new site

zedder

The mobile site has been updated too. What I find nice is the button at the bottom to view the desktop version. Only glitch there is my particular phone has remembered to display the full site now. I'll figure out how to change that one back.

Overall, I quite like the new layout. It's quite clean. There are a few things that are hard to read due to contrast issues with the default colours, but maybe that might just be my eyes.

Another thing that is neat is when you view new posts, if you click on one to read it, it is removed from the new posts list until another new post is added.

has the site been changed. Most of the new posts I've looked at have ads for pills etc about a page long. This sux.

before you rail agaist the upgrade, can I suggest you try something like Ad-Block Plus for firefox if the ad's are such a HUGE deal. Ad-Block Plus does wonders on all my fav news sites / auction sites.

Remember: Change is enevatable, progress is optional :)

has the site been changed. Most of the new posts I've looked at have ads for pills etc about a page long. This sux.

before you rail agaist the upgrade, can I suggest you try something like Ad-Block Plus for firefox if the ad's are such a HUGE deal. Ad-Block Plus does wonders on all my fav news sites / auction sites.

Remember: Change is enevatable, progress is optional :)

There was a spambot that posted pages of pill advertisements. I think that was the cause of the issue, not the site.

Another thing that is neat is when you view new posts, if you click on one to read it, it is removed from the new posts list until another new post is added.

I disagree, I think it is a rubbish idea, this "update" is definitely a step in the wrong direction. Steve really screwed it up this time... :nono:

I quite like it for the most part.

I agree with Daryl re. a few contrast issues (this here 'Quick Reply' box being a prime example).

My only other major gripe is that damned menu bar that follows you as you scroll down the page. Most of my time on TOCAU is at work, and I have my browser window as a narrow strip across the bottom of my screen. So as I scroll down, the menu bar takes up about 30% of my browsing space. A button to lock the bar to the top of the page instead of following you down would be nice.

I disagree, I think it is a rubbish idea, this "update" is definitely a step in the wrong direction. Steve really screwed it up this time... :nono:

yeahh,,..

but you can change it back :D !

on the side bar where it says "New Since Last Visit"

or past 24 hours, etc etc

I don't mind changes, we will adapt to changes... hopefully...

couple of things that i don't like,

• R/H menu bar is too wide. I have my 24" standing up vertically instead of the usual widescreen and the menu takes up too much room.
  • When "Show All" button is pressed in my broswer (Maxthon) it opens up a new tab

Keep up the good work :clap:

My original signature automatically converted to embedded videos, which I don't want

Took me a while to change my signature back to hyperlink. I have removed the http part of the link..

If it still does not work, I have to convert to IP address !!

Not to show off, since I am a programmer (not php), this is my input...

look at the left for all our profile pictures, the images are all getting blurred, using Firebug, in css file,

http://au.toyotaowne...ss/prettify.css line 243

You are setting the height and width over there, which makes the images blurry. and in other pages, you are using a different size

This programming technique will resize the image and make it looks bad... The best technique is using a dynamic page to generate the image at run time, having the width and height specified at the top of the url.. example will be thumbnail.php?width=90&height=90&imagepath=encryptedpath

Now, I need to reupload my profile picture, and find it not working!!!

Anyways, I like the new site. Just require further polish and it will fly !!

Edited by ben yip

Are you baiting? or is it you just being you?

It's a forum, how can it be going in the wrong direction? which is the right direction?

Screwed up?? really?

Oops I forgot to mention that I like it, especially the removal of oversized signatures option :D

Still haven't checked it out thoroughly but lovin the colour scheme..

What I don't like so far is members that have a pic on their profile setting (customization) now it can't be seen

It's a forum, how can it be going in the wrong direction? which is the right direction?

Screwed up?? really?

Mobile version is much better.

My opinion, hence "I think", is neither right nor wrong. I don't care if I get hit with more ads since i don't pay for the "supporter benefits", but for the guys who pay and are now getting hit with more ads, is rubbish. If you don't like my opinion John, click ignore, but if you are cool with it, enjoy the rest of your day. ;)

Screwed up?? really?

Mobile version is much better.

My opinion, hence "I think", is neither right nor wrong. I don't care if I get hit with more ads since i don't pay for the "supporter benefits", but for the guys who pay and are now getting hit with more ads, is rubbish. If you don't like my opinion John, click ignore, but if you are cool with it, enjoy the rest of your day. ;)

I always read your opinions,most are negative some just come across as rude but I do read them,I don't ignore anyone, I just didn't understand the "direction" comment that's all,and thanks to BG Pete I am without ads now..

Carry on ;)

I like the look of it, but it's far too laggy and most of the avatars are pixelated or out of proportion

Mobile version is BAWS though

I am glad I am not the only one experiencing this issue. Scrolling down a page is a PITA on the new software. I don't mind the colour scheme but using it is terrible.

I don't mind the layout of the mobile version though, much better than the previous.

Ok Guys.. I understand not everyone likes changes or certain things. The reason for the right menu in posts is simple, we're going to be adding more features to the website, and this will really help with the navigation to new parts of the club since most people looking for an answer see the thread and nothing else. The highest bounce rate is a post page as a majority of people who find the club go directly to the post page. With crosslinking in the right to new features encourages more clicks through to other parts of the site.

As for ads. I am working on much lesser ads for paid members. It's like unpicking a ball string and putting all back together.

As for right menu and screen sizes, the Lofi version will really help with that (mobile version) it takes all the graphics out so great for when your at work.

The avatars, i am not happy with and did not realise that it would mess them up, so something i would like to look at asap.

All other notes will be looked at and taken on board.

one last thing.. we don't right the software, only the skin. So functions are beyond my control, but upgrades need to be done.

I kindda like it. I only have to get used to it.

I know from my experience that maintaining a web site and updating it takes a lot of work, so changes like this are really worth to mention. May be not everyone is happy with it at first glance, but I think that all new implementations sometimes need little adjustments to make it better.

Great work guys!

Cheers

AB

Steve, thanks for fixing the CSS, max-width will do the trick..

I finally made the profile picture working, it has to be 200px

Edited by ben yip

The mobile site has been updated too. What I find nice is the button at the bottom to view the desktop version. Only glitch there is my particular phone has remembered to display the full site now. I'll figure out how to change that one back.

Overall, I quite like the new layout. It's quite clean. There are a few things that are hard to read due to contrast issues with the default colours, but maybe that might just be my eyes.

I MUST BE MISSING SOMETHING. Running this on my Xoom Android Tablet I can't find any switch at the bottyom of the page to select desktop version or mobile. I prefer Desktop versions of all sites on my tablet, this looks terrible as a mobile on a tablet.