Daytime Running LEDs

lasertip

I saw these on ebay recently.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-11-Toyota-Aurion-Camry-OEM-Driving-CCFL-Fog-Lights-/170658423142?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27bc08e166

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-09-Toyota-Aurion-Camry-OEM-Driving-CCFL-Fog-Lights-/170658423107?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27bc08e143

They're a combination of daytime running lights (in this case 'angel eyes') and fog lights. At least they don't look like an add-on.

Edited by xpedite

actually its the shipping from Europe that brings the price up

it appears Hella kits are otherwise price competitive with Philips kits

I google on it and people from various forums were waiting for a local supplier of Hella LEDayFlex

there may be other Hella kits avaliable from local supplier though

Just chanced upon a german ebay seller. Based on my vast window shopping, I can say that his products are very well priced. BTW he sells hella LEDay and philips daylight as well. Best prices with low shipping costs. Just thought that anyone might want to check there =)

http://stores.ebay.de/Auto-Lamp24

actually its the shipping from Europe that brings the price up

it appears Hella kits are otherwise price competitive with Philips kits

I google on it and people from various forums were waiting for a local supplier of Hella LEDayFlex

there may be other Hella kits avaliable from local supplier though

Just chanced upon a german ebay seller. Based on my vast window shopping, I can say that his products are very well priced. BTW he sells hella LEDay and philips daylight as well. Best prices with low shipping costs. Just thought that anyone might want to check there =)

http://stores.ebay.de/Auto-Lamp24

I sourced my DRL from german ebay sellers. They have better products with very reasonable price.

You just have to shop around and look for a better deal.

I agreed with you.

It is quite pricing but I have say this is the easiest DIY installation for DRL (no switch required, no soldering & cutting of wires - direct plug & play).

The one you found from ebay is not a bad one.

All you need is a DRL module to turns on automatically at the start of the engine and turn off when engine is off.

The module is very easy to install simply connect it directly to battery's positive and negative terminals, not only will avoid a lot of complicated installation such as finding and cutting stock wiring and allows you to have the "true" key-in-and-on daytime running lights function.

You can get the DRL module from this seller.

http://store.ijdmtoy...auto-switch.htm

do you know anyone shop in melbourne?

You can get the DRL module from this seller.

http://store.ijdmtoy...auto-switch.htm

do you know anyone shop in melbourne?

Actually, if you read my post above, I do mention that it doesn't work with the aurion!

I think that the Philips kits work with the aurion since a few members have mentioned that they installed it in their car with results.

For installation by professional then Philips kit at Autobarn is the best option at the moment,

For DIY, you can try lasertip method, if you want the automatic on/off switch go to german ebay site, you could pick up one at quite a reasonable price.

• 1 month later...

each to their own :)

Nice! I never thought that those would go well with the aurion but you proved me wrong :P

I'm switching mine to LED strips around the headlights. Waiting for them to come in

each to their own :)

Nice! I never thought that those would go well with the aurion but you proved me wrong :P

I'm switching mine to LED strips around the headlights. Waiting for them to come in

thanks :), I was anxious on how they would look, but I am happy with the results :)

• 10 months later...

I'm impartial to DRL's... For example glorified commodores with DRL's just ***** me off.

But the DRL's on the new Merc's and the Hyundia Velocitor look wicked (imo.)

Otherwise I'd also like an update! Been watching this thread for a while :P

I'd like to fit the philips DRL 5 to my Presara but would like to know what the guys that have fitted them to their cars think?

Work ok?

Look good?

Not bright enough?

Etc

Thanks.

Hey guys,

I was thinking of getting a set of daytime LEDs like the ones here:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170546574338&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I want to put in a kill switch beside the parking sensors as well.

Because I'm a total noob at modding, I was thinking of connecting them to the ciggy lighter in parallel with an inline kill switch to cut power to both LEDs like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230492062561&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Is that a good idea? Or is there any other better option?

Thanks!

i installed my self last night took me few hours to do it ,,, first time always takes time hahahaha this pair cost me $35 free shipping from melb.. jap brand.. i tryed to call few installer to do it they all want $100+ i told them to get a life LOL gallery_20400_1181_1992625.jpg Edited by Shadow_

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to fit the philips DRL 5 to my Presara but would like to know what the guys that have fitted them to their cars think?

Work ok?

Look good?

Not bright enough?

Etc

Thanks.

I fitted the Philips DRL 5 to my Touring, I am impressed, very bright, there is a slight delay when you turn on the park lights or the ignition off before they go out but that looks cool if you like that sort of thing, some pics enclosed. Though in pic three all the lights are on they are now wired so they only come on by themselves and turn off as soon as park to switched on, this is a legal requirement. Bodykits kingdom sell a set that go in the fog lamp chrome surround, they look more factory but not sure how they perform, you can find them on their site or on ebay by searching 'Aurion'.

post-27452-0-57993000-1344128692_thumb.jpost-27452-0-58651700-1344128768_thumb.jpost-27452-0-17220400-1344128810_thumb.j

Edited by SATORI893

Thanks. Looks good.

I searched the bodykits kingdom site and found the DRL'S in the Fog Lights.

It says Aurion 09 up, so I assume that they won't fit my 2008 Presara?

The LED bulb upgrade to all interior lights, don't mean to appear stupid but how do I do that mod?

Also I wanted to upgrade my headlights but Auto barn tech looked at my car and told me I couldn't touch the factory installed low beam HID lights.....?

Cheers.

The LED bulb upgrade to all interior lights, don't mean to appear stupid but how do I do that mod?

Also I wanted to upgrade my headlights but Auto barn tech looked at my car and told me I couldn't touch the factory installed low beam HID lights.....?

Cheers.

Most car shops have LED bulbs to suit most car interior applications and types of bulbs, I have gotten some good cheap ones off eBay and if you have a Jaycar electronics store near you they have a decent range, sizes, colours, sometimes you have to try them out 1st, LEDs project light forward and not so much around as a standard bulb but now you can get ones that have SMD LEDs down the sides and on the top, these are great but sometimes the light can be narrow and it depends on the placement of the bulbs behind the lens/plastic diffuser. you can get some good results with a bit of trial and error and shopping around. You just get the same type base (T10 wedge or festoon) and swap them over, you have to have them round the right way, negative and positive wise, if it doesn't work just pull it out and put it back in with the terminals reversed.

As for your low beam they may be Xenon High Intensity Discharge (HID) bulbs and you can't get better than that. Hope that helps.

Edited by SATORI893

Hi,

Had the Philipps DRL 5's fitted at Autobarn, I think they look good.

I also has the tech install a LED in the boot and the main interior light. The boot is better than before but I really like the bright white interior light now.

Might get keen and upgrade the rest of the interior lights and also the parkers too.

Cheers