Stock '09 ZRE Ride Height

Heya,

Yep, got defected today for too low. Can someone out there please measure their stock ride height ('09 hatch) from the center of the wheel cap to the top of the guard, both front and rear and list it here please. The RTA listing for minimum ride high seems far too high to me.

Thanks

Heya,

Yep, got defected today for too low. Can someone out there please measure their stock ride height ('09 hatch) from the center of the wheel cap to the top of the guard, both front and rear and list it here please. The RTA listing for minimum ride high seems far too high to me.

Thanks

Woah! that sucks man. I better be careful when I decide to lower my car.

wow dutchie how low is it? i wanna go 40-45mm :blink: if you dont find anyone maybe i can measure mine? after all im still on offroad settings :P

How long do they give you to get to the pits? Going to measure a couple of ZRE's at work,i'm curious too..

Thomas are those 225's on the Kappas?

Thanks John, have to make booking within 3 days. Then go to police and get an extension to allow me to drive around while waiting for the day. Making the call now, on hold for 15 min already....

How long do they give you to get to the pits? Going to measure a couple of ZRE's at work,i'm curious too..

Thomas are those 225's on the Kappas?

Yep, 225/45R17, so this car would be sitting just slightly higher than 'completely' stock Corolla with 205/55R16.

So the 'stock' measurements would be:

- ground to wheel arch would be 2.54mm shorter

-centre of centre cap to wheel arch would be 1.27mm shorter

Just measured a 09 Ascent and facelift Conquest Pete and both were F 375mm and R 410mm give or take a mm or two.. The way they're parked and amount of fuel is a factor but again minimal difference...

Interestingly enough, 3 other Corolla hatches i haven measured today also fall under the SA minimums.

I have contacted the engineers at Regency park Inspection station and raised this issue.

All vehicles should have a lee-way of lowering amounts, generally 1/3 of full suspension travel. Clearly, this isnt the case with the Corolla hatch numbers listed.

So hopefully this afternoon we shall rectify this problem by checking the national database...

It seems that one person(me) actually putting his foot down may indeed help all the owners of Australia's number one selling vehicle and avoid this problem from happening.

Damn pete. Sad news. Fortunately for me, still riding over mountain height. 100mm clearance throughout the whole vehicle underneith is the rule of thumb here in VIC. The police have a trolley tool they used to roll under the car and if it hits, then big yellow sticker for you. <_<

Seems i have just scraped in with heights on the stock OEM sus. Front and rear by 5mm.

Therefore, South Australian minimums are NOT correct, they do not take into account the 1/3 of suspension travel, or 100mm clearance in their tolerances.It seems NO ONE is willing to recognise this, noteven the head engineer at the states biggest Inspection station.

The Federal Minimums also seem to be incorrect, allowing:

F=375 R=369

According to ADR requirements, the front and rear MUST be lowered in equal amounts.

Lets see how tomorrow goes...

Passed inspection by 5mm, if i was seated in the car it would be considered detectable. Inspector also stated that the ride height supplied is wrong, and should be amended. Still defect tho as i need to install an eye-height brake light, as my TRC spoiler doesnt have one. SO still defected till tomorrow arvo..