lowering options ?

I own a 2009 update Aurion atx .

I've upgraded my rims n tyres to 20" spyders with 245/35 series rubber.

I'm looking to lower my car and I'd like to hear from people who have a similar combination or any recommendations.

Thanks for any suggestions :D

Pedders seem to do an ok job, and i think you can get the adjustble ones as well which give you some fine adjustment to get your ride hights just right.

thanks guys....will check out pedders see how much and whats needed n recommended :clap:

saws n hammers may have to do $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Edited by focusnotfucus

Got quoted $690 supplied and fitted and aligned for pedderrs lowered springs, will be getting it done soon. Wishing I could stretch the budget to get coilovers but its not possible at the moment.

Got quoted $690 supplied and fitted and aligned for pedderrs lowered springs, will be getting it done soon. Wishing I could stretch the budget to get coilovers but its not possible at the moment.

I've bitten the bullet and gone the coilovers....I figure it a basic need so bugger it :Dnext on the list is either clear tail lights or exhaust note.....after me credit card recovers that is

I've bitten the bullet and gone the coilovers....I figure it a basic need so bugger it :Dnext on the list is either clear tail lights or exhaust note.....after me credit card recovers that is

Nice choice if you dont mind me asking what did they quote you? Also I think VF-X has a set of clear hybrid tail lights he is trying to sell maybe save a bit of cash there.

Nice choice if you dont mind me asking what did they quote you? Also I think VF-X has a set of clear hybrid tail lights he is trying to sell maybe save a bit of cash there.

it will be around 2 all up...the hybrid taillights have a "tad" of colour in em I think (*******!)if I'm wrong,I prefer the clearest ones

Edited by focusnotfucus

ALL DONE! It's fantastic...all credit to Mark n the boys at Pedders Osborne park for fitting extreme xa coilovers and camber kits.

The ride is firm but it drives real well and the service was great on a sat morn. I also got an invite back in a couple of weeks for a checkup.

Couldn't be happier and I'm now looking forward to washing the car n taking a couple of update snaps cheers :yahoo:

Looks awesome mate wish I could stretch things and get the coilovers :D Will have to just settle for the lowered springs which I will have fitted in a few weeks and hope my lotto numbers come up soon.

Please don't use Kings! We trialed the top of the range racing Kings for our 2 Lamborghini @ supalocracing as well as the Porsche and Evo, they sagged within weeks, Peddlers and Kings in my opinion are for Commodores the VN type, if you know what I mean lol!

There a cheap work around, and not quality , you will probably have sag issues, and in a FWD hopefuly it doesnt sag on the left as it will pull to the left more!

Go for Quality like Tein, I love my Tein suspension in the Aurion, I also have piece of mind that they are superior quality for a little bit more $$

I believed they where specially engineered by a separate team at Kings. Not the normal King line of springs division And they costed heaps! to bad they couldnt handle Targa. This is what I was told by the Engineer there anyway. There driver wouldn't buy crap.

Anyway Supaloc Racing have engineered there own suspension 20K a pop, too rich for me.

Nice one Focus...and welcome to the Click Tune & Play club ;) after playing around abit i'm sure you will find the setting you like,thats one of the great things about this mod.

Nice one Focus...and welcome to the Click Tune & Play club ;) after playing around abit i'm sure you will find the setting you like,thats one of the great things about this mod.

thanks mate...I was surprised at the lack of rubbing and interference now that she's sittin low.

all that worry for naught it seems with me big wheels.

cheers cam

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE just went back to pedders for them to look see adjust the job they did.....all good :clap:

it's now been over 2 weeks and i couldn't be happier with the coilovers,no rubbing or scrubbing on my regular travels.

i recommend this mod :D

Congrats on the mod, there great i love mine too, just out of interest what setting to you run for every day driving and for when you’re having a crack? Also do you know if they left the spring position alone or did they wind them up or down a bit?

Congrats focus, im goin in to the osb park pedders on monday to go mooore low, and for camber bolts :):)

Adamsy; im running mine at 8 front and 6 back for day driving. Will crank to about 18 front And 15 rear if im in the mood for a drive...

Congrats on the mod, there great i love mine too, just out of interest what setting to you run for every day driving and for when you're having a crack? Also do you know if they left the spring position alone or did they wind them up or down a bit?

thanks Mat. After playing around abit i prefer 8 clicks from full hard,have noticed a firm ride but real solid plant to the road so that is what i prefer.

I don't know if the spring posi was played with but when i took her back for the final check the boys made a 5mm adjustment up on the front drivers side wheel.

After the original fitting i was left with a fistful of nuts n bolts lol

now i drive away from big holes n ******* on the roadways as much as possible ( white liner now ;p) seems the faster i go over irregularities the smoother it seems.

anyways catch up soon Cam