Blitz Advance Power Air Cleaner Intake

Hellooo guys~ just wanna know some feedback on this lil beast on the corolla/auris!! i've been trying to get an CAI for almost a month now? still waiting with no result, first began with the "K&N Apollo CIS" which was a total failed after one of my mates performance mechanic told me it will cause alot of problem to the ECU and Engine Performance if this was fitted since it will tempter with the MAF Sensor.. so he re-directed me to order one of these Blitz Power Air Cleaner~ which is around $430 AUD so im abit confused..since its pretty pricey lil filter i want to know if its really worth getting it on my car???

i posted a foto below so you can see which one i was talking about.. =]]

let me know what you think

post-25805-0-31487200-1317703462_thumb.j

Hellooo guys~ just wanna know some feedback on this lil beast on the corolla/auris!! i've been trying to get an CAI for almost a month now? still waiting with no result, first began with the "K&N Apollo CIS" which was a total failed after one of my mates performance mechanic told me it will cause alot of problem to the ECU and Engine Performance if this was fitted since it will tempter with the MAF Sensor.. so he re-directed me to order one of these Blitz Power Air Cleaner~ which is around $430 AUD so im abit confused..since its pretty pricey lil filter i want to know if its really worth getting it on my car???

hey mate you can buy a simota CAI for 107$ from your local autobarn, but if u want the best then go for the CES Racing CAI $512 + postage if needed

• Like 1

hey mate you can buy a simota CAI for 107$ from your local autobarn, but if u want the best then go for the CES Racing CAI $512 + postage if needed

Yeh u sawed the simota cai at repco, the guy i know told me not worth it better with better intake system which why i when with K&N apollo cis but then end up that problem so the mechanic guy told me he will get me something better which is the blitz one... Lol but i want to kknow if i can feel any difference ? Dont wanna spend that much with no difference know what i mean??? Plus with CES racing i heard of them too lol but i really like the blitz one just looks maddd =] so yer plus cheaper than CES

If it's not for a Sportivo I wouldn't spend that much. Not worth it.

Why not worth it if its not sportivo? Mine is just a normal 2010 corolla hatch ascent ?lol.....

Why not worth it if its not sportivo? Mine is just a normal 2010 corolla hatch ascent ?lol.....

Because unlike a Sportivo, our 2010 Ascent engine is weak, I really don't think spending $400-500 on a CAI is worth it. Why not get an Injen CAI? It's already proven to work well by many members here and it's cheaper. I think you can buy it for around $230 + postage.

I don't know, you can bling your Ascent up with cosmetic modifications as much as you want but I just don't find it worthwhile installing performance mods on a car with a weak 100kW engine. The improvement you get is just not worth the money you spend I reckon.

Personally I'd rather spend that money on repaying the finance and hopefully the newer Corolla would have more powerful engine, maybe even a new Sportivo that I can trade my Ascent in for.

• Like 1

Because unlike a Sportivo, our 2010 Ascent engine is weak, I really don't think spending $400-500 on a CAI is worth it. Why not get an Injen CAI? It's already proven to work well by many members here and it's cheaper. I think you can buy it for around $230 + postage.

I don't know, you can bling your Ascent up with cosmetic modifications as much as you want but I just don't find it worthwhile installing performance mods on a car with a weak 100kW engine. The improvement you get is just not worth the money you spend I reckon.

Personally I'd rather spend that money on repaying the finance and hopefully the newer Corolla would have more powerful engine, maybe even a new Sportivo that I can trade my Ascent in for.

yeh i realise that one lol, sometime i find it funny going up a hill at my place its like full throttle and only at 65 slowly climbing to 80 -100 lollll. but yeh im not intend to get performance part upgrade for performance wise, reason why i wanted the CAI especially the Blitz one, is for the sound it made along with the sport exhaust ive installed thats the only reason i suppose *confuse* plus trying to keep it as legal as possible so i dont get defect and stuff.

with Ces and Ingen Cai yes i have looked into them too, but i dont like how the POD is sitting near the bottom, coz i drove over puddles alot when it rain, especially where i drive for daily. so yeh~~ but yeh im mainly going for Cosmetic modification but not to extreme lol just something easy and simple and nice looking rather than stock loll but hey by having CAI does it made a nice sound you can hear while you drive??? or it doesnt do much? sorry for the noob question ><"

With all due respect to all the modders here, and this is just my personal opinion which has no weight whatsoever outside of my own little world... If it's just for the sound, I personally think it's pointless. All bark and a little bite is not really cool IMO.

NOne taken :)

EVeryone is entitled to their own opinions,

And I hope we all. Respect each ones.

It's all up to the modder in the end. YOur money your car :)

• Like 1

With all due respect as well, this is my 2c.

I don't know if you have driven a ZRE with a CAI or not, but I just recently removed Injen CAI from my ZRE, I'll just say that it feels less responsive and pull through the revs now without the CAI.

About it being a "weak" engine, I agree it's not the most powerful engine but I was quite surprised (and my friends were too) how zippy the manual ZRE can be. For it being a 1.8L 100kW engine, it is not bad. Yeah, I wished it came with LIFT, but it's good enough to beat commonwhores and falcons around the track. :P

Note: I have driven ZREs with the CES, Injen CAIs but not with the Blitz.

CES CAI - add heaps more torque through the revs

Injen CAI - add more torque through the revs but more in mid-high revs

Blitz - looks and sounds it goes pretty decent (one of the ZRE members here has it)

My 2 cents. Your car, your money. :) I have driven ZREs with CAIs and it does a difference. Up to you if you can justify to spend the $$. :D

I agree with Dwee, Little gains add up to more midrange, top end, fun and response. If we wanted LIFT or POWER, a ZRE wouldnt have been the choice at time of purchase, thats pretty obvious...

I would suggest a CAI with decent length in the pipework tho, to increase torque down low. SRI or Short ram will scavenge at low revs until they reach mid to top end where they will flow freely with Wide Open Throttle.

At the end of the day your enjoyment is what matters, not peak power gains.

My 5 cents.

Why? wouldn't both cars be better from a decent air intake setup? Toyota wanted to keep the car fairly quite, so used the air intake they went for.

It's not like either of them are quick cars a Sportivo 0-100km in 8.4sec is slow if you ask me.

Have to admitt that type of money seems a bit excessive for the style of intake. I got my full OTRCAI for my V8 for about that money. And that thing can do 0-100 in 4.65secs and would be able to drop at least another sec with a decent stally and tyres.

Edited by QldKev
  • Like 1

yeh none taken guys, yes i totally understand its really not worth it if for instance, im fully into performance wise, and why wud i bother with something that expensive on a corolla that doesnt even give the power u know lol.

but yeh i guess it just my choice and i dont mind paying that much for a intake since gold coast, i have nothing really nothing at all that i know off, where i can mod my car lol. and not to mention everything here is so damn expensive, i remember last time i when and got a gauge installed~ it ended up costing me 200 dollars just to wire things up and have it mounted. T.T *horrible* yes i know.

if ive mechanic friends and stuff i dont mind paying them and help me but unfortunately i dont lolll. so yeh. well i gotta admit corolla is good for daily driving, and not too heavy on the petrol draining~ roughly $60 full tank Vpower. but yeh.

anyway thank you guys for all the respond, really helped me. i guess ill see in the end whether i shud get it or not..hard choice haha. i just really love that Induction suction sound along with the exhaust =]]] plus the mechanic guy who is gonna help me installed it so non of those defect stuff comes my way, since i already have few times where polices are having checking zone around where i live. ><"

Why? wouldn't both cars be better from a decent air intake setup? Toyota wanted to keep the car fairly quite, so used the air intake they went for.

It's not like either of them are quick cars a Sportivo 0-100km in 8.4sec is slow if you ask me.

Have to admitt that type of money seems a bit excessive for the style of intake. I got my full OTRCAI for my V8 for about that money. And that thing can do 0-100 in 4.65secs and would be able to drop at least another sec with a decent stally and tyres.

yeh mate, i have no idea why something like that could be so expensive, at first i thought~ it wud be some where close to around 250, coz when i brought the KN Apollo CIS, it was 300. included all those piping and stuff. but blitz? i was like wat the...32,000 yen(JP) roughly around 400-430 AUD so yeh.. ><" sigh...

my 400,000 cents..

injen = laggy/slow + engine light (CEL) problem

ces = never tried

blitz = (what i've had since selling the injen) just awesome, sounds like boxer engine high gear low revs, havn't had any cel problems since installing it.

up to you if u wanna fork out that kind of money for an intake. at the end of the day ur money ur car, f what others say. u do what u like

cheers.

tom

• Like 1

my 400,000 cents..

ces = never tried

blitz = (what i've had since selling the injen) just awesome, sounds like boxer engine high gear low revs, havn't had any cel problems since installing it.

up to you if u wanna fork out that kind of money for an intake. at the end of the day ur money ur car, f what others say. u do what u like

cheers.

tom

Loll thanks tommm!! But hey so your blitz one, is it the advance power air cleaner? Same as the pic above i posted?? If soo cann you really heard the sonic sus induction sound like the japanese describe the blitz intake does while you drive?

Edited by crolladx

my 400,000 cents..

ces = never tried

cheers.

tom

Loll thanks tommm!! But hey so your blitz one, is it the advance power air cleaner? Same as the pic above i posted?? If soo cann you really heard the sonic sus induction sound like the japanese describe the blitz intake does while you drive?

hey man, yeah u can hear it. its a nice sound, sounds sweeet. yep its the same one. expensive for a pod but hey i rekon its worth it. injen couldn't do it for me so yeah. another forum member has it too and he was the one who got it first and i followed suit.

lol. Ggg.gif

crolladx: dude, ur money ur car, do as u wish. a few members have tried the injen and they like it, some had problems but its not all bad, just hope yours dont do the same and throw a CEL.

CES one IS expensive BUT you really get what you paid for as they have done the R&R so definately getting gains throughout the rev range there. not sure if people have dynoed a before injen cai and after. (i think dwee has?:P)

not sure if people have dynoed a before injen cai and after. (i think dwee has?:P)

i think hes got his stock dyno without the cai,

he parted out before he got to do the dyno (last month) i think .. :ph34r:

I would recommend CES CAI; however, they have only custom-made one and one member on here has it! CES + throttle controller turns it into a little pocket rocket. :)

:huh:

I also have my 5 cents but I had better not spend it here

I never said he shouldn't get a CAI although I did say that I personally don't like having a car that's all bark and little bite. I just said to the OP that it's not worth spending $400-500 for a CAI on a ZRE. I did suggest the Injen CAI which is cheaper and would still give him the noise that he likes.

You're comparing apple and orange there mate. You have to put it in proper context. How many front wheel drive hatchbacks available on the market do you know are powered by a V8 that can do 0-100kph in 4.65 seconds?

I just said compared to the Sportivo, the ZRE is weak. And I only mentioned the Sportivo because this is a Toyota forum and it's the most powerful Toyota hatchback that you can still buy in Australia without having to parallel import the Blade Master. If this was a Mazda forum, I would mention the MPS, if it was a Ford forum, I'd mention the Focus XR5 (the RS doesn't count as it was a limited sales), etc. etc.

Speaking of which, even those turbocharged hot hatches can only do 0-100kph in around 6-7seconds so I would say the Sportivo's 8secs is VERY fast for a N/A engine. God I wish Toyota would bring it back next year.

you've opened a can worms haven't you.. lol

Seems that way doesn't it? Not my intention though. I just call it as I see it. It was just my personal point of view. I respect everyone here who've modded their ZRE and I wish I have the level of knowledge that people here have. That said, I'd still not bother installing any performance mods on my ZRE. :P

Edited by P_T