pod filter

hey guys,

when i got my cai it came with a battered pod filter ( dents probably from previous owners foglights etc.)

well question is should i replace it? would it matter if i just kept it?

also any recommendations of which pod filter to get if i needed to change?

cheers.

I got a facelift and I had a heaps long one cause I got rid of my inner guard, so u can see it from outside, I had a cop inspect my wheels and tyres and u can see the pod but he never said nothing, since then that pod has fallen off and I ran over it, I had to get another one, it's now shorter.

I got a facelift and I had a heaps long one cause I got rid of my inner guard, so u can see it from outside, I had a cop inspect my wheels and tyres and u can see the pod but he never said nothing, since then that pod has fallen off and I ran over it, I had to get another one, it's now shorter.

im sorry prozak but your incredibly bad luck made me laugh a bit ha i would be raging if i ran over my own pod! :@

lol you think thats bad my m8 has ran over about 5 now, the pod sticks out of the guard just ontop of his tyre and when he hits a hardbump the car jumps and snaps the pod lol last time it got stuck in the gaurd and the tyre just fryed the pod into pieces .

hey guys,

when i got my cai it came with a battered pod filter ( dents probably from previous owners foglights etc.)

well question is should i replace it? would it matter if i just kept it?

also any recommendations of which pod filter to get if i needed to change?

cheers.

It depends on a few things;

If the Filter is a washable type like KN then you might as well keep it provided there are no holes in the filter where the dents are.

If it appears to be some El cheapo filter then you are better off replacing it with a KN or a similar type.You kill 2 birds , New filter and you can track how long you have had it for and when to clean it and 2ndly you know you will be getting the best performance out of a decent Filter.

if the filter doesnt look in the best condition you might aswell change it i will link you a Air filter shootout where apparently 3a racing have the best filter and i would also reccomend buying a k & n precharger to stop all of the unwanted dust and water from getting sucked up..

http://www.australianauto.com.au/HTML/Images/Air%20Filter%20Shoot%20Out.pdf

http://www.knfilters.com/search/wrap.aspx

I'm actually keen on a 3A pod filter aswell but not sure about the size to get for a 2zz 05 sportivo that can fit a CES CAI pipe. (Adaptor needed?)

3A is the way to go. It's cheap ($30ish) from memory, washable/reusable and was ranked 1st in flow and 2nd in filration in a test among its competitors. 3A racing is in Nunawading. You can also buy the cleaning kit and oil kit.

As for the size, it's all the standard size - 77mm neck.

Duy (KenshinX) has a 3A Racing Pod on his TRD CAI. He drives a '03 S'tivo; any questions, you can PM him. :)

For any ZRE owners in future that may come across this, 3A pods fits the ZRE Injen CAI perfectly.