Whats a good price for Sportivo?

Hi guys!!

This is the first time I'll be posting here and I need some of u guy's help...

I was thinking of buying a WRX but when I found out the insurence on the car its self was almost as big as loan repayment, so, I have been thinking of getting a corolla Sportivo instead which the desgin of the car is equally as good (or better ) and the performance is up there plus cheaper insurence

Now, to my question. I am almost at buying stage but I'd like to know what the guys payed for their sportivo (in Australia) And also some quidelines so I can go to the dealers with some sort of knowledge about discounts that they may be able to offer.

I have read that some of u guys have ur families workin for toyota which intitles u for 21% discount :o but whats a good price for an average customer??

Thanks in advance for ur help!!! Cheers!! :)

Oh, And one more please. Anyone know a good site to have a look at all the different types of sportivos? I find it little hard to find variety of them on the net.

P.S. lucio_libre, I found it Cheers!! :)

Hi Karolla, welcome to the forum. I purchased mine from a dealer in Sutherland, NSW and paid AD$33500 driveaway. The price included floor mats, window tint, Sportivo front grill, Sportivo rear skirt (which needs your exhaust tip modified to fit), paint and interior protection. I am sure there are other guys on this forum who got it for less, so it would be best to wait for the other guys' input.

The Sportivo goes great because it has a revolutionary engine from Toyota and Yamaha. A WRX is a totally different performance car though and it would be quicker than the Sportivo point to point (i used to own one). It all comes down to what sort of performance car you prefer to drive and own cos they have very different characters. The WRX relies more on torque to balst off the line while the Sportivo is like a real race car screaming to 8000 plus rpm :lol: So go test drive both and see which car you like better. The insurance prmiums as you mentioned would be through the roof for Turbo cars. I paid $4000 for WRX and now $1200 for Sportivo. Have you also considered an Integra Type-R? A little overpriced though.

Zee

HI Zee!!

Thanks for your INFO :) Yeah, it would be nice if I can get others samples of price paid for the car. I have also read past post in regards with the pricing but I though maybe with time past since its debut , price could be more flexible...

I have work colleagues who own a 03 WRX and also lucky enough a 03 type R Integera and have gone for rides in it and both cars are very nice. That was why I intially wanted to get a WRX with a blasting 0-100 :)

Anyways, I have always liked Sportivo and I think as I mentioned it before it suits me better with cost of insurence etc... Unfortunatly, no colleagues of mine owns a Sportivo so I guess I have to test drive one soon :P

Just another question. I've read that there has been few problems with Sportivos... Is it something that I should be worried about?

Thanks!

HI Zee!!

Thanks for your INFO :) Yeah, it would be nice if I can get others samples of price paid for the car. I have also read past post in regards with the pricing but I though maybe with time past since its debut , price could be more flexible...

I have work colleagues who own a 03 WRX and also lucky enough a 03 type R Integera and have gone for rides in it and both cars are very nice. That was why I intially wanted to get a WRX with a blasting 0-100 :)

Anyways, I have always liked Sportivo and I think as I mentioned it before it suits me better with cost of insurence etc... Unfortunatly, no colleagues of mine owns a Sportivo so I guess I have to test drive one soon :P

Just another question. I've read that there has been few problems with Sportivos... Is it something that I should be worried about?

Thanks!

Hmm, getting sensitive here ;) To be fair to you mate, i personally would have gone for the Type-R if not for the very affordable Sportivo and also the practicality you get with a Corolla. I have 2 Hondas in my garage and they are just very well built and reliable cars. Even now, i am still a Honda fan. Not saying Toyotas are shabby, but the Corolla Sportivo is built in South Africa and down to a price to be very affordable for young lads like us. Look at the Celica, it is built in Japan and costs AD$15,000 dearer but shares the same engine and gearbox with the Sportivo. Personally, the Sportivo is a fun and practical car to drive and great if you want an all-in-one package and nothing very outstanding except the engine. As shown in this forum, the Sportivo is not the tightest of cars but still a Toyota and i believe is better than a Mazda, Pugeot or Renault in the same price range. Hope that helped :lol:

Zee

Welcome aboard Karolla, glad you could make it. If you live in Melbourne i'll be more than glad to take you for a spin or even better, come to the Auto Salon expo and there will be a couple more guys. The quality of these cars is not bad, they just have minor problems with vibrating dashes etc, you can look at previous topics to learn more, they have all been discussed. Apart from that feel free to ask anything, someone will reply with an answer :D .

Welcome aboard Karolla, glad you could make it. If you live in Melbourne i'll be more than glad to take you for a spin or even better, come to the Auto Salon expo and there will be a couple more guys. The quality of these cars is not bad, they just have minor problems with vibrating dashes etc, you can look at previous topics to learn more, they have all been discussed. Apart from that feel free to ask anything, someone will reply with an answer :D .

Thanks man, very kind or u to offer a ride in one! :lol: But I actually live in Syd so I'll just have to test drive one from the dealer :)

Any good sites on Pics of SPORTIVOS? or is there a photo gallery in this forum cuase I can't find one... I saw one in the US forum but not many of the sportivos there. I'd love to see how u guys have mod the car. :lol:

I think E-Gene seems to hold the best price here @ $24995 +OTR from Melbourne City Toyota for a new '03 build white 'tivo.

Say what!? :o Geez, I can't believe the prices vary so much... Any good prices in Syd??

Sydney tends to be more expensive in every thing from even a can of coke. I wonder if shopping in a different suburbs will make differences in terms of price.

Thanks for the info :)

AD$24995 :o Sounds like i seriously got ripped off :( Still a BFYB though, cannot get any better :lol: !

Karolla, if you would like to view some pics of my car they are in the Australian TOC photo gallery:

Australian TOC Members Motors

My Sportivo's pics should be on page 8. It's a black sportivo with front grille and rear skirt. There are also pics of the other guys' sportivos so you should have a good time looking through them.

Zee

Lane Toyota (glen waverley) had the same deal on today (Sat 14 ) in the age for $24990 + on road cost which adds up to $27800 drive away. They have a Red one which is sold and a white one which is still avail. when i spoke to them last (2:30pm). Dididn't buy it as i wanted the red one :(

The car is sep 2003 build but will be plated 2004 as it is not registered yet.....

I think E-Gene seems to hold the best price here @ $24995 +OTR from Melbourne City Toyota for a new '03 build white 'tivo.

Yup, MCT had an ad in the papers for 3 2003 Stivos going at $24995 + On road cost. There wasn't much that they could move from that price even after 4 hours of intense negotiations. Got it for $28,000 drive away including tint and floor mats.

I believe that this was a once off thing. They said that they used this low price to attract customers to MCT and hopefully buy other cars as well.

Thanks guys for your infos!! :D Now I feel like I won't be an easy fish when I go to those dealers for a Spotivos :P

Zee, thanks for the link! I spent some time looking through the gallery and I saw ur ride as well :) Very Nice!!

So many choices of colours, difficult to choose one :D

I'll be visiting this forum time to time till I make my mind up on colours etc.. so I'll be here to get more infos and pics of it as I look forward in hearing ur experinces with the car :)

Cheers!!

Welcome aboard Karolla :D

you have ceratinanly picked a top car and a top place to discuss this great ride :)

24,995 DAMN!!!!

I though my 29,015 with paint prot, trd grill, mats, personalised plates & onroad was good :( That was from Ross Llewellyn Motors Ipswich QLD (dec 03 built 04 compliant)

Any good sites on Pics of SPORTIVOS? or is there a photo gallery in this forum cuase I can't find one... I saw one in the US forum but not many of the sportivos there.

usa only has sedans and a sportivo would be privately imported.

sportivo = australia

rsi = south africa

runx = japan

tsport = europe

Any good sites on Pics of SPORTIVOS? or is there a photo gallery in this forum cuase I can't find one... I saw one in the US forum but not many of the sportivos there.

usa only has sedans and a sportivo would be privately imported.

sportivo = australia

rsi = south africa

runx = japan

tsport = europe

GT=New Zealand (Looks the same as Sportivo)

isn't the matrix essentially usa's equiv???

the lowest the dealer would go for the silver 03 in stock was 28000 so i'm getting a red for 28700, and that is in tas where you normally don't get as good prices.

i found a site: www.carbroker.com.au

they can get u good quotes(for a small fee) so it saves time by not going to bargain.

they gave me this price: just under $32000

with these options:

Paint Protection

Fabric Protection

rear skirt (rear bodykit)

sports grille

metal pedals

extended warantee (+3 years)

mats

yesturday i thought that was a good deal, but now that i see sport1vo price i see that they are still taking too much of my cash.

i have posted a couple of times about lane toyota (all their dealerships). they are unreliable and poorly trained. i know i might have caught them on very bad days but i have gone from front line sales to senior management and i cannot say anything positive about them.

i believe i am fair and reasonable because my needs have been easily met with lane's competitors.

i understand lane has advertised very attractive prices but if you live in victoria you have the advantage of going to australia's LARGEST dealership which is brighton toyota. i am sure it is clear to see buying power and scale of economy in all toyota cars and genuine parts.

please do not rush into purchasing a new car. when we were serious to make a sale the dealer was firm and would not give us much when we haggled. surprisingly when we were fooling around going on test drives and faking a sale we got $10k off. we could not refuse and purchased this car.