Huey's "Illest" Facelift ZRE

itsmehuey

Freakennnnn awesome! :lol:

Like this?

th_IMGP3553.jpg

Haha thanks pete. And yes, like THAT!!

..And now for a few more shots in the apartment carpark.. lighting is still a p.i.t.a.... oh well, it's the best I could work with, for now :) seriously need a DSLR.. *writes down on x-mas wishlist*

img03752ws.jpg

img0374tr.jpg

img0377kg.jpg

Had to play around with some of the effects on Camera+ due to the sh@thouse lighting in the carpark. iPhone4 camera is quite useless in poor lighting. Took the photos after coming back from dinner with the missus and told her to stay in the car so it would be lower. She kinda took offense to that and was like "are you calling me fat?" lol *double facepalm*

Dude, that is sooo fricken nice!!!! Well worth the empty wallet! Next mod: Front lip?

Thanks man lol

Front lip? maybe, but won't be until late this year/early next year. my wallet HATES me right now.

I'm thinking TRD front lip + Modellista Rear spats. Fk the sideskirts - not worth paying ~$700 for new ones; I'll wait till second hand ones become available then mayyybbee I'll get the sideskirts after the frontlip and rear spats.

Lol my gf isn't fond of the stiffness yet (I lol'ed at what I just typed).

As long as you don't neglect your gf, that's alright lol

If you want to get camera gear, have a look at DWI; I bought my lens from here. Looking at prices, I would have saved $500 buying my camera from here rather than in store.

Opposed to traditional SLR design, might want to have a look at compact cameras with SLR lenses; such as http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/store/product.asp?idProduct=3004&idImage=1

good work my friend. looking good

on a side note, if you want a DSLR get it from the USA or canada.

You will save anywhere between 200-800 dollars depending on what you get.

I know i saved 800 on mine by getting it over in the states

Thanks buddy; got nothing on your low :)

I'd be a bit worried about warranty claims on imports. That'd be the only reason I wouldn't go for that option; but that's a hell of a saving!

Lol my gf isn't fond of the stiffness yet (I lol'ed at what I just typed).

As long as you don't neglect your gf, that's alright lol

If you want to get camera gear, have a look at DWI; I bought my lens from here. Looking at prices, I would have saved $500 buying my camera from here rather than in store.

Opposed to traditional SLR design, might want to have a look at compact cameras with SLR lenses; such as http://www.dwidigita...=3004&idImage=1

Haha She's usually in the car with me :P

Thanks Pete, will sure to have a look at them when I'm in the market for one!

Going to be a while though, my rear bumper needs a fix/replacing.. sigh :(

oh damn. what happened to the rear bumper?

I can vouch for the micro four third cameras dwee suggested. i shoot with them since i got sick of carrying around a bulky DSLR. They're nice and small like a digital camera but have the quality of a DSLR. Also you can interchange the lens between different brands. i.e i use panasonic lens on the olympus body.

If you look for one, either get a panasonic or olympus, they're currently the best in this area. Also they just came out with their new models.

Was reversing into parking and thought I pushed my shift into D to move a bit forward after i finished backing up but think it didn't lock in all the way so ended up going backward into the suv behind. 

No damage to the suv at all but my rear bumper dinted in and the top part cracked. Got out and had a look at the damage and the dint popped back into place but still have crack on top of rear bumper. 

So fkn guttered. Think I was just too drained out from whole week to concentrate on what gear it was in. And after just spending $$ on coils too. Ffs. 

Was reversing into parking and thought I pushed my shift into D to move a bit forward after i finished backing up but think it didn't lock in all the way so ended up going backward into the suv behind. 

No damage to the suv at all but my rear bumper dinted in and the top part cracked. Got out and had a look at the damage and the dint popped back into place but still have crack on top of rear bumper. 

So fkn guttered. Think I was just too drained out from whole week to concentrate on what gear it was in. And after just spending $$ on coils too. Ffs. 

which reminds me i need to repair my rear bar as well <_<

is it visible ? cos mine has paint cracks only, no damage to it, gna re paint it hopefully by the end of this week,

Thanks Jeffy; love my baby.. so the damage was quite painful.

Yeh it's visible. Take photos later. So gutted... Can feel the actual raise in the bumper where the crack like is.

EDIT: Photos as mentioned. I don't know whether this is going to be cheaper (and if actually possible) for a panel beater to fix, or if I'll have to go through my insurance and pay $650 basic excess + $300 additional excess for not having my license for 2 years.

img0400vh.jpg

img0401dt.jpg

img0396ch.jpg

img0395o.jpg

so ... yeah, fk... and my car needs another wash.

Damn Huey that sucks! Especially after forking out all that cash for the coilovers. Hopefully they can fix it by doing some plastic welding or something.

I'd have to say apart from the new crack the only thing I don't like about this car is the Melbourne City Toyota number plate surrounds.

damn man thats unlucky. Hope it doesnt cost too much to get it fixed

hopefully not.. put a lot of money into the coilovers -_-

Damn Huey that sucks! Especially after forking out all that cash for the coilovers. Hopefully they can fix it by doing some plastic welding or something.

I'd have to say apart from the new crack the only thing I don't like about this car is the Melbourne City Toyota number plate surrounds.

Yeah man hopefully. I don't know if there's possibly some internal damage behind the rear bumper though, so that's what worries me most.

And yep, the Melb City Toyota Number plate surround will be removed very soon.

And yep, the Melb City Toyota Number plate surround will be removed very soon.

ooo can i have it ? ive been meaning to get a black surround, but been lazy :3