New Moderators

Danthuyer

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

skitzo was put down for the WA moderator but he's hardly here these days seeing as he has his rex now...

if he wants to be a mod, he definately has my vote for WA...

Why ...he owns a rex not a Toyota....This is a Toyota forum. Whilst I am happy to stay on the forum I am a Honda owner now. Anyone who moderates on this forum should be a Toyota owner only. You are losing the point and no offence meant...But as your comment states "he is hardly here these days seeing as he has his rex now" so why should he be a moderator it needs some one who is on here a lot and has an interest with the brand. Though I still do moderation tasks (and yes I do do them) I am on here a lot less than I used to because I changed car manufacturer.

yeh thats fair enuf, its better to have a toyota owner simply because of better product knowledge, i can't see a civic driver helping me with specific problems like how to fit a TRD CAI

i think it would be a better idea to have a few more for the corolla section as its the most used on the forums?

To be honest guys, this forum is pretty good and there isn't alot done out of context, to have more moderators is cool, but lets not over do it. To have moderators from every state is a bodgy idea, its like having a car section for every state(which we dont), so to keep it simple, we should have moderators designated for each car section eg: corolla, celica, mrs etc, even though some sections are more popular than others, it only makes sense to have a moderator for each car section as they are most likely to visit this section more frequently because of their interest. I personally visit the corolla forum more than the others because of my personal interest of owning a corolla. Does this make sense ?

It does make sense. That's what i've been saying all along, lol. I think it'll work better that way. So you don't have a Moderator from the Camry forum, trying to help out in the Supra forum, won't work to good.

Basically keep it simple, moderators should stick to what they know best, there own model of car. If you can help out in other areas with advise, that's fine, but you only moderate your particular forum.

What's happening with this voting thingy???? Are we still nominating people and voting on the nominations? Will current non active moderators have to be re nominated for a position? C'mon guys lets not let this drag on. :(

What's happening with this voting thingy???? Are we still nominating people and voting on the nominations? Will current non active moderators have to be re nominated for a position? C'mon guys lets not let this drag on. :(

Not the a certain AGM hey Bren

Not the a certain AGM hey Bren

Oooh, low blow! :P

Azza is referring to the Toyota Car Club's AGM the other night which, as seems to happen in every organised club that I've seen, tends to drag on while board nominations are sought and then voted on.

Not the best night for guests to come along and get a feel for the club, though.

Having said that, I thought their new Vice President and Secretary in particular looked like decent fellas B)

Oooh, low blow!    :P

Azza is referring to the Toyota Car Club's AGM the other night which, as seems to happen in every organised club that I've seen, tends to drag on while board nominations are sought and then voted on.

Not the best night for guests to come along and get a feel for the club, though.

Having said that, I thought their new Vice President and Secretary in particular looked like decent fellas  B)

Didn't they nominate 3 Vice President's. :P

Yes, it probably was not the best organised car club meet to ttend being that the re-elections were required, however in saying that, I am keen to get along to a meet where they are not going through that process in order to actually see what they are there for.

Back to the topic. IMO, do we know yet where Steve sits with the ideas of playing around with the moderators? I just don't want us to all sit here and waste our time talking about it if Steve is going to put a kybosh on anything we want to do, but then I don't want us all to sit here and 'talk' about what we want to do if Steve is waiting for us to actually make a decision.

I feel that the best way to have the Moderator's set up would be to forget about where they are located, and just elect about 3 or 4 people. I do not feel that these people need to be expert mechanics, know-it-alls, or anything else. I think that they just need to be people that have been around the forums for a bit (ie not newbies) and have proven that they have not only contibuted to the forums with interesting and useful conversations, but also all round good guys (or girls).

Maybe the best way to do this would be if evey body sent on person a PM with a list of 3 people they would like to see as moderators, then this person create a new thread on the forum, perhaps in the style of a poll (without being able to leave comment to leave it purely as a vote).

I think someone impatrial to the vote could be this person. Someone that has no bias, that maybe lives in England, that maybe administrates the forum... ;)

Thats my opinion, don't chew me up for it, I am just trying to vent my opinion so everyone knows where everyone stands...

Cheers

Aaron

so whats happening? seems like we are at the end of the road and its voting time, could you organise somthing please steve.

Steve can we have a list of moderators and moderators elect to vote from? Lets not drag this on and on ;)

It appears that maybe Steve has not been reading this thread. (Prolly too busy running this great forum)

I will send him a PM and grab his attention.

It appears that maybe Steve has not been reading this thread.  (Prolly too busy running this great forum)

I will send him a PM and grab his attention.

well he does have a rather large kingdom to survey.

anyway, i don't think i have the time and commitment to be a moderator yet.

i think danz and pippy would make good ones tho.

bear in mind it's not a popularity contest coz i wouldn't want to see this forum get trooperhump.gif and taken over by skewed judgements made by a weak moderator and his bunch of lackeys.

Edited by shaohaok

Sorry for not keep tabs guys.. last week my PC went bang and I have managed to get stuff sorted and had to reinstall software and get myself running again.

I was waiting for you guys to make a list or add names to a poll

But I will only make new moderators who will actually commit to spending at least 30 mins a day going through posts.

Also I have big experience with forums.. and like th e other boards we usually have mods that manage all forums because you dont need to be car minded to know when someone is being rude, silly or bitchy or know when a topic is not in the right place.

So.. we usually set things up so that mods look after the whole board in the hope that at least there is one Mod about during the daytime.

Thats my experience and I would like to stick to this.

So... If you guys can get a list of names that are willing to help then its up to you guys to vote.

Thats fair then