Typhoon Intake

MR PSI 213

Well I'll be damned. Seems like rotating the intake 90 degrees is the way to go with it. You already had a catch can though to make it easier to plumb the PCV hose back into the intake. Two questions though:

1) That nearly looks like the intake is putting tension on the silicone reducer (as in bending it slightly). Is that the case?

2) How much clearance is there around the heatshield where the intake goes through it?

No the catch can was installed at the same time as I knew that the PCV hose was going to be an issue. Still waiting for my red vacuum hoses to arrive to make that part look better as it looks cheap atm. The hardest part of all of this was mounting that bugger as that 6mm bolt did not want to house. Ended up having to remove the heatshield to get my hand in there.

1 - From what I can tell there is minimal if any stress on the reducer at this point. There was alot of position changes in this process and this was the best position I could find.

2 - I am not sure about this as I am back at work. When I get home later on I will take a photo from above and get the tape measure out for you.

On the up side the car sounds insane. I am very impressed with the note it has now and it managed to turn quite a few heads yesterday when I took it for a spin.

One down side is the exhaust is too loud when you are using the manual gears so you can hardly hear the sucking from inside the car.

All in all I am pleased :)

lol Good Chance K&N may see a slight spike in SRI sales shortly haha

Do it you know you want to!

:yahoo:

lol yeah ill get one when i come back from Japan etc, unless i bring one back ahahha

• 3 weeks later...

nice find shadow. I've got one on the way.

I got it week after i installed myself lol took me like 3 hours to do it just read the papers they in the box, i cracked my stock airbox when i try to remove the k&n panel filter lol...any way i got it done. now it rawr like v-tech when i hit 50+ lol

Edited by Shadow_

Took about an hour to install. Follow the supplied instructions and you can't go wrong. The sound when you drop it back a couple of gears and boot it is addictive. Interestingly my fuel economy didn't go up.

would be good if i can see how much fuel it burn after install but my meters is not working after i install the kendwood 2din headunit lol i still want to get it work but i have to get those chip thing to program it cost like 50-70 to buy it get them from USA

would be good if i can see how much fuel it burn after install but my meters is not working after i install the kendwood 2din headunit lol i still want to get it work but i have to get those chip thing to program it cost like 50-70 to buy it get them from USA

The intake alone will no affect your fuel consumption on a measurable level for the better or worse. Your fuel economy post-install will come down to how you choose to drive afterwards.

Also, you can get your dash display to work with an aftermarket head unit without the need to use an aftermarket "chip" or module. You can find information on this by searching the forum.

The intake alone will no affect your fuel consumption on a measurable level for the better or worse. Your fuel economy post-install will come down to how you choose to drive afterwards.

Also, you can get your dash display to work with an aftermarket head unit without the need to use an aftermarket "chip" or module. You can find information on this by searching the forum.

done!

Edited by Shadow_

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know this may seem a silly question but i am quite a noob when it comes to mechanical ANYTHING on a car outside of basic DIY servicing. BUT, the question, nonetheless, Do you get the nice sound from just installing a K&N Typhoon or is it in lieu of an upgraded exhaust also?

The sound from the sportivo IMO i've always thought would be nice and grunty if upgraded properly... but like i said, very new to this.

get the intake, very easy to install and sounds great.

So i can get the nice sound without having to install an exhaust system? (which i intend to do in the future anyway) But if theres a cheaper easier option in the meanwhile, i'll take it...

Intake produces more noise in the engine bay, although it affects the exhaust, but the exhaust is where you seem you want the noise from. So get em both. :)

get the intake, very easy to install and sounds great.

So i can get the nice sound without having to install an exhaust system? (which i intend to do in the future anyway) But if theres a cheaper easier option in the meanwhile, i'll take it...

It is the easiest mod that will turn heads. Matching an exhaust is still a very difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

Just purchased one (: shouldn't be too far off, going to get a couple of custom aluminium plates and covers made to cover the intake and a few other things.

Now just to find a reputable exhaust shop in mackay...

I'm thinking of getting one aswell but doo love the quiet sleeper sounds of the aurion as standard.

Has anyone done a video of the idle and different rev ranges of No load & load on engine? as it may sell it to me more to wana get one :)

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah just installed mine (: the best mod (;

Even on a stock exhaust it growls beautifully!

On sharp acceleration you get that sucking noise that I love!! Cruising around its got a slight whine but still sleeper, and then you kick the firewall and a roaring cacophony of V6 delishesness enters your ears :D would recommend!!! So easy to install! Just don't forget to plug in the mass air sensor or its bloody hard to start and won't exceed 80kph or 3rd gear

• 1 year later...

does anyone know what happend to the picture for the trd wit the intake?

or better yet someone have a copy of the pic?

much appreciated

Edited by TRD69