Typhoon Intake

MR PSI 213

Hi Guys,

Keen to get my K&N intake ordered..

I searched the forums and found that quite a few guys have the K&N Typhoon intake installed on their Aurions.. this was suprising to me because up untill I saw that I thought the ony option was to replace the Factory panel filter with a K&N one which is LAIM

Can someone confirm with me that this is the right one to order, found it by searching for 3.5L Camry

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=69-8611TS

Cheers !

Hi Guys,

I searched the forums and found that quite a few guys have the K&N Typhoon intake installed on their Aurions.. this was suprising to me because up untill I saw that I thought the ony option was to replace the Factory panel filter with a K&N one which is LAIM

Can someone confirm with me that this is the right one to order, found it by searching for 3.5L Camry

Cheers !

Yerpp that's her aright.

Hi Guys,

Cheers !

You wont be dissapointed thats for sure !

I just got my SRI K&N back on now and the sound at 5000rpm is freaking awesome  throttle response is better. Feels like more torque. But at the end of the day, you do it for the noise 

Can anyone else confirm that this is true? As far as I can tell, the drive is the same to me.

I just got my SRI K&N back on now and the sound at 5000rpm is freaking awesome  throttle response is better. Feels like more torque. But at the end of the day, you do it for the noise 

Can anyone else confirm that this is true? As far as I can tell, the drive is the same to me.

Everyone feels things differently. This does not necessarily mean that what one person says is applicable to you. I can say a roller-coaster feels boring and slow, yet someone else can say it was exhilarating and fast.

• Like 1

How much you got it for and install price all up?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/K-N-Typhoon-Series-Cold-Air-Intake-Filter-Kit-69-8611TS-/350506755784?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item519bd4a6c8

I think I may have gotten mine a tad cheaper. Installation - $0, did it myself. It comes with pretty detailed instructions that takes about 1-3 hours depending on the person.

Im a noob at DIY. But I reckon doing the K&N is easier than changing the rear lights, the instructions are literally for dummies. It works heaps for me. :)

MY good lord what a weapon of a noise! After driving Scoota's SX6 today and doing blast by's on eh highway i can’t wait to get my hands on one of these! :P :clap::yahoo::toast:

I will be heading down to the post office at 9am this morning to pick mine up and I cannot wait to hear the difference!

Like those before me I got mine from Ebay from "ultrarevparts" and it took a month to get here which was a bit too long in my book. But it did take them a week to send it so all up 3 weeks if they had have sent it properly.

Cost for me was $315 with postage.

I will be heading down to the post office at 9am this morning to pick mine up and I cannot wait to hear the difference!

Like those before me I got mine from Ebay from "ultrarevparts" and it took a month to get here which was a bit too long in my book. But it did take them a week to send it so all up 3 weeks if they had have sent it properly.

Cost for me was $315 with postage.

Good luck fitting it.

what daryl is referring to is that fact that its for an aurion, not a TRD. so its not going to fit... hence the "good luck".

Yeah. In case you haven't read everything that has been said around these forums (which sounds like the case), the K&N Typhoon is not made to fit the TRD which has the throttle body pointing towards the rear (unlike the N/A Aurion which has it pointing towards the front). On top of that, the PCV hose tube is on the rear of the TRD and on the front of the non-TRD so you will need to get some longer hose too.

Hope you are good with a hacksaw because you are going to have to cut the intake shorter and modify the supplied heat shield.

Did not have to do any of the above mentioned.

Had it installed within an hour with no hacksaw so I do not see what all the fuss is about.

maybe I just got lucky?

Did not have to do any of the above mentioned.

Had it installed within an hour with no hacksaw so I do not see what all the fuss is about.

maybe I just got lucky?

I would very much like to see a photo of it installed in your engine bay. Pictures are better than words as they say

• Like 1

lol does everything still work as it should........

After hearing these things on Scoota's with an exhaust these things would sound absolutely mental with the TVS supercharger wine!

After hearing these things on Scoota's with an exhaust these things would sound absolutely mental with the TVS supercharger wine!

1) The whine is fairly quiet when you compare it to a traditional roots blower. If you have aftermarket mufflers fitted, they pretty much drown most of it out. TVS whine, LOL.

2) It doesn't roar like the N/A Aurion because the supercharger muffles the induction roar.

TBH, the N/A Aurion with intake sounds more aggressive than the TRD with intake.

1) The whine is fairly quiet when you compare it to a traditional roots blower. If you have aftermarket mufflers fitted, they pretty much drown most of it out. TVS whine, LOL.

2) It doesn't roar like the N/A Aurion because the supercharger muffles the induction roar.

TBH, the N/A Aurion with intake sounds more aggressive than the TRD with intake.

True they are alot quiter than a traditional charger but there is still some wine there but yeah guess the charger does alter the noise. Most modern s/c engines these days are queiter and smoother than their n/a brothers. although perhaps the Aurion is different in atleast the quietness point of view.

Thanks for all of the advice guys,

It sounds like it makes a massive difference on the intake sound at high revs, TBH I already through the Aurion sounded like a beast at high revs but this takes it to the MAX!!

I shall be ordering mine shortly :):)

Cheers

Josh

Well I'll be damned. Seems like rotating the intake 90 degrees is the way to go with it. You already had a catch can though to make it easier to plumb the PCV hose back into the intake. Two questions though:

1) That nearly looks like the intake is putting tension on the silicone reducer (as in bending it slightly). Is that the case?

2) How much clearance is there around the heatshield where the intake goes through it?