government would have a vested interest in local Toyota production/sales not just Holden and Ford)

1) The current RWD Toyota line-up starts at the Mark X, which is the replacement for the Mark II/Chaser etc, which (if you go back several generations) was formerly the Cressida here. This model is half a level higher in spec and thus won't completely meet our market demands, more akin to a Calais/G6 etc - there would not be anything for the base fleet model. Above that is the Crown, which is more expensive and upmarket again.

2) If they were to be locally made, it would mean a complete and utter re-tooling of the entire production line ie essentially a new factory. For a factory that sends most of its production overseas already, this is not an option

3) If they were to be imported, then the combination of higher base price + the possibility of luxury car tax would push the price out of the range of the average person and into Lexus territory. Thus, Toyota Australia would be shooting themselves in the foot by competing with themselves (which was one of the major contributors to the downfall of the American car industry)

you started it... so that would make you the commander of the man-love army, no?

I don't know what I actually find more funny.

1) The whole FWD vs. RWD vs. AWD discussion.

2) The fact the thread has gone predictably off track.

3) People wish their Aurion was so much more when they chose to buy it in the first place.

Lol. haha well it wasnt an all serious thread wasnt it based on just general ideas? and imaginations

Well, the original intention of the thread was to discuss what crazy ideas you would have for your Aurion if you had the funding. It wasn't here to start yet another FWD vs. RWD vs. AWD discussion or to point out what you may think the Aurion should have been. These things have already been talked about to a large extent and are quite pointless IMO because there is no point crying over spilt milk.

I really think this following response belongs in the Stupid Thread but anyway to keep with the imaginative, money was no object feeling of the thread.

Anyone thought of modding the Aurion to be able to fit a jet engine in? Surely it would be quicker than the POS Jet Van that always fails at the Heathcote Boxing Day drags. It literally returns faster on it's normal engine than goes down on it's jet.

No idea how it could happen though, and would be rather uncomfortable. Not to mention losing a lot of the storage space.

an Aurion ute would be cool,similar setup to the Maloo :blink:

also a convertable would be interesting,manual gearbox would also be nice

Ooh yes, an Aurion ute would be pretty cool :D I think that in a FWD an Aurion ute could actually go rather good. And being a single guy I wouldn't need the extra seats, although I do enjoy my sound system, hmmm.....

This thread likes men.

you started it... so that would make you the commander of the man-love army, no?

I guess so...

Assuming it isn't hereditary, this thread is like having a gay son..... You hadn't planned on it, but you're forced to accept it for the raging homo it is.

This thread likes men.

I guess so...

Assuming it isn't hereditary, this thread is like having a gay son..... You hadn't planned on it, but you're forced to accept it for the raging homo it is.

Now thats farken funny :lol::lol::lol::lol:

edit 5mins later....i'm still laughing my azz off,great response Taco :lol:

This thread is making me LOL!

More I think about it if I were to spend the money on the Aurion to do any of those mods I would just sell it and buy something else that has what I *would* have wanted. Which is way more than what I paid for my Aurion so the Aurion is A-okay :lol:.

I was planning on buying a VE for some time until I realised I'll be paying MORE for LESS when compared to my Prodigy so screw that, I'll keep my Rion :P

Now thats farken funny :lol::lol::lol::lol:

edit 5mins later....i'm still laughing my azz off,great response Taco :lol:

This thread is making me LOL!

yahoo.gifNow we are getting some real value out of this thread! Even if that value includes watching your gay son dance.

yahoo.gifNow we are getting some real value out of this thread! Even if that value includes watching your gay son dance.

I don't suppose your the Taco off South Park?

I don't suppose your the Taco off South Park?

Only on Saturdays