lowering options ?

Congrats on the mod, there great i love mine too, just out of interest what setting to you run for every day driving and for when you're having a crack? Also do you know if they left the spring position alone or did they wind them up or down a bit?

thanks Mat. After playing around abit i prefer 8 clicks from full hard,have noticed a firm ride but real solid plant to the road so that is what i prefer.

I don't know if the spring posi was played with but when i took her back for the final check the boys made a 5mm adjustment up on the front drivers side wheel.

After the original fitting i was left with a fistful of nuts n bolts lol

now i drive away from big holes n ******* on the roadways as much as possible ( white liner now ;p) seems the faster i go over irregularities the smoother it seems.

anyways catch up soon Cam

Well now that's interesting that you mention that the faster you travel through pot holes new surfaces etc the smoother the ride seems, i had noticed that too but thought i must be kidding myself so there you go maybe im not just goign wacko lol.

Davo you have your set to ultra soft, is it floaty at all? well im somewhere inbetween you fellas, for everyday im 17 front and 14 rear with 20 front and 17 rear for a good drive and 23 front 20 rear for a serious crack :)

Congrats focus, im goin in to the osb park pedders on monday to go mooore low, and for camber bolts :):)

Adamsy; im running mine at 8 front and 6 back for day driving. Will crank to about 18 front And 15 rear if im in the mood for a drive...

ha ha Davo.....how low can yu go? Have you had any rub issues atall? expect any?

cheers mate Cam ;0)

Congrats focus, im goin in to the osb park pedders on monday to go mooore low, and for camber bolts :):)

Adamsy; im running mine at 8 front and 6 back for day driving. Will crank to about 18 front And 15 rear if im in the mood for a drive...

ha ha Davo.....how low can yu go? Have you had any rub issues atall? expect any?

cheers mate Cam ;0)

Nice focus, welcome to the coilovers club. I have mine installed from osb park too, running at 18 front and 16 rear for everyday driving. Shame that I have rubbing on all 4 corners and worse, I've started hearing some knocking and squeaking noise..they really annoy me...

I will have my tyres replaced and have booked in for alignment/inspection next week, hopefully they can sort everything out this time.

cheers mate Cam ;0)

sitting at a lovely 590 atm.. and expecting it to sag another 5mm maybe in the next 5-10 days.. so far so good.. will scrub on the big dips but you have to be driving over it at speed. im more worried about clearance on my angled driveway :P

cheers mate Cam ;0)

Nice focus, welcome to the coilovers club. I have mine installed from osb park too, running at 18 front and 16 rear for everyday driving. Shame that I have rubbing on all 4 corners and worse, I've started hearing some knocking and squeaking noise..they really annoy me...

I will have my tyres replaced and have booked in for alignment/inspection next week, hopefully they can sort everything out this time.

thats a bummer mslun...hope it gets sorted for yu....let me know how it go's so I know what to keep an eye/ear on cheers

Well i did some testing over the last couple of days and can confirm that foucusnotfucus and myself are not nuts, i drove over speed humps and some surface changes at different speeds and found that going at normal speeds over speed humps and same 35-40 yields better ride comfort and control then at 25-30! guess this means that’s the damper and rebound isn’t quite yet suited to where the spring comes into play but hopefully this means the suspension is working well together when the speeds come up when you’re having some fun :P Guess also the low speed ride and compliance of the stock standard Sportivo was always criticised so 19in+ wheels don’t help this haha. Interesting none the less!

• 3 weeks later...

Are the coilovers smaller in diameter than the stock spring and struts? (Clears 19x8 +45 easily?)

If one knows how to install normal struts, would that same person find installing a set of coilovers just as easy?

Adamsy, how long did it take you to install your set?

Thanks.

post-19048-0-10178300-1301196299_thumb.jpost-19048-0-59775900-1301196293_thumb.jpost-19048-0-39991900-1301196287_thumb.j:rolleyes:post-19048-0-27381100-1301196280_thumb.j

Hmmm judging by the background photos, I'd say you are from victoria park area cos those houses looks a lot like on my street or near there cos I walk my dogs in the area plus it is the only area without underground power!

post-19048-0-10178300-1301196299_thumb.jpost-19048-0-59775900-1301196293_thumb.jpost-19048-0-39991900-1301196287_thumb.j:rolleyes:post-19048-0-27381100-1301196280_thumb.j

Hmmm judging by the background photos, I'd say you are from victoria park area cos those houses looks a lot like on my street or near there cos I walk my dogs in the area plus it is the only area without underground power!

ha ha not bad dave but no i live just north of the river although i used to live in sth perth n como and have always liked your side of town B)

So 20" rims with 245-30-20's and Pedders coilovers have no problem with scrubbage?? Or do you find you are constantly making adjustments to avoid it?

no...i've had no real probs only when i've got a load on (passengers) over around 100kilos then i take it easy over bad irregularities but still no probs because now i just turn the dampener up a notch or 2 n bobs yr uncle. for regular driving and common sense no worries atall.i thought before i got the coilovers i would have scrubbing etc but was pleasantly surprised that i had no probs with the 20inch wheels/tyres.

hope that helps you out a bit

cheers cam :)

So 20" rims with 245-30-20's and Pedders coilovers have no problem with scrubbage?? Or do you find you are constantly making adjustments to avoid it?

no...i've had no real probs only when i've got a load on (passengers) over around 100kilos then i take it easy over bad irregularities but still no probs because now i just turn the dampener up a notch or 2 n bobs yr uncle. for regular driving and common sense no worries atall.i thought before i got the coilovers i would have scrubbing etc but was pleasantly surprised that i had no probs with the 20inch wheels/tyres.

Yeah, I suppose thats the whole point of having the adjustable Coil-Overs is you can make adjustments depending on the situation !! Are they a b**ch to adjust, Or is it literally a 2 minute job ? Im just struggling as to whether I should settle for a KYB Setup w/ Super lows or fork out the extra $$ and get Coil-overs put in :(

Yeah, I suppose thats the whole point of having the adjustable Coil-Overs is you can make adjustments depending on the situation !! Are they a b**ch to adjust, Or is it literally a 2 minute job ? Im just struggling as to whether I should settle for a KYB Setup w/ Super lows or fork out the extra $ and get Coil-overs put in :(

you get 4 dials 2 in the boot n 2 under the hood ( one for each wheel) you just turn for harder or turn for softer ride.back in this thread you'll see different settings liked by all the guys so it really is upto your most frequent driving requirements.if you decide to have them pro fitted then just say how low you want the wheels set to the arch n go from there...i said to pedders an inch n a half or two away from the wheel arch will do because it's a daily ride.it really is a 2 min job to dial your ride after the initial instillation.check out their site n go from there.i hope this helps yu out regards cam :)

Yeah, I suppose thats the whole point of having the adjustable Coil-Overs is you can make adjustments depending on the situation !! Are they a b**ch to adjust, Or is it literally a 2 minute job ? Im just struggling as to whether I should settle for a KYB Setup w/ Super lows or fork out the extra $ and get Coil-overs put in :(

you get 4 dials 2 in the boot n 2 under the hood ( one for each wheel) you just turn for harder or turn for softer ride.back in this thread you'll see different settings liked by all the guys so it really is upto your most frequent driving requirements.if you decide to have them pro fitted then just say how low you want the wheels set to the arch n go from there...i said to pedders an inch n a half or two away from the wheel arch will do because it's a daily ride.it really is a 2 min job to dial your ride after the initial instillation.check out their site n go from there.i hope this helps yu out regards cam :)

Oh thats awesome ! Plug and Play type convenience right there, Favouring the coil overs at the moment lol ! Yeah I think 1 1/2 " is a good benchmark, I definetly dont want $260 tyres scrubbing :( I was thinking of going with these wheels in 19" (20" looks teenage d****head spec :P)

b_biaggi_b_face.jpg

Oh thats awesome ! Plug and Play type convenience right there, Favouring the coil overs at the moment lol ! Yeah I think 1 1/2 " is a good benchmark, I definetly dont want $260 tyres scrubbing :( I was thinking of going with these wheels in 19" (20" looks teenage d****head spec :P)

b_biaggi_b_face.jpg

they look real smooth...19" 20" what's an inch between friends? lol B)

yummy yummy coil over’s! I’m still loving mine, have done some further adjusting for a nice every day ride with still good road holding ability, just need to tweak them up a few notches for some serious fun :) but a few months down the track I’m still happy as with them, only thing to look out for is to make sure he lock tabs stay locked my rear ones have both become loose not overly loose but enough so you can easily undo them with your fingers with ease twice now. Other than that there a good thing :)

U54MOT, hey mate it took a couple of hours to get the old ones out new one sin, ride height set and wheel alignment done :)

When one gets coilovers installed, what does one tell their insurance company?

Do they say their car has been lowered or that it just has new suspension, so say nothing?

When one gets coilovers installed, what does one tell their insurance company?

Do they say their car has been lowered or that it just has new suspension, so say nothing?

I'm not sure who your with but i told my insurer (Shannons) and they didn't seem to worried,and they also knew about my springs prior to the coilovers,this came in handy when i had had the hail claim.

personally i would tell them and if they don't like it find a new insurer.