Which Insurance

Pah

Hi Guys,

Just wondering what insurance company you guys use. Just got my renewal and its gone up $80 from last year.

Cheers

Peter

Hi Guys,

Just wondering what insurance company you guys use. Just got my renewal and its gone up $80 from last year.

Cheers

Peter

toyota insurace

Let's just say cheapest isn't always best !

For years I had house and cars with AAMI because they were cheap. That was until I had to claim.

The incident involved me hitting another vehicle, but was actually due to the other party, something that I was able to prove to AAMI. They however saw it as too hard to fight for me and simply pinned the blame on me.

Then I needed the repair done. Didn't allow me to take my vehicle to where I wanted, instead it had to go to this backyard operation because they severly under quoted everyone else. The result, a crap repair that saw me return for warranty work at least a dozen times.

Switched to NRMA, costs me approx 15% more, but I have the choice to send my vehicle to whoever I choose and they are more than happy to listen to anything I have needed from them. Even supplied an A-Class Merc while the Aurion was away !

Switched from Toyota Insurance to RAVC prior to the renewal date because RACV offered a cheaper quote and don't force their customers to pay by credit cards or direct debit. I've noticed RAVC prices are fairly competitive and reasonable these days compared to the other giants such as AAMI and Allianz.

this year I was gonna switch from NRMA ($1400) to AAMI ($1000)

didn't get around to do it

many years ago in an accident the other party lied

NRMA was gonna take away the no claim bonus

our neighbour was able to be a witness for us

the other party, seeing the seriousness, backed down

I think many lie and get away with it

if you were keen on your case...

(and not your money and time) you could have taken legal action

successful or not it shows the other party a sense of seriousness

maybe they won't start the lie next time

maybe all cars should have those $30 cameras on ebay

Well just did an online quote with NRMA and it came back at $1123 for the same coverage that GIO are charging $680 and AAMI $545.

Insurance is very subjective to the individual. What works well for someone and/or may be more cost efficient, does not necessarily mean it is going to be the same for someone else. You are always best doing your own shopping around and selecting what is best for you based on your own needs and requirements.

For every good story from someone about an insurance company, you will always have a bad story. So try not to view everything from one side if you start hearing only good things cause you may disappoint yourself later.

I have been with AAMI since owning the Aurion, and have found them fairly good to work with and cheap, plus happy to accept my current mods without increasing my premium. I have been in one semi-major accident where a truck drove over my front end (he was at fault, and the Police at the scene agreed although no charges were laid). Since then this dodger hasn't paid his dues and now my insurance company are taking him to court - they have kept me informed of every step along the way even though no action was required on my part except obtaining the Police Report number.

As already stated though, there are no perfect insurance companies and at the end of the day they're all about turning a profit hence their will always be good stories and bad references to every company out there under the sun. I prefer to take them all with a grain of salt, obviously the bad stories will focus on the bad and people naturally tend to omit certain details that may cast the agency in a better light. Remember we're all meant to read the product disclosure statement before we sign up, most people don't (myself included) but then cry poor when something goes wrong.

With me for AAMI it's not a case of the lesser of two evils, but rather sticking with the devil you know

just bear in mind that if you go for nation-wide insurer, you renewal most probably (99.99% chance) increase. for anyone who has forgotten, in the last year or so there's been severe hail storms in WA, VIC QLD, and SA, in addition to flooding in QLD, NSW and VIC, and cyclones in NT and QLD.

their costs go up, your costs go up - it's only logical.

Try insuring them as a taxi ! QBE were going to charge me $3400 this year, they got told ! got CGU $2300 this year. pays to shop around or find a broker who can help you.

Before I bought my Aurion I was with Justcar (I think they are a subsiduary of AAMI).. I had an extremely minor accident where a girl backed into the front end of my car and stuffed my fibreglass bumper... I only had third party at the time but I called Justcar for advice on what to do and even though it had nothing to do with them the consultant made sure I understood how it will work and how to protect myself in the case that the other person wouldnt accept being at fault...

Since buying the Aurion I have moved onto AAMI comprehensive.. The consultants seem very helpful with 24/7 enquiry lines and you get 1 free windscreen replacement per year !!.. Being a P-Plater under 20 It was hella expensive but AAMI was still the cheapest... Hopefully I never have an accident where I do have to claim, but if I do then I guess i'll find out what they are really like ??