HELP! Bird dropping killed paint

TEE

Only would have been 2 days or so that I realised bird poo on the bonnet of my car, 2 spots that I identified. One of it after I cleaned

it off it with water it had eaten (acidic) the clear coat leaving a 1cm which looks like a hole pretty much and the other spot is bubbled with little cracks around it. Has this happen to anyone else and what actions to take thanks heaps.

Drop of birdpoop is the worse to get on your paintwork. Try to clean off immediately after seeing it, either with high pressure wash or wipe off and get Bug/Tar Remover and clean. Leaving the bird poop on the paint just for one nite will damage your paint, it is acidic. Sometimes it cant be avoided, such is life. <_<

Hey TEE - do you have any pictures? Unfortunately as johnnie has mentioned it is basically one of the worst things that can happen to paintwork, and unfortunately if it has eaten into the clear coat then there is little you can do to save it. I've got an etching on the roof from before I purchased the car and unfortunately it just won't come out, all I've been able to do is minimise how bad it looks by using some abrasive paint products such as Meguiars Ultimate Compound.

If yours has cracked the clear coat though there's not much you can do for that other than for the panel to be resprayed. If you don't want to do that make sure you keep looking after the paintwork to lessen other contaminants and try and minimise more clear coat failure.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info peeps! appreciate it, yeh I've only touched it up with paint just so the area doesn't rust overtime..it's right theirs little that you can do once the clear coat is gone

except respraying the hole bonnet. Anyways I've pretty much kept away from trees :D

I keep these in the glovebox of both cars...

AGBDWipes1.jpg

Im not sure if there are other brands available, but these moisten/dissolve and remove the problem promptly.

Now I just need a mini Megs Ultimate Quick Detailer bottle in the car and ill be all set. :D

AGBDWipes1.jpg

Im not sure if there are other brands available, but these moisten/dissolve and remove the problem promptly.

Now I just need a mini Megs Ultimate Quick Detailer bottle in the car and ill be all set. :D

Do these also work after you eat KFC? :P

AGBDWipes1.jpg

Do these also work after you eat KFC? :P

hahahahahaha laugh.gif

• 1 month later...