Fuel Tank Size

ok i could me wrong but to my understanding the sportivo fuel tank size is 60L and then there is all the fuel lines and what not so it should hold roughly 65L

correct me if im wrong with anything

anyways i drove till i thought i was pretty much empty the other day the needle was touching the empty line

i went tot he servo and it only filled up 49L so i was kinda annoyed i did get 590km out of that tank but i could possibly get almost 700 if its the size its meant to be

anyways any info from any body would be appreciated

cheers guys

The Sportivos tank is 60 litres, the other Corollas have 55 litres, not sure how much extra all the fuel lines hold.

I find once I get to the E line, I've got over 10 litres left, enough for 110-130kms, depending on the driving.

I have ran my Sportivo for 120kms after the money light came on, then filled up with almost 60 litres (prolly around 58-59 to be exact).

I would say that the claim of a 60L tank is accurate.

I dun think there would be 5L in the fuel lines etc though. Thats a lot of fuel (imagine a mower fuel can full). I would say prolly 400 - 500ml, but please correct me if I am wrong if anybody knows for sure.

xGSiR if i went by what you said then my tank is only 55litres so unless my tank is the wrong tank size then i somhow dont think so

BUT

i was just wondering AZZA i filled up with the needle touching the top of the empty line so bottom of needle top of empty line how far down did you take it for it to fill up at 59 litres

well im quite happy with that i got almost 600kms out of 50ltrs that i think is quite good

and i know its not toyota but im sure i remember somone sayin there is roughly in a commodre like 3 or 4 litres of excess fuel meaning fuel lines,filter and whatever else makes up the fuel run

In my 1zz i get 550-600km till the fuel light comes on (~7-8L per hundred k's).

When the fuel light comes on, it takes exactly 42 litres to fill up, the tank is supposed to be 55L, so i have 13L left which is another ~150km, however i dont generally let it run much below the fuel light...incase the factory manual lies and its really only 50L, that would be uncool - also running your car till empty is not much good for the internals...

Stivo i am sure is a similar story

i was just wondering AZZA i filled up with the needle touching the top of the empty line so bottom of needle top of empty line how far down did you take it for it to fill up at 59 litres

It was about 4 mile UNDER the bottom empty line... :P it was WAAAAAYY low...

yeh i hate having the feeling of low fuel, and you have that constant feeling that the car's just gonna stop roadside with an empty tank, so you rush to the nearest station... well thats me anyway :P oh and i hear that running a tank dry isn't good because of all the air bubles you can get in the fuel lines :S

When ever I get a new car I like to do a run till empty, that way I know how far the needle will go, the Sportivo's fuel gauge needle will drop way past the empty line and will actually point at the "E".

Probably not recommended but I've had no problems.

If you're going to try this don't forget the jerry can.

hmm i think i might do that 2

i know its not good for the car but im sure it wont hurt it too much if i only do it this once

i just want to know exactly where it can go till empty just for personal reference so i only need to do it once

besides once it starts coughing and farting ill turn her straight off i wont try to keep going that way it should help out a little bit with not hurting the motor

• 1 year later...

In my 1zz i get 550-600km till the fuel light comes on (~7-8L per hundred k's).

well lucky you get round 7-8L - mine is around the 8.5L to 8.9L (thts when i redline most takeoffs) but best i ever done was 8.2L, 8.3L

tried using some fuel injector cleaner.. didnt do much...