SD's ZRE152 08

YE34OK

Hey Guys, after being on the forums for a month sussing everyone else's cars out and doing a bit of research on mods the time has come that I was bothered to take some pictures of the car and come post in here :whistling:

Bought the car brand spanking new (with parents aid hahaa) as a daily since driving a R34 everyday was impractical :( Sold the R34 2 years ago and kept driving the Rolla and only recently thought.. hmmm why not modify it slightly? :blink:

Therefore, today comes my first minor mod: Debadging the *backside* of my hatch.

post-24577-0-39645400-1316675094_thumb.j

Things to come in the foreseeable future:

1. Coilovers - BC Racing $1700 fitted

2. Custom Exhaust. Nothing fancy

3. Shorter Antenna - stock ones is hideous imo

4. Wheels - something Jap spec that'll sit flushish with the guards :D need tyres!

Cheers

post-24577-0-10093600-1316675104_thumb.j

post-24577-0-98191800-1316675109_thumb.j

post-24577-0-67636300-1316675116_thumb.j

post-24577-0-80525900-1316675122_thumb.j

If anyone else knows after Coilovers for it could you give me any advice?? I know a couple of you's e.g. Dutchie got Pedders. How are they and how pricey?

Hey hey,

Firstly, welcome to the club! B)

Re coil overs.

A few of us are running Pedders, no hassles on anyone's cars yet, and full backup if there is an issue, and variable spring rates if the standard ones are too harsh or too soft for your application.. I think prices range from AU1550-1700 depending on which outlet, around another AU300+ for install and alignment.. Ive been most happy with mine. A few other guys are running various Jap coilovers.

haah thanks mate :)

i don't have enough Dosh for those then =/ wheels are on the agenda soon as well so need to save every penny. Will update this when I get the BC's.

p.s. Next Syd meet I should be coming yayyaa

I sure will Peter! Thanks Guys, Good to see/know people are just as friendly on this forum.. most of my mates are Nissan drivers har har so they're either on hardtuned or skylinesaustralia :P

Vinh: I swear i've seen your car or one that looks just like it when I was driving on the M4 in Syd. That thing stood OUT. love the jdm aspect ;)

update on mods: my mate told me to try this smoke type 'film' to put on the tail lights that was on ebay.. was only $20 or something from the US so meh why not

Vinh: I swear i've seen your car or one that looks just like it when I was driving on the M4 in Syd. That thing stood OUT. love the jdm aspect ;)

update on mods: my mate told me to try this smoke type 'film' to put on the tail lights that was on ebay.. was only $20 or something from the US so meh why not

Could it be maybe one of these 2 that you saw on the m4 ;)

312363_10150277281912111_602282110_8302088_3587847_n.jpg

Huey: i doubt i'll get harassed by the cops in a corolla :P lol if it comes down to that it's not hard to take off apparently..

William: I think it was the one with Black rims. It had the black front garnish thinggo (whatever it's called)

Huey: i doubt i'll get harassed by the cops in a corolla :P lol if it comes down to that it's not hard to take off apparently..

William: I think it was the one with Black rims. It had the black front garnish thinggo (whatever it's called)

Yeah, he has the garnish :)

Yeah, he has the garnish :)

How far West do yous live?? Going to the M4 premeet tomorrow ?:D

Lol i live in rockdale but i work at concord so i go on the m4 quite a bit for work :) mate with the black wheels lives in penrith.

I will be at the meet tomoz :)

coolies.. I was coming for sure.. but i don't know now. Mates are meeting up for dinner after a long time so yeh. thats 6.30 tho so i'll try n leg it as quick as I can to greenacre

ON the modding side of things: Bought Carbon Fibre 3M wrap vinyl. Should arrive next week. What is it for?? wait and find out ;)

Received this today mmmmmm

post-24577-0-31313300-1317085445_thumb.j

Also, bought my COILOVERS today :yahoo: BC Racing RA Type to fit the ZRE152

Pic of Invoice if others want to see & compare who's doing it all and how much. Mark also quoted me $300 for fitting and $66 for wheel alignment.

post-24577-0-02964300-1317085878_thumb.j

Can't wait till it's semi-dumped :rolleyes:

haha yeh sure did :) I was thinking about springs but I knew i wouldn't be totally happy hehe They have to be ordered in though, so 7-10working days wait for me..

Also, regarding the BC's i read somewhere on here that the RA's were for the ZZE and the RS's are for the ZRE. However, to clarify this the ZRE comes in both.

The difference is:

RA's - rubber tops, pillow mounts, front camber adjustable which is what he advised me to get. Just cause it's better and still the same price!!

time to put some phat rims and dial in some camber? :spiteful:

Damn the delivery people come way too early in the morning!! (8am)

Received my 'shortened' aerial and put it on lol It's short, black and hard hhhmmmmmm

anyways pics:

post-24577-0-02863200-1317252874_thumb.jpost-24577-0-46203100-1317252849_thumb.jpost-24577-0-74599300-1317252834_thumb.j

PlatiDipped the badges before going to Uni yday.. looks OK i guess. Front looks good but not sure about the rear, makes it look too plain?

pics:

IMAG0199.jpg

IMAG0197.jpg

IMAG0198.jpg

forgot to take pics of the rear lol. i'll get em by tonight. On another note, car is booked on friday for coilover installation :clap:

cheers mate :) Had 2 goes at the front. First time i put too much on so it turned out crappy (like Jeffy lol) Definitely suits the front. Too much chromey with the big a$$ headlights etc

edit* Just wondering, but the 2 round circle lids on the front bumper, do they just pop out for the tow hook?

Yeahh went nuts with it, jst bombarded it with spray cos it looked shiny, hehehe.

Looks freakin tuff! I've gotten gotten a lot of positive feedback from my mates already :P

Just wondering, but the 2 round circle lids on the front bumper, do they just pop out for the tow hook?

Jst get a flat head screwdriver and a cloth, it'll pop out,